Author Topic: Daniel Nabet, the child and the soldier  (Read 4610 times)

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
Daniel Nabet, the child and the soldier
« on: June 09, 2008, 06:27:26 PM »
alright, im bringing this over, but I probably wont have a chance to continue it after i leave for the summer

so, estelore did this before, and I decided to steal the idea and write a fanfic about my character in the RP Operation MAAS. My opening and thank yous wont be as long as Estelore's were, but here it goes. I'd like to thank Duffman, Estelore, Becht, Xan, Jayne and Demos for participating in the RP and getting me into RAF. This RP will be explaining the events that occurred before Operation MAAS for Daniel Nabet, those of you not familiar with the RP, you may be a tad confused, or better yet, you could read the RP (on the old RAF, heres the link if your interested http://richardsani.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=animorphsroleplaying&num=1202781734&action=display&start=15). But the fanfic really doesn't mention Operation MAAS except for the prologue and when i get to it, the epilogue. Just to explain a few things before I start, Operation MAAS takes place several years (about 18) after the Yeerk invasion, but my story takes place before and during the Yeerk invasion, with a little bit taking place after. On my final note, I feel like my chapters aren't very long, but it's what I feel is right. Enjoy

Prologue

We were outnumbered, out gunned, and out of time. I knew that this was the moment that I was going to die, and I wanted the world to hear my story. I swung my sword at a nearby Hork-Bajir and decapitated him. <Hunter, I don’t think we’re going to make it, we need to retreat,> I said to the hyena beside me. I turned and dashed towards the door, and the hyena followed me. We entered and I barricaded the door with several desks and demorphed from my Hork-Bajir morph. “Hunter,” I said as she demorphed from the hyena, “I need to let the world what happened with my life, go find Higgins and tell him that we need to abort this mission.” She nodded and ran out the door we hadn’t barricaded and I quickly covered it up with the rest of the lone desks. I rushed over to the nearest computer terminal, knowing that I didn’t have much time before the controllers managed to break down the barricade, and began to type.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 05:33:01 PM by Shanker »
RAFDating Marie. Jealous?

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
Re: Daniel Nabet, the child and the soldier
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 06:28:10 PM »
Chapter 1

I was four years old when it all started, years before any member of my team was even born. My family had just moved to a new home in California and I didn’t know anybody. I sat outside in my sandbox while my parents were welcomed to the neighbourhood by a couple of the neighbours. I looked over and saw my mother laughing with a neighbour and my father talking about barbeques with her husband.
“Hi, my name is Tyler,” a boy my age said, walking into my sandbox. “Will you be my friend?”
“Alright, do you wanna play with me?” I said back to him. He sat down in the sand with me and we were instantly friends, it’s amazing how easily you can make friends when you’re four.
“That’s my mommy and daddy,” Tyler said pointing over at the neighbours talking to my parents, “we moved here when I was just a baby, but I don’t have very many friends.”
“That’s my mommy and daddy over there,” I responded pointing at my parents, “we just moved here, and I don’t know anybody. I wanna go back home so I can see my friends again.” I looked back down and continued playing in the sand.
“Daniel, come back inside, we’re going to go and unpack your things for your room,” my mother called for me from the doorway. I looked over and Tyler’s parents were coming over to take him home too.
“Good bye Tyler,” I said to him as he walked away
“Good bye Daniel,” he replied. I got up and ran towards the house.
Every day that week Tyler and I played together and our parents became close friends.

Several weeks later I wandered past my living room when my parents thought I was asleep and I heard them talking with Tyler’s parents.
“I don’t know Audrey, I really think that our boys are too young. When are they ever going to need that kind of self defence?” I heard my mother ask.
“Sandy, I really don’t think that they are too young. I learned when I was their age, and I’m going to teach Tyler anyway, I just thought it would be a good idea to teach Daniel as well,” Tyler’s dad said.
“Well honey, I think maybe it would be a good idea for Daniel to learn to defend himself. I know that it wasn’t necessary in Kingsbridge, but here in California I think it may be a good idea,” my father said.
“Well, if you think that it’s a good idea Frank, then I’m alright with it. I just think he’s a little bit young. How much will you charge us?”
“Are you kidding Sandy? We won’t charge you. We’ll start teaching them tomorrow, see you then.” I heard them get up and I ran towards my room and pretended to sleep in case my parents decided to come and check up on me.

