Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 226747 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2370 on: May 29, 2011, 04:22:29 PM »
I know that I don't exactly post alot anyway, but my posts are gonna be even more rare for at least the next couple days (unless I need to distract myself in which case my posts will be more often).  But then it will be even more rare after the next three days.

My husky is in the hospital, he had a condition called Gastric Dilatation and Volvulus which is a fancy way of saying his stomach twisted over on itself.  He had emergency surgery this morning and is doing well with a good prognosis, but I'm still dealing with some shockiness...I've emptied my own stomach several times already and have fever chills with no fever.  I had to pay a deposit of $1500.00 and have to come up with another $1500.00-$2000.00.  So I'm going to be very busy filling out as many job applications as I can as quickly as I can.

I can't tell you guys how much Aleksey means to me, and if you're not an animal-lover you won't understand and probably think I'm crazy for dropping $3000.00 for emergency surgery...but he's my life...if I lose him......I'm not even going to think about it.

So I was just putting up a warning to you guys in case my posts are more sporadic or more odd than usual.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2371 on: May 29, 2011, 04:29:26 PM »
:-\

I've got my fingers crossed for ya, Luke. Make sure to get some sleep dude, you need it.

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #2372 on: May 29, 2011, 04:30:21 PM »
Oh Luke, I'm so sorry! That's so awful! I hope your husky is able to make a full recovery and that the money situation works out.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2373 on: May 29, 2011, 04:45:30 PM »
Me too. I hope you get the money and he makes a good recovery. I also hope you get better too. Try not to stress any more than possible.

since your character is in sickbay resting, it wouldn'tbe too bad for your posts to be less fequent. You're not holding anyone up.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2374 on: May 29, 2011, 05:15:57 PM »
Luke:

:hug:

I'll be thinking about your pup. I sincerely hope that whole situation works out.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2375 on: May 29, 2011, 05:54:25 PM »
Oh, Luke....I'm so glad that Aleksey has a good prognosis. I totally know where you're at, dude. My husband and I had to come up with 2k last August for emergency surgery for our dog (she had bladder stones) and it was the most emotionally draining thing that has happened to me in a long time (the previous most emotionally draining event being when I adopted a dog that unknowingly had distemper and had to put it down within two weeks of having her).

I'm sure Aleksey will pull through wonderfully. In the meantime, we're thinking about you, buddy. :)

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #2376 on: May 29, 2011, 10:40:54 PM »
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Aleksey being in the hospital, dude, I'm glad the prognosis is good and I'm sure he'll pull through just fine. *hugs*  Call me if you ever want to talk...

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #2377 on: May 30, 2011, 10:50:23 AM »
Thank you all so much for the concern.  Aleksey has improved overnight.  They had some concerns as he had a bit of a low heart-rate and blood pressure after surgery and wasn't active at all, but his heart-rate of BP have now stabilized within norms and he's up and bright and alert.  They've even had him walking outside without any assistance walking, so he's improved a lot.  The only thing is he has a bit of anemia, they're considering giving him another bag of plasma to counter-act that, but I'm sure you all know that with animals as with humans, the first night after surgery is critical, if they improve over the first night, their prognosis goes up quite a bit.

So things are looking up.  I still have to figure out how I'm going to come up with the money, but I'll come up with as much as I have to, I would literally bankrupt myself for Aleksey, so it'll happen somehow.  I miss him terribly, but I get to visit him today in about 2.5 hours so I'm looking forward to that.  I've never been away from him for more than a day so it's been really difficult.  Every time I get up from the couch I think about giving Aleksey a pat on the head or a scratch on the neck only to realize that he's not here, and every time I got out of bed last night I worried about disturbing Aleksey only to remember that my bedroom was empty.  I've been crying even though I've had almost all good news just becuase I miss him.  It really made me realize how much I need him.  I guess never having a significant other, I wouldn't know, but I imagine this might be what it's like to lose a lover or someone really close, even if only for a short while.

But thank you all for the concern, your thoughts and well-wishes all make it a little easier to deal with his absence...and Tara, if I need to talk, I'll call for sure.  I'm doing okay for now, but if I start going down hill, I'll give you a ring.  Thank you again everyone.

~Luke
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #2378 on: May 30, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »
Hang in there, dude...it's tough when someone you love, whether it's a human or non-human family member, is going through this kind of thing.  We went through it several times in my family with Toby.  Aleksey will be back soon and you can put this rough time behind you, in the meantime call anytime if you want/need to. *hugs*

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2379 on: May 30, 2011, 11:03:23 AM »
Crying just because a loved one gets sick even though the doctor says they should make a full recovery might be a little obsessive. Now granted I cried when my dog died. Crying for an animal isn't something I'd bash anyone about. But try to ease up a little bit. I don't think that's too healthy.

It's getting a little irritating when Corliss keeps brushing past Jagill even when he's supposed to be keeping corliss reasonably contained.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #2380 on: May 30, 2011, 11:06:19 AM »
Chad...everybody deals with these kinds of issues in different ways.  Please be a little more respectful of that fact, instead of judging people when their chips are already down.  

You can't just keep my character in the room, Chad, especially when Temrash is not answering.  That's borderline powergaming.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2381 on: May 30, 2011, 11:09:16 AM »
Ok. I think you must have missed a post of mine if you were waiting on a post from me. I believe I posted last before you made your post where Corliss asked if Temrash still heard him.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 11:13:00 AM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #2382 on: May 30, 2011, 11:29:02 AM »
Yeah, sorry, I didn't see that you had edited one of your posts within an hour of posting the original.  I'll edit to just have Corliss respond to it, but still walk out.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2383 on: May 30, 2011, 11:30:06 AM »
Crying just because a loved one gets sick even though the doctor says they should make a full recovery might be a little obsessive. Now granted I cried when my dog died. Crying for an animal isn't something I'd bash anyone about. But try to ease up a little bit. I don't think that's too healthy.

Inappropriate and over the line, Chad. You have no room to judge how another person deals with traumatic situations in their life.

Please try and be a little more understanding of your fellow RAFians.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2384 on: May 30, 2011, 11:31:02 AM »
Ok, I see. Yeah, sometimes I think of additional things to have my characters say/do, but don't know if someone's already read it. maybe I should start removing posts and submitting longer ones when I can.

Ani-Master 2014!