Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224235 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2385 on: May 30, 2011, 11:37:44 AM »
Way to ignore the mod and fail to apologize, Chad. -1.

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2386 on: May 30, 2011, 11:51:10 AM »
First of all, I missed her post. Second, I think he's making himself sick with grief. I'm not going to apologize for trying to get him to calm down a little. His dog will be fine, which we're all happy for. But what he's talking about makes me a little concrned for him too.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2387 on: May 30, 2011, 12:05:28 PM »
Chad. There is nothing unhealthy about being concerned for an injured or ill part of your family; regardless of prognosis. Medical situations like Luke described occur very suddenly and without warning, and they are emotionally draining regardless of the outcome. He has the right to deal with the situation as he chooses, free from judgment.

I won't say anything more on the topic, for Luke's sake. In the future, though, if you can't be supportive of irl issues please remain silent. Thanks.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2388 on: May 30, 2011, 12:10:30 PM »
I already said I hoped the dog would be fine. He said he cried last night or something, even when he knew the dog was expected to be fine. He said he had fever chills when he didn't have a fever. I love dogs as much as anyone, but I also show concern for people too. Like when they're stressing themself into sickness.

I hope both Luke and puppy will be ok here on out.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2389 on: May 30, 2011, 01:44:01 PM »
Sorry I'm late, but since GESB is stagnant I haven't been checking the OOC very much. I'm glad to hear your dog is better Luke! My sympathies for the trauma you went through! That is all...
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #2390 on: May 30, 2011, 09:23:05 PM »
Disregard this post if you wish, it has nothing to do with Animorphs or the GESB.

Chad may be right, I might love Aleksey too much.  I'm certain I love him more than most people love their animal companions, but he is one of the most important beings in my life.  I'm not a terribly attractive person, and I've never had a significant other.  I live alone aside from Aleksey, he helps me in so many ways I can't even name.  He loves me unconditionally, it doesn't matter what I look like or how I act, he loves me, and I love him.  I guess I don't see a problem with that...I know that if I lose him before I die (which is likely the case), it will hurt terribly...but I can't make myself love him any less and quite frankly, I don't want to make myself try.  He's a young dog and he deserves many more years than just two on this planet.  

I do believe that many people would cry if one of the most important companions in their lives narrowly escaped death and was still in the woods even if they'd been given a good prognosis, or if they had listened to that companion shriek and howl in pain as they tried to retch while their esophogus and intestines were twisted shut, causing their stomach to nearly explode with every involuntary muscular contraction.  It was the most horrible noise I'd ever heard, especially knowing it was coming from a companion that I love with all of my heart.  He doesn't deserve this pain and suffering, he has done nothing to merit such punishment, and it's really a double entendre, because he's the one that consoles me when I'm sad or depressed.  I also experienced pure panic for the very first time in my life.  Do you know what it feels like to feel completely and totally helpless?  To see and hear a loved one dying right before your eyes, looking at you in desperation for help...and you not knowing what the hell to do?  I replay that scene over and over in my head because I can't help it, and I can still feel the dread and panic when I do...not as strongly or as freshly, but it's still there, I'll never forget it.

And then finally getting that loved-one to the hospital, hearing that he has a good chance of survival with surgery, and then being told that you have to magically produce $1500 on the spot or they'll just let him die?  To have all of your options fail...to feel completely helpless, knowing that you're going to lose your closest companion because you don't have any god damned money?!  "Oh we could save his life but we're not going to."  Can you understand the frustration?  And then the only way that you can produce the money is if your mother loans you the last bit of savings she has and possibly faces foreclosure several months sooner because of it?  Now family-members are judging me for causing my mother financial hardship because they don't think my closest companion is worth anything.  I just want to scream and cry and howl and bash my head against the wall over and over again...all at the same time.