The next morning my mother came over to wake me up, “Hi Daniel, today we’re going to do something a little bit different. Tyler’s parents are going to teach you how to fight with a sword.” I couldn’t say that I wasn’t surprised to hear this. I think that every four year old boy’s dream is to learn to sword fight. I jumped out of bed and headed outside where my father, Tyler, and his father were standing in front of two long pieces of metal.
“Hello Daniel, as your mother told you, I will be teaching you and Tyler how to swordfight. These are called epées, we will use them at first so that you don’t hurt yourself,” Tyler’s father said to us. Tyler and I each picked up an epée and Tyler’s father began teaching us the basics of sword fighting. And so it was that every day for the next six years, Tyler and I were taught to use a sword.

Basically I put everyone who looks like a good guy in Gryffindor and everyone who looks like a bad guy in Slytherin. The rest can go wherever the hell they want, I don't care.

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 06:28:37 PM »
Chapter 2

When I was 10 years old, Tyler and I had been taking lessons with Tyler’s father for six years and we were approaching out final lesson. We had long since passed using epées and had moved on to actual long swords. Tyler and I were walking back home from school one Friday afternoon and chattering excitedly about our final lesson.
“What do you think dad’s going to teach us?” Tyler asked me
“I dunno, but I have the feeling that it’s going to be some awesome new tactic. I’m really excited. I can’t wait for this lesson, its going to kick butt,” I said, then high-fived Tyler.
When we arrived at home Tyler’s father was waiting for us in his usual spot, but there were no swords in front of him. Tyler and I sat down cross legged on the grass in front of him as usual and waited for his instructions.
“Alright guys, you’ve come a long way in the six years that I’ve taught you. It took my father 10 before I was ready, and it’s only taken you six. I’m very proud of you. However, you guys still aren’t finished. You have one final test. You two are going to fight each other.” He reached into his bag and pulled out two pieces of wood shaped exactly like our individual long swords. “These are weighted exactly the same as your swords, and are rounded so that you wont hurt yourselves. You have until tomorrow at noon, to prepare. Good luck.” He handed each of us a wooden sword and walked back towards his house.
“Well, see you later Daniel,” Tyler said, walking behind his father.
I walked back towards my house with the sword and my head down. I expected another lesson, not to have to fight Tyler. I was bigger than him, and had more force in my swings, but Tyler was quicker and a harder target to hit. I walked into my room and my mother was standing in the kitchen.
“Daniel, the Berensons are coming over for dinner, go clean up your room,” my mother said to me. Great, as if I didn’t have enough to worry about. Steve and Jean Berenson were friends of my parents. They met at a PTA meeting a couple of years before because their older son Tom was in my class. I didn’t like Tom very much because he was a jock and picked on me in class. Their younger son Jake was only seven and he was way too whiney for me and he drove me insane. I sighed and walked over to clean my room.

