Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224259 times)

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #3195 on: September 04, 2011, 08:43:01 AM »
Ok! Time to bring back Morgan and crew. I'm contemplating doing something mean. Not sure yet.

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #3196 on: September 04, 2011, 10:17:10 AM »
Ok everyone who cares I have good news and not good news. Good news: I now have internet at home back. Bad news: It's not on the computer, it's on the Wii. So some of my posts might be a little difficult to understand and I apologize for that.

Another thing is that I forgot that tomorrow is Labor Day and library won't be open. So the soonest I can get to the library is Tuesday. If there's any posts that need to be edited, I'll do it then.

Also welcome Pixie to the GESB. I am going to make a long post so that way Larry reacts to you properly.

Also it is so good to be back everyone because I missed you.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3197 on: September 04, 2011, 11:28:42 AM »
It's weird. I can't really say that either of my characters came from anywhere in particular. They were both created due to the needs of a story I was writing at one point or another.  (Anyone who gets every reference wins a cookie).

Mar, at my best guess, is some combination of Erik from PotO, Scar from The Lion King, Javert's obsessive nature and generalized Frenchness from Les Miserables, Kuja's method of speaking from FFIX simplified greatly, and the powers of Rothbart from the Swan Princess with control of the Skeleton King's black stuff. Mix this with an internal perception of a sensation behind me and hope it doesn't explode. X)

Joanne and Keshin have an even more bizarre genesis. Basically, some variation of Keshin has existed since I was eight years old as my Yeerk imaginary friend. Joanne however is far later: her initial form was a modified variant of my own avatar in a totally different canon. Somehow or another I conceived that she should be from Brooklyn whereabouts due to me toying around with genres in a hotel once. Then I thought about what would happen to her powers if she entered a universe with semi-realistic physics and...

....well, it grew ever stranger from there.

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #3198 on: September 04, 2011, 03:38:38 PM »
Hey, that's cool. Some of the best characters are the ones that are completely made up.

I made Thordon up completely. One of the other RPs was a world building RP and the only specifications I was given was the world's name, the name of its people, and that they controlled the Element of Energy. I thought up everything from there. His name is a combination of Thor, the Thunder God, and my own. I've always thought it would be cool to have a character with four arms, so I gave them that. It reminds me of the Spider-Man episodes of when he had six arms. I always thought it'd be sick to have extra arms.

Ok! Time to bring back Morgan and crew. I'm contemplating doing something mean. Not sure yet.

Ah, let the poor people alone. You've tortured them enough, haven't you? Morgan's already losing his mind. They need some good news, dammit. :'(
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #3199 on: September 04, 2011, 07:25:35 PM »
In my opinion, the completely original characters are absolutely the best characters.  Playing canon characters that have a predetermined history, mindset, personality, etc...it's just boring and in general vanilla.  There's no personal attachment and no depth...it's sort of like being a puppet to your character.  Whereas with an original character, even if someone has determined some things for you (i.e. race, universe, etc...  for example being an Andalite or a Spartan...)  at least you have some room to grow and play a character that's fresh and new.  No one has any preconceptions about a character you write yourself, and it makes things all the more believable for everyone involved.  There's also a sense of personal attachment and growth within the character.  And the actions are determined more by the player than by a tired, preconceived notion of a canon character.

All of this (and some other things I didn't mention because I didn't want this to become a wall of text), is why we URGE all the players in the RP to come up with their personal characters.  You are absolutely right when you say the best characters are original to their player Parker.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3200 on: September 04, 2011, 07:36:19 PM »
If I bring Zoshonel back, and Noah is still around, I'd like to see how they interact. Zoshonel is a proud warrior race guy like Noah.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3201 on: September 04, 2011, 08:50:26 PM »
Thanks Ossy.