I will admit that, as most of you have already probably figured out, posting a warning about slow or strange posts was a bit of a pretext, I actually posted more as a cry for help because I didn't and still don't know how to deal with how I'm feeling.  And it's not just this horrible event that's causing this depression...it's also the repurcussions, such as how am I going to come up with another $1500 - $2000 when I barely have enough money to cover my rent and utilities?  How am I going to pay my credit cards?  How am I going to survive and provide for Aleksey?  How am I ever going to be able to repay my mom and save up for going back to school at the same time?  I've already decided to allow my vehicle insurance to lapse (which is against the law), and I'm going to spend less on food.  And I'm looking for new employment with a vengeance, but it's not a quick process, especially with today's economy.  Not only that but my mom is going through a difficult separation/divorce, and her factory moved to Mexico so she doesn't have a career anymore.  Aleksey was the being that allowed me to cope with everything else, and now I don't have him and he almost died.  Yes I'm still in shock, yes I love my dog more than any person aside from my mother, and yes I am physically ill because of this whole thing.  I feel like a part of me has been ripped away and it hurts even if he's most likely going to be okay.  I was asking for help under the guise of a different reason because I was afraid of being judged, afraid that people wouldn't understand how I can love an animal as much or more than a person.  I have always had a strong connection with animals...you see they don't judge me, they provide love whereas the only humans to provide that are my parents (my mother especially).  I love Aleksey dearly, and if you want to call it obsession, then you may do so, but it won't change how I feel about him, or how I feel about witnessing what I saw yesterday morning.

I'm sorry for the rant...this probably isn't the correct place for such things, after all it has nothing to do with the subject matter.  As mentioned above, disregard this if you wish.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:46:17 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2391 on: May 30, 2011, 09:34:06 PM »
Luke, I've met you in person and I've known you since we were both pre-teens.  I think I can speak for almost everyone here when I say that we won't judge you, and we really care about you.  I really care about you, and I know how you feel about Aleksey and how it feels to have that kind of panic.  Others of us have been through the same kind of thing, and just know that you're very strong to go through all of this regardless of how bad it makes you feel.  It will only make you stronger.

*hugs*  We're here for ya, dude.

And p.s.--I know I don't exactly float your boat in that way, but I think you're a good-looking guy!  And you're funny, kind, and all around awesome.  So there.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 09:36:03 PM by Myitt »

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2392 on: May 30, 2011, 09:36:40 PM »
Luke...trust me, man, it'll be okay. We're here for you, and we love you. Aleksey will be alright and if anything, god forbid, were to ever happen we would be there to support you then too.

I know it seems overwhelming right now, with the medical bills and things still being precarious and whatnot, but just take it one step at a time. As a side note on the money bit: did you apply for CareCredit? http://www.carecredit.com/vetmed/ That's what I had to do when Kaycie got sick. There was no way I could afford the surgery on my own, and the only other option was to put her down - which was simply not going to happen.

Seriously, if you need any help with anything, let me know. You know how to get ahold of me. :)

*hugs*

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2393 on: May 30, 2011, 09:41:08 PM »
Hang in there as best you can, man. Maybe something that could help is staying at your parent's place for a while? That would save on the power and water bills.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2394 on: May 30, 2011, 10:42:43 PM »
II totally understand. I'm sad when one of my dragons on DC dies, nevermind if one of my pets died! None of them have yet, thank goodness, but I know they will some day. I'm sure hell be fine.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #2395 on: May 30, 2011, 10:52:35 PM »
We love you, Luke. No judging here. For what it's worth, you and sweet Aleksey are on my prayer list.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2396 on: May 30, 2011, 10:57:34 PM »
We love you, Luke. No judging here. For what it's worth, you and sweet Aleksey are on my prayer list.

^She just said what I was fruit to convey and failed to. Just read her post, I think it works for us all. :)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2397 on: May 30, 2011, 11:03:44 PM »
You were fruit? o.O

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2398 on: May 30, 2011, 11:15:49 PM »
*sigh*

Here lies Caleb's iPod...

How they heck do you get "fruit" from "trying!?"
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:17:30 PM by Cream-Rukh(Caleb) »

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2399 on: May 31, 2011, 06:45:52 AM »
*Laughs* Okay Caleb, that's...really sad. ;) You should get that Ipod fixed pronto. And in terms of Luke...

...I can say straight up that you're probably one of the nicest people I've ever known. And that I know this: a companion is a companion is a companion. In this strange lonely world, there is always at least one person out there that we know we can rely on above all else. That if everything were ending we'd find trying to get us out of a crack in the ground before saving themselves. *Grins* It's sort of hilarious, but...even while I was dead asleep once I couldn't picture my father hurting me. Or hell, even being indifferent to me. If that person for you happens to be a dog, then so what? You've felt something with your friend that is hard to quantify.

I might be even "stupider". Like the fact that the real, personal reason I've gone through the trouble of going to college and fighting my way through the LSAT is to try and meet a person that might not exist. But just because a feeling confuses other people you talk to about it doesn't mean it isn't real to you. And that that dog doesn't love you too. Faces need to be licked. ^^ I hope you fight for what you love. :)