The night passed by and wasn’t as bad as I had expected it to be. Tom behaved himself, but Jake was still pretty whiney. After they left I practiced with my sword in my back yard with a scarecrow. The sword was rounded enough that it wouldn’t be able to cut the scarecrow, but after several hours I managed to cut off one of his arms. Exhausted I headed back to my room and went to sleep. At nine o’clock the next day I woke up and had a decent breakfast. My mother made me bacon, eggs and toast. After eating I picked up my sword and practiced on the scarecrow until 11:45 when I went over to the front and sat on the grass, waiting for Tyler and his father. Ten minutes later they walked out of their house and headed over to me. Tyler sat next to me and smiled while his father stood in front of us. My parents and Tyler’s mother made their way over to the
“Daniel, Tyler,” Tyler’s father began, “for six years I have trained you in the art of swordplay, you are almost done, but have one final test. Stand up.” We both stood up and grabbed our swords. “On my mark, you two will begin. The first person to be hit by the sword loses. Good luck to both of you. Begin!”
Tyler immediately swung his sword at my chest, but I blocked it. I swung, he blocked. Swing, block. Slice, parry. Stab, dodge. We circled each other in constant motion, trying to hit the other one before the other one hit us. He swung at my feet and I jumped onto his sword. I stumbled but eventually caught my balance and he tried to pull his sword out from under me. I quickly made a slash at him from above. He let go of the sword and rolled away from my attack just in the nick of time. I jumped and slashed at him again but he easily evaded it and picked up his sword. I turned and he quickly made a stab at my chest. I dropped back onto my hands and kicked his legs out from under him. He fell to the ground and I quickly jumped back up to my feet. I made a downward slice at his chest and he parried it. I brought my sword back up and brought it down again. He moved to parry it, but at the last second I brought the sword around and lightly tapped him on his side.
SCREEET!!! Tyler’s father blew his whistle.
“Congratulations Daniel, you beat Tyler. Tyler, you fought well as well. You have both thoroughly impressed me, and I am proud to have taught you,” Tyler’s father said, “I want to give these to you,” he pulled our actual long swords out of his bag, “remember to only use them for self defence.” He then turned around and walked back towards his house. I offered Tyler my hand, he took it and I helped him up.
“Good job Daniel,” he said to me.
“You put up quite a fight,” I said to him.
Tyler grabbed me and pulled me in an embrace. I couldn’t have felt happier than I did at that moment.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 09:48:15 PM by Shanker »

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 08:59:54 PM »
Chapter 3

I was 16 years old. A few of my friends from school were hanging out with me and Tyler in Tyler’s basement. Kyle, Michael, Sarah, July, Tyler and me, just chilling in Tyler’s basement doing stupid teenager stuff, smoking pot, drinking Tyler’s dad’s beer, and watching old movies. A knock came from the door at the top of the stairs and Tyler dashed over to the window, opening it to let the smoke out. The rest of us hid the beers and I walked up to the top of the stairs. I opened the door and Tom Berenson walked in. “Hey guys, how’s it hangin’?” he asked as soon as he stepped through the threshold of the door. I walked back to the couches and Tom followed me down the stairs. I still didn’t really like him, pent up frustration from the years of torment, but he was friends with Tyler, so I learned to deal with him. Tom took a seat on the couch right where I had been sitting just moments before. I sighed and moved over to take a seat next to July.
“Hey Tom,” Michael said, “How did it go with Jen at that group?”
“What, you mean the Sharing?” Tom replied, grabbing a beer, “It was awesome, Jen was there and we talked for hours. There were lots of really cool people there, doing really cool things. We played pool, cards, hung out and lots of other really cool stuff.”
It was a normal Saturday with all of my normal friends. If you had told me that this specific Saturday was the catalyst for my future, I wouldn’t have believed you. We hung out for a few more hours doing basically nothing then the group started to dwindle until it was just me, Tom, and Tyler left in the basement.
“Well, I’m off to another meeting of the Sharing,” Tom said to us, “I’m gonna have a great time, you guys should think of joining.”
We shook our heads, and Tom exited the basement and left Tyler and I alone. We decided to head over to the mall to see a movie. Our parents never let us leave home without our swords (except for school), afraid that we’d get into some trouble, so we threw our scabbards over our backs and headed out. We got there a little bit late and saw Tom’s little brother Jake with a few of his friends. We avoided them as they left the mall, talking about the old abandoned construction site and we headed to the theatre. When we got there Tyler’s cell phone rang.
“Hello? Dad, what’s wrong? What? I’m on my way,” Tyler hung up his phone and turned to me, “Mom’s in the hospital, I need to go now.”
The two of us rushed as fast as we could to the hospital to see if Audrey was okay. We arrived in about fifteen minutes and rushed up to Audrey’s room. I waited outside for what seemed like hours while Tyler was in the room with his mother. After a very long time, he immerged with tear stains on his face.
“Mom was hit by a car,” he said sullenly, “they don’t think she’s going to make it.”
“I’m so sorry Tyler,” I really didn’t know what to say to him, “are you alright?”
“AM I ALRIGHT?!” he shouted, “MY MOTHER IS ABOUT TO DIE! DO YOU THINK THAT I’M ALRIGHT?!” He then stormed out of the hospital and I rushed after him.
“Tyler, wait up!” I shouted after him. As if on cue, it started to rain and I chased him through the streets. “Tyler! Stop!” He turned into an alleyway and I followed him. “Tyler, come on buddy, I just want to help you.”
“Help me?” he asked me, “What the **** can you do to help me? My mother is dying!” Tyler then drew his sword from his scabbard and pointed it at me. “Back off Daniel, I don’t want to hurt you!”
I drew my sword right back and pointed it at him. “Tyler, I don’t want to fight you!”
Tyler swung his sword at my arm and I immediately blocked it. “Are you crazy?!” I shouted, “You know these things aren’t toys. You could have killed me.”
“Back off Daniel, go away, now.”
“No, I’m not leaving without you.”
Swing, block. Stab, parry.
“TYLER! ARE YOU INSANE?! STOP IT NOW!”
“Daniel, go away now!”
“Fine Tyler. Stay all alone now, in pain. Don’t let me help you. I’m just going to leave.” I sheathed my sword and headed back home.