Hell yeah, Chad. Zoshonel! Zoshonel! Zoshonel! :XD: :headbang:

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3202 on: September 04, 2011, 09:04:57 PM »
I might even bring him back carrying a firearm as a call back to when Parker taught him how to shoot.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3203 on: September 04, 2011, 09:10:45 PM »
He'd be proud. ;D

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #3204 on: September 05, 2011, 02:59:11 AM »
How many of us carry fire arms? And if you choose to bring him back can you send me a message telling me info about him, that or be deceptive in the rp, cause unlike some people *cough* Revan *cough* *cough* I don't read the entire thread and ooc. So I barely know anything about what is going on.

Help my dragon grow big and strong

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3205 on: September 05, 2011, 04:12:00 AM »
I just care about the story is all. :)

A lot of the patrons are armed. I think only a few of them actually have firearms though.  The Andalites have Shredders which are alike to phasers, but if put on a high enough level, can dissintegrate matter. Most of the Yeerk-controlled patrons have Dracon Beams. They're basically modified Shredders, except they kill slower and cause more pain. They too can dissintegrate matter on a high level setting. The current Yeerks at the bar are Eshen, Jocun (unarmed?), Keshin, and Zorish. The other Yeerks would be Illim, Corliss, and Temrash, though all three are inside their respective ships, Illim and Cor in Cor's and Temrash in his own. The only Andalites, I believe are outside the bar. Ossanlin, Claxter, and Efean are all armed with Shredders. Serid, an Andalite stuck in human form carries a Dracon Beam.

Salem has a couple of hand held weapons, but I'm not sure what the effects ot them are.

Vogefac has claws that can shoot energy beams, but mostly the energy is to intensify the claws damage. Van has a rifle slung around his back, but again, I'm pretty sure it shoots energy. Ossy's bounty hunter has an odd gun, he hasn't used it, but his posts suggest that it actually destablizes matter, causing it to dissapate. Is that right Luke? Catie has an energy gun as well.

Gaz and Morgan use caseless ammo, but they're still projectiles. They're both in the bar, and both armed.

Then there's Silver, she has melee weaponry (not including her throwing knives), she had a katana for a time, but I think she traded it in for a collapsable staff. Her other character, Jade, I'm sure is armed, but with what, I can't remember.

Otherwise, the "unarmed" patrons would be: Sami, Larry(sort of), Al, Ewa, Mar(sort of), Dara and I'm fairly certain that Jasper isn't much threat with only his whittling knife. ;D

Sorry if I missed anyone, I'm just going off of memory.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3206 on: September 05, 2011, 07:52:53 AM »
Yeah, Jocun is unarmed. He happens to know martial arts, though that wouldn't work too well against some patrons.

When Zoshonel comes back, I will describe him again. If you're curious right now, he's an anthropomorphic dragon. Basically he looks like a cross between a Human and a dragon, but he's not part Human. He also has an impressive wingspan. As far as personality goes, he is legally an adault, but hasn't quite got the maturity of one yet. He can be kind of animalistic as well, since he'll growl, roar, and possibly even bite. He doesn't have multiple personalities like Noah, though.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3207 on: September 05, 2011, 07:57:11 AM »
Haha, he called your character a schizo. ;D

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #3208 on: September 05, 2011, 11:45:28 AM »
How many of us carry fire arms? And if you choose to bring him back can you send me a message telling me info about him, that or be deceptive in the rp, cause unlike some people *cough* Revan *cough* *cough* I don't read the entire thread and ooc. So I barely know anything about what is going on.

Yeah, Pixie, don't hesitate to ask in here if you have any questions about characters or situations (in particular, I was concerned with where everyone was, and what they all looked like, when I joined the bar- it struck me as a good thing to be able to know what Salem was seeing). Just because Noah doesn't know everything that's going on doesn't mean you have to be guessing as well ;)

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #3209 on: September 05, 2011, 02:36:31 PM »
Larry does not carry a firearm because he is from a time period that is before the invention of gunpowder. The staff he carries amplifies his fire and wind magic, but he has been known to use it as a melee weapon. Plus he has his faithful raven Grun that will attack anyone who poses a threat. :P

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P