Author Topic: andalite in tv series sucks!!  (Read 2792 times)

Offline horseylover46

andalite in tv series sucks!!
« on: February 24, 2009, 03:10:10 AM »
 >:( it soooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo is not realilistic i mean cooome on!!

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
Re: andalite in tv series sucks!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 06:21:12 AM »
First of all, welcome to the forum.

Second of all, though many might be inclined to agree with you, this topic should be moved to the Animorphs discussion section, as this section here is for the Audiobooks project.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 09:25:01 PM »
yeah this was an odd choice for where to post this but i do agree with you
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 10:40:48 PM »
I think just about everyone here would agree with that statement.

They look like muppets quite frankly. Muppets with sweaters. (arm wrestling!)

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 10:41:44 PM »
i thought they did a horrible job with a lot of things in the show, mainly taxxons (the lack thereof), the hork-bajir, and the andalites.
even the morphing was bad. too fast and smooth.

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 10:47:43 PM »
No kidding about the morphing. They were even wearing normal clothing! *shakes head*

Offline CDJV

• Sadist :)
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 10:52:37 PM »
I'd have to let them get away with the clothing, however, sicne ti would cause alot of complications. PLus it was a kids series, so bare skin is a major taboo.

But yeah, they definately should've waited until a time like now so that the SFX could catch up with the ideas.

Offline JFalcon

• I need to get out more . . .
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 11:07:45 PM »
I had mixed feelings because my friends kept complaining about Visser 3 spending too much time in human morph, but I was like "Dude, did you see his Andalite form? Let him stay human!"

I hated the Hork-Bajir a little more though, they were giant rubber chickens and they sort of merged them with the Taxxons in that they treat them like animals rather than soldiers "release the Hork-Bajir" indeed.  >:(
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"My brain! My brain! Me hurty to think!" ~ Zim, Invader Zim

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 12:25:07 AM »
To be honest, I thought Elfangor in the first episode looked pretty cool when he was walking out of the ship. This was mainly because they kept him in the dark, but I still liked the shots they had of him walking down, showing his hooves, etc. The eye stalks barely moved, but he still looked good when he was talking to the Animorphs on the ground.

They should have done the same thing with Visser 3, because his costume looked really fake when they showed him in full light. Ax was decent in andalite form though (all 3 times, lol :P).

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 12:36:48 AM »
They look like muppets quite frankly. Muppets with sweaters. (arm wrestling!)
you're right like the scene where Ax was fighting Visser three i kept thinking they fight with their tails not their arms
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 02:19:44 AM »
I dunno, the way they handled the Chee was worst, imho. They made Erek really... not smart. And the one time we see a shot of the android form, it looks seriously evil.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline JFalcon

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 09:11:04 AM »
I though it (the android) looked pretty cool, but yeah I agree Erek wasn't exactly . . . Erek. Then again, the same could be said for most of the cast.
"I would be a ghost of this dynasty before I'd be a general of rebels and traitors!" ~ Pang De, Romance of the Three Kingdoms

"Fight it off? You must have me confused with someone who's brave." ~ Church, Red vs Blue

Offline musicman88

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 09:24:36 AM »

*keeps mouth shut about Andalites not being real*
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline JFalcon

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 09:32:45 AM »

*keeps mouth shut about Andalites not being real*

Oh they're real, but after seeing what we think they look like they're too offended to show up.

Mira

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 10:47:30 AM »
I'd have to let them get away with the clothing, however, sicne ti would cause alot of complications. PLus it was a kids series, so bare skin is a major taboo.

But yeah, they definately should've waited until a time like now so that the SFX could catch up with the ideas.

I do not. Have you seen the Japanese kids series? They show bare skin, they bleed, they die, they can be homosexual... and still there's no one complaining

Offline JFalcon

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 11:05:10 AM »
If you mean Anime not all of them are really for kids also the ones that are get heavily edited when they hit North America . . . but yeah I see your point, I think in the end it's sort of a cultural thing.

If Animorphs had been an Anime though they'd be acquiring morphs by fighting them, then throwing things at them, or by charging themselves up with cards, collecting certain cards, etc.

In addition to that Jake would have a giant sword, Marco would only morph gorilla when there was a full moon, Rachel and Cassie would have to hope Visser Three never morphed something with tentacles, and Tobias would be able to defeat entire armies of Hork-Bajir with a sonic boom just by flying by.

Just sayin' . . .

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 03:23:13 PM »
For better or worse, I never saw the Chee. I don't think I want to. I wouldn't be surprised if Erik didn't act like he did in the books. Did any of the main cast act like they did in the books? At least for the most part?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 05:27:24 PM »

I do not. Have you seen the Japanese kids series? They show bare skin, they bleed, they die, they can be homosexual... and still there's no one complaining

there's a japanese kids series on animorphs?
or did i misread that?

Offline CDJV

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 06:58:33 PM »
yeah. I tihnk he's talking about Anime in general. Although an animorphs anime would be awesomeness in a bottle.

Besides, Japanese animators lack...waht were they called? Oh yeah. Morals. In the North America, showing a young girl ina leotard would get roughly 500 and a half people sued. Plus it's a live action, which is probably the key difference.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 08:03:16 PM »
the andalites were too hairy it was weird

Mira

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 09:20:10 PM »
If you mean Anime not all of them are really for kids also the ones that are get heavily edited when they hit North America . . . but yeah I see your point, I think in the end it's sort of a cultural thing.

If Animorphs had been an Anime though they'd be acquiring morphs by fighting them, then throwing things at them, or by charging themselves up with cards, collecting certain cards, etc.