Three days went by while Audrey was in the hospital before she passed away. It really hit Tyler hard. For a few days he didn’t leave the house and wouldn’t talk to anybody, but after about a week Tyler came back to school.
“And the boy returns,” I heard a boy say when he walked into our first period history class. The class immediately filled with cheering and applause. Tyler gave a weak smile and sat down next to me.
“Are you alright man?” I asked him, he nodded curtly and opened up his notebook.
After school Kyle, Tom, July and I approached him to see how he was doing. He didn’t speak much but I think we helped cheer him up a little bit.
“Listen, Tyler, I really think that you should give the Sharing a try, it helps get a lot of people through some tough times,” Tom said to him, plugging the Sharing again, as usual. The guy was so insensitive sometimes.
“Yeah thanks, I think I will check it out,” he replied taking a flyer from Tom. Tyler then turned around and walked home.
That night Tyler went to his first meeting of the Sharing. He came back much happier then he had been before, and said that he was already a full member. I didn’t know what that meant at the time, and I wouldn’t know for another couple of years. But when I found out, it changed my life forever.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 01:08:38 PM by Shanker »

Offline ANna

• I see you.
  • God
  • guess who's back ?
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 09:08:58 PM »
woot! another awesome chapter. Gave Daniel (and Tyler) quite a bit more depth. Also it was pretty awesome how you had Tom in there.
I can still remember the words and what they meant.
As we etched them with our fingers, In years of wet cement.
--
And I feel tonight that I let you die, but you could've lived forever it's the smiles that keep you alive.

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 11:27:38 PM »
(i kinda broke up my chapter 4 into two parts, because i wanted to post this, im exhausted and didn't want to write more. so chapter 5 will be a continuation of this)

