Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 334186 times)

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2009, 11:59:42 PM »
"Well I'm supposed to be this Carol person, but I seem to have made a mistake.  Generally people give something to do, tell me who I need to be for it, and I do whatever it is.  I seem to have become someone wrong at this point.  And I guess it's too late to change."
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations.

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
 Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #76 on: January 16, 2009, 12:07:52 AM »
"Huh? So...you're hired to take identities, and you've taken one, but you're unsure as to why? Or what you're supposed to be doing? Or am I completely missing the mark?" She gets up and goes to the bar, quickly grabbing her glass of Redin. She quickly sits back down across from 'Carol.' "Also, who are you?"

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2009, 12:18:31 AM »
"No, I don't take them.  These are mine."  He watched her walk away.  "Fine, I won't."  He pulled a deck of cards and began shuffling them.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill 

Fanservice?  What fanservice?  This is author service, I don't care if the fans like it or not.

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2009, 12:20:14 AM »
"You won't what? And why do you have so many identities?" She glances at the cards "What are you playing?"

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2009, 12:28:02 AM »
"I'm not playing a game.  These are my reference cards.  He spreads them across the table and each one has a well drawn person on the front.  The one on top is a close match to the picture of Carol on the ID  Then he flips them over to show detailed writing in a strange language.  "Each one of these is a person I am, or could be, or was, or whatever.  The rest are wherever I left them."  He shrugged.  "Probably my storage bay or something."

Winston Churchill 

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2009, 12:30:36 AM »
Shal says, "Okay." She then sits silently watching 'Carol' look through his cards.

Offline Breekan1

« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2009, 01:36:44 AM »
"Good to see you too, sis. Heard much from Dad lately? I've got a ship of his that I borrowed, if you need a lift. I'll warn you that the ride is... uh, uncomfortable? And moist. But, that's Dad for you. It's technically just supposed to be a one-seater, but there should be room. We'd have to wrap your head in tinfoil."

Breekan looks at Carol through the amber of a fresh drink of Crown. "So how exactly does this identity business work? Are you an Andalite? Or are we looking at something a bit farther off the beaten path?"

Offline AcreLorraine

• Acres and acres
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2009, 02:38:22 AM »
"Oh the andalites, they've surpassed us in their morphing technology, but we have excelled further then they will for nearly a thousand years.  The andalites require a simple touch to absorb dna.  Whereas I need to ingest it.  This is usually done through blood.  A simple taste and I have it, injections work as well.  I see your disgust, don't be so quick to judge.  With our way, we can even and most often do, become dead people or things.  We also never lose control to instinct."  He glances at the andalite and it's drink.  "Any instinct.  But morph by touch?  It's beyond us at the moment. We also do our morphing proces a bit different to avoid leaving parts of ourselves in zero space.  It's rather interesting really."

Winston Churchill 

Offline PrinceRonny

« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2009, 03:09:30 AM »
Hours have passed as Ronny grazed in the grasses provided by his bar-fellow. He returns inside, satiated at last. It's been a long time since a meal that good has come his way, and there was no way in hell he was going to heave let it pass.
Upon reentering the bar, however, the increase in actiivty draws his attention. It seems that, after years of neglect, the Bar has been rediscovered, if by none other than those who previously frequented it.

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Per scientia totus est ostendo sum
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2009, 08:57:51 AM »
"That technology sounds very interesting" Yarin said, just then Prince Ronny walked in. "Did you enjoy the grass my andalite friend?" he asked.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline SubVisser46OTAM

« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2009, 09:00:44 AM »
A few minutes after PrinceRonny comes in, there is the sound of someone tugging on the door. Easily at first, then harder. A voice drifts through, a flurry of Hork-Bajir and Andalite curses, before the door is kicked, and finally opens, needed to be pushed, not pulled.

Sub blinks, then laughs a bit at herself. She looks to be human, in her mid-20's. Her blond hair, once cropped short, has been allowed to grow to her shoulders. Hazel eyes sparkle with mirth at the sillyness of her mistake. She's dressed in a skin tight blue outfit, looking like a uniform. An Andalite military issued phaser is strapped to one side of her belt, a wicked metal blade, resembling an Andalite's tail blade, strapped to the other. There's no badges or anything else pinned to her uniform to establish any sort of rank. Off duty, it seems.

She makes her way into the bar, closing the door behind her, wincing at the sound the hinges make. Then she turns and looks around. It's been a long, long time since she's been here, and, somehow, this place still felt like home...
Yes, that is a gun in my pocket.
    (But don't think I'm not happy to see you!)

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2009, 09:34:47 AM »
Yarin quickly ran to his ship and retrieved his trusty genetic scanner.  He quickly scanned all the inhabitants when he got to the Bartender he got some anomilous readings. "What are you?"  He asked.
Live in peace and let your enemies be, but fiercely protect the ones you love. The Nyac Credo.

"Take me to jail please a Klingon is after me" Cave Guy Freakazoid  Freak-A-Panel.

"The fiction will see the real. The answer will question still."  Coheed and Cambria The Willing Well I: Fuel For The Feeding End 

The Pentagon has no contract with aliens or with afterlife entities... That I'm aware of... At this time

Offline SubVisser46OTAM

« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2009, 09:48:54 AM »
Sub quirked an eyebrow at Yarin as she was scanned,"Well, that's kinda impolite, isn't it? Didn't even offer me a drink first..." and she smirked as she looked over the people milling about. It was surprising, but nice, to see the bar bustling, and for a moment she wonders how much she's missed out on over the years.

After noticing the fresh foot/hoof prints in the dust, along with the layer of grime everywhere else, she decides she probably didn't miss much.

After a few moments her eyes fall upon Myitt, and she blinks a couple times before breaking out into a bright smile,"What the yaolin... Myitt?! Is it really you?"

Offline Yarin

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2009, 10:23:08 AM »
"What would buying you a drink have to do with me getting my scans?" Yarin asked confused.

Offline SubVisser46OTAM

« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2009, 12:06:56 PM »
Sub looks to Yarin for a moment and laughs a little,"It was a joke."
((Oh, his scan would have turned up Yeerk and Human.))