In addition to that Jake would have a giant sword, Marco would only morph gorilla when there was a full moon, Rachel and Cassie would have to hope Visser Three never morphed something with tentacles, and Tobias would be able to defeat entire armies of Hork-Bajir with a sonic boom just by flying by.

Just sayin' . . .

It's not only anime, it's the same with movies with real actors. And then it's not all anime heros who are playing with cards. I think
I haven't seen any Naruto card yet for example. (I hope I didn't give someone ideas now)

Offline CDJV

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 09:40:24 PM »
I meant the key difference between American Animorphs and Hypothetical japanese Animorphs is that the show here was live, and the show there would be an anime.

Offline JFalcon

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 10:23:41 AM »

Just sayin' . . .

It's not only anime, it's the same with movies with real actors. And then it's not all anime heros who are playing with cards. I think
I haven't seen any Naruto card yet for example. (I hope I didn't give someone ideas now)

If you want to get into movies then the US also has a lot of skin, blood and violence, The Chronicles of Narnia was a movie pretty much aimed at kids that had some (epic!!) graphic battle scenes, violence is very much a part of the American television experience, I have to yield that point, but not in a live action kids TV series made by the second worst kids network. I mean they didn't so much fight the Yeerks as play practical jokes on them, so even if they had gotten the "ok" to show blood and gore they were too busy TP'ing Visser Three's mansion (complete with Hork-Bajir guards like no one will notice) to bother.

As for Naruto not using cards, that's ture, and might I add thank [goodness]! but I also mentioned giant swords, and to that I have just three things to say: "Zabuza, Kisame, Suigetsu." Perhaps my statement came off as more derrogative towards anime than I meant it to, but the overall point is that what is okay in Japan wouldn't have been okay in the US which is why the kids were allowed to morph in full clothing, to do otherwise would have been seen as inappropriate even if it wasn't intended that way.  :(

Mira

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 07:13:03 PM »
Ok, I haven't seen Narnia yet  :( But isn't that British At least the story takes part in England and have a British author...

Is it Disney who made this films? Because that would maybe explane why I still haven't got time to see it.

Offline JFalcon

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2009, 09:23:57 AM »
It was Disney (I'm 90% sure) that put out the movie and though the story is indeed Britsh (95% sure) if it came out in Britain first it at least came out unabridged in America, which is more than I can say for Red Cliff . . . which makes me sad.

But that said we're getting off topic. To redeem the subject mater of this post I believe that if Disney had had control of the Animorphs TV series instead of Nick it might actually have been animated, which would have been nice. They did a great job with Gargoyles (decent animation, level of violence not going over the top, good plot, etc.) and could have handled Animorphs in a similar manner.

I believe their Andalites would have looked like Andalites, not like super furry angry eyed boogey men with tails that utterly fail to look threatening.

Offline Gaz

• God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 03:31:27 PM »
Dude! If Disney had done Animorphs back in the day of Gargoyles...that would have been cool! Everything would have looked the way it was supposed to.

And the Andalites wouldn't look like they had fuzzy arm warmers on. Oh...and Taxxons.

Offline Uza-chan

• Kiley can spot a liar from a mile away >:O
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2009, 12:15:19 AM »
lol, sweetie, there's a lot of things wrong with animorphs the show, and not just the andalites.

In all honesty, I think Nickelodeon could do a better job with Animorphs now than it did before, just because of what they did with Avatar: The Last Airbender. Granted, there's no blood in that, but they wouldn't have cared about showing skin. I think Disney now is, well, a lot more childish than before D: And I'm not just saying that because I grew up lol. If you just looked at the shows they play now, you'd know @___@ They haven't gotten out another show like Gargoyles in forever~

I don't see what the big thing is with leotards though, I mean, aren't they pretty much the same as bathing suits? And no one has a problem with showing kids in bathing suits.

Offline JFalcon

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2009, 04:44:44 AM »
lol, sweetie, there's a lot of things wrong with animorphs the show, and not just the andalites.

In all honesty, I think Nickelodeon could do a better job with Animorphs now than it did before, just because of what they did with Avatar: The Last Airbender. Granted, there's no blood in that, but they wouldn't have cared about showing skin. I think Disney now is, well, a lot more childish than before D: And I'm not just saying that because I grew up lol. If you just looked at the shows they play now, you'd know @___@ They haven't gotten out another show like Gargoyles in forever~

I don't see what the big thing is with leotards though, I mean, aren't they pretty much the same as bathing suits? And no one has a problem with showing kids in bathing suits.

What they did with Avatar? You mean postpone episodes, sideline production, then finally cancel the series and show the final episodes only because they were already made all so that they can show 2-4 hour blocks of Sprongebob and Fairly Odd Parents? No, no, Nick has totally lost my trust, but I agree if they did the show like Avatar (minus the sidelining of it) they could put out something decent, the question is could they really handle it? Wouldn't it get in the way of their precious Sponge poster boy?

When the day comes that Nick goes back to the wide variety of shows they once had, I might be inclined to agree with you however, but for now they're too comfortable with Spongebob, the episodes are relatively cheap to make, and they get ratings. And yeah, Disney probably couldn't do a great job with Animorphs now either, it has indeed been ages since Gargoyles and they never bothered to make a similar show since but I meant back when the books were the hottest thing since Cassie's father's chilly.

Granted at that point Nick might also have done a decent job, they were more for the zany back then. USA used to show some cool cartoons . . . boy did that ever end.

As for leotards vs swim suits, well I hadn't really considered that, but there are few shows that display their live action teenage characters in swim suits as often as Animorphs - TV would have had to have done considering how often they morphed yet how rarely they remained in morph for more than 2 seconds.

Those kids really did prefer to be in their own bodies, didn't they? Maybe it was a message about self esteem.  :P