Chapter 4

I was 18 years old. Tyler hadn’t been around much lately because of the Sharing. They were always doing something weird, like helping a beached whale or cleaning up garbage at the beach. Not my kind of thing. But Tyler was really into it. He kept trying to get me to join and I kept turning him down. It was a regular Friday evening, and as usual, Tyler was a meeting for the Sharing. He told me he’d meet me at the mall afterwards so I was hanging out outside of the food court by myself, munching on some French fries. I noticed Tyler walking towards me over by the GAP. I couldn’t help but think that it was odd that he came from the GAP when it would have been closer for him to come the other way, but I didn’t give it a second thought. I waved at him for a few moments and waited for him to notice me. He saw me, nodded and headed over towards me.
“Hey Dan,” he said and gave me a high five.
“Sup Ty? How was the meeting?” I asked. He looked really stressed.
“Uhh, well it was alright, but we got interrupted by some big ape,” he said and chuckled, “you really should join you know. I need to recruit some more members. Something big is going to happen soon and we need all the help we can get. I would really appreciate it if you came to at least one meeting tomorrow”
As usual Tyler was trying to get me to join the Sharing, and as usual, I wouldn’t budge. “Tyler,” I said, “I really don’t want to keep telling you, I do not want to join the Sharing. There is no way that you can make me join and waste my time. Its really not my-”
“I’ll give you 50 bucks,” he interrupted.
“What time do you want me there,” I answered almost immediately.
We both had a good laugh and he handed me a 50.
The next day Tyler and I headed off to a Sharing meeting. We entered the door to the Sharing building and the first thing that I noticed was that it seemed like a community centre. There were pool tables, air hockey tables, pinball machines, and lots of other fun things. I looked around and saw a few familiar faces. Tom, July, and Kyle were playing a game of pool in the back and as soon as Tyler and I walked in they stopped their game and walked over to us.
“Tyler, you got Nabet to join? I’m surprised we’ve been trying for years and he hasn’t budged,” Tom said.
“Yeah, I had to bribe him,” Tyler replied, resulting in everyone bursting into laughter.
“We have a meeting with Mr. Visser now,” Kyle said to Tyler.
“Alright, lets go,” Tyler answered, “Dan, will you be alright here?” I nodded and he headed off toward a room by one of the pinball machines. Once they stepped through and closed the door, I wandered around for a bit, looking for familiar faces. After a few moments I noticed that Tyler left his scabbard on the floor by the door. That really didn’t seem like something Tyler would do. I decided I would bring it to him. I picked it up and headed toward the door. I knew I probably didn’t belong in the meeting so I made sure that nobody was looking and I opened the door very slowly. I looked inside and hoped that Tyler would see me. When my eyes adjusted to the dim light of the room I saw some very strange things. Tyler was standing at one side of the room, facing me. With their backs to me, were Tom, July, Kyle, a few people I had seen around school and some that I had never met, they looked like they were evaluating him. I looked around a little bit more and had to cover my mouth to stop myself from screaming. In the dark I hadn’t noticed that there were two very large things standing around Tyler, as if keeping guard of him. They were easily 7 feet tall, and were covered in blades. Those things looked mean and like they could do some serious hurt.
<Uklin 168, I am very displeased. Not only did you not manage to find me the Andalite bandits, but you actually allowed them to get in the way of our plans yesterday,> okay, that was weird. I heard a voice, but it was in my head.
“Visser, I am very sorry, they took me by surprise,” Tyler said, nervously.
<I do not want to hear your excuses Uklin.> I saw something walk into my field of vision, between me and Tyler. It was almost like centaur, only it was blue, and had horns, and a really long tail with a very sharp end to it.
<And you think that bringing one potential host will be enough for me to forgive you?>
“No Visser, I’m very-” Tyler stopped speaking. I tried to see why and noticed that the centaur’s tail was wedged into Tyler’s stomach. He pulled it out and walked away.
<Iptu, take this one away.>
“Yes sir,” Kyle said. Tyler coughed up blood and fell to his knees. I didn’t wait, I turned and ran out of the building.
“Hey, you! Stop!” somebody shouted and chased after me. He was holding a weird looking gun and chased me into a nearby alley. He pointed the gun at me and pulled the trigger. A red hot flash went soaring over my head. It missed me by about a foot and I felt the heat from it. the wall behind me had a neat hole in it. I quickly drew my sword and decapitated the man. Self defence. I then ran as far as I could, fell to the floor and began to cry.
“Excuse my young man,” somebody said to me. I looked up and saw that it was an army sergeant, “My name is Carl Stern, and I think that what you need right now, is a helping hand, and we offer that here at the military.” He pointed behind him at the base and grabbed my hand. He helped me up, and led me toward the base. “If you sign here, you will officially be a part, of the united states armed forces.” I looked down at the form he had lain down in front of me. I picked up a pen, and in neat handwriting, wrote down Daniel Nabet.

