Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224259 times)

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #3270 on: September 08, 2011, 10:07:52 PM »
I wouldn't mind being part of the thread and we would obviously be coming back eventually. So interacting with Jocun isn't out of the question. Besides, we could take more people if we really wanted to. So maybe we could ask if anyone else would like to come along but have Sami and Noah be the guaranteed  people to go. Everyone else would be bonus. So if you want Jocun to come then I have no objections. I don't know about any one else though.

Help my dragon grow big and strong

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3271 on: September 08, 2011, 10:16:53 PM »
I suppose he might come so he could get on the good side of at least some patrons.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #3272 on: September 08, 2011, 10:23:12 PM »
Good side of Patrons? What do you mean by that? Patrons who?

Sorry, I have my slow moments. When you guys say patrons all the time, do you mean the people who have been rping with you for a long time or just anyone?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3273 on: September 08, 2011, 10:25:42 PM »
Bar patrons. The customers at the bar.

Patron: One who buys the goods or uses the services offered especially by an establishment.

That's one of several definitions, at least.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #3274 on: September 08, 2011, 10:30:21 PM »
Well Larry has been taken and Grun is looking for Sami. I left it open to who wants to join because I said that she would need help and to ask the other bar patrons. When the list of people coming on the rescue is complete I will start the thread and since the land is called Sanctuary then the thread will be called, GESB: Sanctuary Dimension.

Sound good?

Also I think that is my longest post ever and my hands are now cramping up. Ow!

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3275 on: September 08, 2011, 10:32:55 PM »
Jocun will come for the sake of trying to end a war on a positive note. That would probably be the main reason for someone as important as him to go somewhere his people might not be able to get to.

Ani-Master 2014!

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #3276 on: September 08, 2011, 10:35:40 PM »
I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but the hollow tree trunk is about 25 feet from the front door of the Bar. The top of it is sturdy, but will break if you hit it with enough force.

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #3277 on: September 08, 2011, 10:38:16 PM »

*claps cheerfully* yaaaaaay!!!! Inspiration is awesome. I wanted more action though, lol guess that's what the thread is for huh?

Jocun will come for the sake of trying to end a war on a positive note. That would probably be the main reason for someone as important as him to go somewhere his people might not be able to get to.

Is Jocun even a fighter if you said he wanted body guards when Noah had a scary look in her eyes? Is he more political or gets his hands dirty kind of person? Not trying to be rude so please don't take it that way, but why do you want him to come? Getting bored in the bar?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3278 on: September 08, 2011, 10:47:34 PM »
I just liked the interaction between him and Noah. He can fight, but he's still important enough to usually have bodyguards. I don't know if Seal will come back to post for Eshen.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #3279 on: September 08, 2011, 10:50:06 PM »
Ah, ok that makes more sense now

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #3280 on: September 08, 2011, 11:01:09 PM »

*claps cheerfully* yaaaaaay!!!! Inspiration is awesome. I wanted more action though, lol guess that's what the thread is for huh?

Well I am glad I inspired you. As to the lack of action that was the best I could do because Ba'al is WAY too powerful to be at the Bar because he is a Prime Evil Lord. Translation: Serious power-gaming villain Ba'al is. He is a very powerful demon that has earned the moniker of Lord of Destruction. The tentacles are one of his lowly minions and that's about all they can do is grab someone and throw them around.

Once in the land of Sanctuary though the action will definitely pick up, I promise. Also I think Larry is gonna get slashed up worse than the first time he appeared in the Bar. Gotta respect the bad @$$. ;D

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #3281 on: September 09, 2011, 12:03:55 AM »
Ok, I hope since I've matured since that time that this will not turn into another one of the times like when I asked to used my G-Pulse on the asteroid.

Ok, so; Vogefac just came back from the Shadow Dimension, which has a stimulating effect on beings(says Goku/Thor). He came into unison with a force from my universe called the Ke. It makes him virtually omnipotent.

The link between a being and the Ke is a telepathic link. So, although I'm not suggesting Vogefac be omnipotent, I believe there would be some residual contact with the Ke.

I was wondering if I could do something like the Avatar state - Vogefac doesn't know he's still in contact with the Ke, but when he's really angry or in serious danger the Ke come to him and he gains his powers back. Since he's angry or in fear he wouldn't be able to focus the power. So he wouldn't be virtually omnipotent - but he would be powerful.

Is that alright?
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #3282 on: September 09, 2011, 12:24:34 AM »
Hmm.....I like. I think as long as you font god-mod you should be good.
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #3283 on: September 09, 2011, 01:38:54 AM »
Well, what situations would bring about the need for your Ke state? More than likely some sort of attack, right? Here in the bar, if you're being attacked, it's more than likely that another player is attacking. If you go into your Ke state when in battle with another player, wouldn't it be a bit much? If Vogefac's anything like Ang was, when he was in his Avatar state, it may be a bit god-moddy.

As a player with a Gary Stu, I try to keep his actions as basic as I can. There are very few acceptions, such as if the person you're going against is modding themselves, then sometimes you don't have much choice; but your Ke state may probably be best against NPCs. The only time I've had Parker be insanely impressive, it was against NPC cannon fodder.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #3284 on: September 09, 2011, 04:59:50 AM »
Rukh, I agree with Parker.  Yes, Ossanlin has some very god-moddy powers, but they aren't something he can access very often, even if he IS threatened.  Not to mention that he can still take damage and after he descends, he's out of it for a long time.  If you want this whole Ke thing...you're going to have to build in weaknesses and limits (only being able to use it whilst threatened or angry isn't really enough of a limit), and we can't be seeing it very often.  Omnipotence in any form isn't acceptable.  In fact one could say that the epitome of god-modding is omnipotence.

Even when Ossanlin is ascended, he has limits...there are many things he just cannot do.  He can muddle with time to some extent and has superior mental and physical abilities as well as a very small power of creation, but he wouldn't be able to destroy the planetoid...(that whole fiasco with Goku doesn't count...that whole situation was discussed by the mods and it was decided that it would be best handled in character...not to mention the whole thing was rationalized by Ossanlin drawing dark energy directly from Mar who happens to be connected to a being as powerful as the Ellimist or Crayak)...and he can still be killed, though he might not die until he descends. 

Omnipotence means that you could cause the entire Universe to cease existing if you wanted to.  For example, someone attacks your character, he gets angry and rages, triggering omnipotence...he can't control himself due to his extreme rage and wipes the Universe out to make sure he kills the person who pissed him off....

I'm just saying, tone it down a bit.  Determine the abilities he has access to (not Ominpotence).  Impose limits on the abilities such as extreme circumstances like fight or flight, how long the abilities can be sustained, and penalties for using the abilities.  Once you have these sorted out, either post 'em up here or PM one of the mods and we'll talk it over and let you know if it works.  If I remember correctly, you already made the Reptilinod (sp?) pretty much gods already, so adding more power probably isn't the answer unless you're going to tone down Vogefac's natural abilities.  Just some helpful hints.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player