Author Topic: Why doesn't Cassie have own battle morph?  (Read 5630 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Why doesn't Cassie have own battle morph?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2014, 08:37:08 AM »
Yeah, you're definitely the go-to guy, RYTX.

I guess they didn't bother getting permission because the Humans were infested? Though that's still not a great excuse. Your life is already ****ty, so adding a bit more insult to injury will just be a drop in the bucket.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline WildeMoonChilde

• Gold Donor
  • Stay wild, moon child
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 11:17:55 AM »
You know... I may and may not be the only person to feel this way but I honestly think Cassie is the one character who never should've been an Animorph. She never should've been at the construction site that night. I feel she's too much of a pacifist. Yes, she did fight but I honestly feel she only did it out of a sense of duty. I feel like she never really wanted to be a... warrior so to speak. Now that's not say she didn't want to free and protect her planet, she did. She just didn't want to fight in order for that to happen I think. At least, that's what I get from it.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2014, 12:15:07 PM »
It's pretty obvious that she'd never have volunteered if she had been given a proper chance. I wouldn't see her signing up for the military when she grew up. It is good to have a moral compass, but she really went to far with it. Both extremes are bad, but at least the far aggressive side is the most useful for getting the job done. Not crying about dead termite queens, or wondering if morphing other creatures is the same as what the Yeerks do. Certainly not giving the escafil device to the enemy because there's a chance that a sympathetic character may die, and making excuses about it when something good happens to come out of it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline donut

• Xtreme Member
  • Don't Blink
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2014, 05:02:56 PM »
my lapse aside, in 'animorphs world', is that fact stated somewhere? that's something else that i've missed. i'm kinda extrapolating the theory that DNA is human existence, ergo how could acquiring human (or animal) DNA and then morphing not then also create sentient life that is less than an actual person (animal)?

They morphed Leerans and didn't have any issues with a "conscious" showing up.  I think that's the longest they ever stayed in a sapient morph, but Tobias morphed Andalite, Marco morphed a guy at one point to escape some building.  Ax had a human morph... actually, I stand corrected, Ax morphed human all the time.  :P

I don't think Cassie started out so extremely... weird about fighting.  I mean, she was ok with destroying the Kandrona early on, but wasn't ok with destroying the yeerkpool.  They would do the exact same thing, so it didn't really make any sense.  (makes less sense V3 was ok with letting the pool get destroyed if all his minions would starve to death, but whatever, that book was badly written).

I think she started out being ok with fighting because she knew that someone had to.  I don't think she would volunteer, but she wouldn't back out on her own.  The only reason she freaked in book 19 was because she had a severe stress reaction to Jake almost dying in 16.  KA set that up really well.  Anyway, I think before ghost writers took over she was okish.  She nose dived pretty fast after that.  I think the wolf morph was just because.  She had something that kinda worked and fighting wasn't important to her so she never bothered getting something else afterwards.  I mean, she didn't even have a real battle morph until after they picked up wolves for an unrelated reason.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2015, 04:18:00 PM »
donut link=topic=5461.msg842674#msg842674 date=1402696976]
my lapse aside, in 'animorphs world', is that fact stated somewhere? that's something else that i've missed. i'm kinda extrapolating the theory that DNA is human existence, ergo how could acquiring human (or animal) DNA and then morphing not then also create sentient life that is less than an actual person (animal)?

They morphed Leerans and didn't have any issues with a "conscious" showing up.  I think that's the longest they ever stayed in a sapient morph, but Tobias morphed Andalite, Marco morphed a guy at one point to escape some building.  Ax had a human morph... actually, I stand corrected, Ax morphed human all the time.  :P

Ax mixed up DNA from 4 humans for his morph.

Book 18: The Leerans gave the 4 surviving Animorphs permission to morph them.  I have wondered why the Animorphs never morphed Leerans again for the purposes of detecting Controllers and also vetting potential new Animorphs.

Book 39: The Hidden: [spoiler]Cassie acquires a Cape Buffalo, which was excellent in battle.  Why didn't she adopt that as her unique battle morph?[/spoiler]