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 07:27:37 AM »
Wow, this is awesome, you're a great writer :)
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline ANna

• I see you.
  • God
  • guess who's back ?
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 10:22:33 AM »
he is, isn't he? That was a pretty sweet chapter, kinda short, but still awesome. :)
--
And I feel tonight that I let you die, but you could've lived forever it's the smiles that keep you alive.

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 03:37:23 PM »
uhh... that was my longest chapter so far.
im continuing the chapter now though but im going to post it as chapter 5 anyway, expect that by the end of the night

Offline ANna

• I see you.
  • God
  • guess who's back ?
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 03:41:02 PM »
was it? it seemed short. meh, I gotta stop reading at night...
--

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 03:44:05 PM »
yea, my chapters are getting progressively longer

Offline Venom

• Xtreme Member
  • We are Venom
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 07:03:04 PM »
(so, this was originally intended to be included in chapter 4, but i got too tired last night to continue and wanted to post what i had. so here is chapter 5, enjoy)

Chapter 5
I went home and told my parents about my decision to join the armed forces. When I told them, they burst into tears. I spent the next week at home with my family before I left for the army. Tyler’s father hadn’t left the house since Tyler’s ‘disappearance’ and I didn’t think I could tell anybody what I saw. Who would believe me? And anyway, the whole thing looked like a giant conspiracy, who knew who was in on it, so I hadn’t told a soul. Once the week was over I was called to the military and left my family. I arrived at the base and was assigned a bunk. I dropped all of my stuff off at the bunk and threw on my military uniform. A whistle blew from outside, and I knew that I needed to get out onto the field to meet my sergeant. I jogged out onto the field, my scabbard bouncing against my back with each step I took, and arrived with the rest of my unit.
“Alright soldiers!” the drill sergeant began, “You are all here for the same reason! To protect our country!” The sergeant was a large muscular man who looked like he could have been a body builder if he wasn’t in the army. He passed back and forth and spoke to each one of us.
“You soldier, what is your name?”
“Sir, Steven Rogers Sir!”
“Sir, Lindsay Wier, Sir!”
“Daniel Nabet”
“Excuse me soldier? When you speak to me, you will address me as Sir, do I make myself clear?”
“Sir, yes Sir!”
“Now soldier, what is that thing on your back?”
“Sir, it is a long sword Sir!”
“A long sword? Well welcome to the 21st century Soldier! We’re not going to be fighting are enemies with swords, and bows and arrows!”
“Sir, I am actually quite skilled with the sword Sir!”
Everyone in the platoon laughed when I said that. “Skilled with a sword Soldier? I bet that I can fire this air rifle,” he picked up a rifle from a stack behind him, “before you even have a chance to swing.” I smiled. It was a challenge. The sergeant turned and continued to walk down the line.
“Is that a challenge Sir?” I asked smugly. The sergeant turned around and faced me.
“A challenge soldier? I’ll give you a challenge. If you can hit me with that itty bitty sword of yours before I hit you with the compressed air rifle, I’ll give you a perfect score on today’s evaluation. But if I hit you before you hit me, not only do you get a big fat ZERO but every member of this platoon needs to 50 push ups right here right now, and is put on washroom detail for the week,” the sergeant yelled. The rest of the unit were shaking their heads, begging me not to do it, but it was too late. I’d been challenged, and I never back down from a challenge.
“Sir, I accept Sir,” I said quietly.
“Then draw your weapon soldier,” he pulled up his rifle and I drew my sword. “Wier!” the sergeant called and Lindsay stood at attention, “count us off if you would be so kind,” he said.
“3, 2, 1, GO!” she shouted and backed away. The sergeant fired his rifle at me, but I had already moved out of the way. I swung my sword at his leg, and right before I cut into it, I stopped and lightly tapped him with the flat end.
“Sir, I guess this means I win Sir,” I said smugly with my blade still pressed against his leg. The sergeant muttered, gave me a perfect evaluation, and then made us all run laps.
Every day for the entire week, the sergeant challenged me to the same battle, and every day I won, so every day I received a perfect score on my evaluation. After the week was over a general I had seen around the base walked up to me. I saluted.
“At ease. Are you Daniel Nabet?” he asked sternly.
“Sir, yes Sir. How may I be of assistance,” I asked. Luckily I had learned to be respectful of people I actually respected.
“We would like to talk to you over in our office,” he pointed over to one of the off limit buildings. “If you could follow me please.” He walked over to the building and I followed behind him. I entered a room with a large wooden table and several generals sitting around it. There were two empty seats. “Have a seat soldier,” the general said and motioned towards one of the empty chairs. I was nervous, but couldn’t think of anything I’d done wrong. So I didn’t know what could have happened.
“Nabet, it has come to our attention that for every day this week you have received perfect marks on your evaluation. We would like to offer you the chance to join our special operations team,” one of the generals said. He saw my confused expression and continued, “Our special ops team deals with strange and sometimes unnatural occurrences. Do you recall the Zone Ninety-One incident?” I did, Zone Ninety-One was a hidden military base, kind of like California’s own personal Area 51. There had been a terrorist attack on the zone a few years back and they had closed it down. I nodded and the general continued once again, “Well, at Zone Ninety-One, we had what we believed to be a piece of extra terrestrial technology.” My heart skipped a beat. “Now the terrorists, they had destroyed that piece of technology that we had found. Now, we seem to have another issue on our hands. One of our aircraft carriers had some very strange things go on.  People on that boat claim to have seen aliens.”
I gulped and said “Sir, what did they say these aliens looked like?”
Confused the general said, “We received reports of several tall things, reptilian in nature, with blades covering their bodies. And they claim to have seen one large blue dear-like monster with a human torso and a long tail.”
They were the monsters that I had seen just two weeks before. The ones that killed Tyler. I looked up at the general. “Sir, what do you want me to do?”
“I have a feeling that these aliens, if they do exist, are not here for fun. They want a war, so we are going to give them one. I want our best soldiers to be on our special ops team and I think it would be good to have a young genius like you. If you choose to accept this promotion, you begin training at 0600 tomorrow.”
“Sir, who will be my sergeant?”
A familiar voice from behind me spoke up, “I will Nabet.”
I turned around and saw Carl Stern, the sergeant who had found me and brought me to the army.
I looked back to the general, “I’m in.”
“Good, you begin at 0600 tomorrow, at L block. This is all top secret information. Do not share it with anybody,” the general said.
I stood up and walked out of the building with a large smile on my face.

Offline ANna

• I see you.
  • God
  • guess who's back ?
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 07:19:47 PM »
Another awesome chapter. Can't wait for the next one!
--

Offline Leonardodavinci

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 11:15:26 AM »
This is really well written, Shanker.. Like, REALLY well written...

I like the way you move from scene to scene! I can't wait to see how this develops... Please continue :D

Offline SuperBlue

• God
Richard is really Anna in disguise!

Thread of the Year(simsRAF) and Fan Fiction of the Year(RAFamorphs)[2011] Funniest Member[2012]
Quote from: 12:34:05 AM (horsefan1023)
  Glaflafock
I'm Sealie's Wonder Twin. Jess, Cody, and Demos' brother. And Estrid and Nate's father/great grandfather(time machine, don't ask)