Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar (archive)  (Read 333923 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #14115 on: February 10, 2011, 03:58:42 PM »
"Yeah, I'm a Yeerk." Temrash said, having more experience listening to Taxxons talk than someone like Claxter. "Ship crashed, huh? That's pretty common around here. You're probably hungry. Or your host is if you're actually just a Taxxon. I could buy you some food, but I'm already kind of feeding two other Taxxon controllers and don't have an unlimited credit account. I don't suppose you're an Imperial?"

claxter hung back a bit and watched the commotion. How big a crew did Theta have? Was five most of it? Should he try his plan now and hope he could subdue the rest of the crew afterwards? He spared a stalkeye for Silver to see what she might do. She was breaking into small laughter.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 04:00:15 PM by Chad29 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #14116 on: February 10, 2011, 04:08:53 PM »
We continued to scan the specimens.

Confirm: Animalia specimen in zeta-2 have no lifesigns
Confirmed
Confirm: Animalia specimen in zeta-2 have no heat
Confirmed
Confirm: Animalia specimen in zeta-2 have no internal organs
Confirmed

We turned to Artemis. She was...laughing?

He just kept laughing. And I found myself laughing with him. Our laughing kept each other laughing. I realized he was laughing with me...

<Human. Artemis. What do you have to do with these strange occurrences?>, we asked.

We began to dismiss the drones.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Saphire

• Newbie Welcomer of late, Great Hearalder of Bear??
« Reply #14117 on: February 10, 2011, 04:53:24 PM »
"Yeah, they do. Then again, expected in a bar." Running her fingers through her red hair, the fox sighed and slumped on her stool, her arms folding themselves on the countertop. Setting her head down on her arms, she waited, listening to the people around the room talk- Though giving the cowboy's table a bit more focus.

At one point, the bartender walked past and Saphire tried to signal him. Big, burly and somewhat offensive in aura, he merely stood there, awaiting her order while using his surprisingly clean apron to clean an already clean glass.
"Does this area have some sort of Information desk?" He shook his head no.  "Uh.. Maybe some town officials I could speak with?" His cheek twitched. "Anyone who works with beings that get stranded here?" He raised a bush of an eyebrow. "Look- I don't need to be here. I need to leave, but I don't know how. Now, does this place have SOME sort of way I could accomplish going about that?"
He moved his hand to indicate the room at large and left abruptly, leaving Saph to face-plant the countertop.

"Uggggrh."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 05:14:43 PM by Saphirestarr14 »

Well darn. My sig USED to be fuller... 0o;
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
 “I'll smoke a brisket, and I drink water, but that's about it... might have an aspirin if I need it.”

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #14118 on: February 10, 2011, 08:00:25 PM »
Trey looks up at Keshin's arrival, jumping at her words. She looks vaguely familiar, but Trey can't quite place her face.

"Oh, hey..." he says, glancing at the door as the Taxxon scurried out. Probably for the best, he thinks with a mental shudder. He had never encountered a Taxxon before, but based on the stories he was not eager to.

"Um, I'm not sure...I guess it is," Trey shrugs, giving a small attempt at a smile. "I try to stay out of trouble."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #14119 on: February 10, 2011, 10:16:14 PM »
Fiona's lips twitch as she watches Sapphire's one-sided conversation with the bartender. "He's not much of a talker." She picks up a straw and uses it to idly stir her drink. "You can probably ask around for whatever it is you need," she says. "I know next to nothing about ships--except how to fly one. I'm more or less functional at that, anyway."

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #14120 on: February 11, 2011, 10:25:01 AM »
Elayne's eyes widen in surprise at the reappearance of Keshin, but the expression is quickly replaced with one of irritation. "What kind of question is that?" she mutters, folding her arms across her chest and giving her as unimpressed a look as she can manage while seated. "You stir up more excitement than most around here. Why are you back?"
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Saphire

• Newbie Welcomer of late, Great Hearalder of Bear??
« Reply #14121 on: February 11, 2011, 02:45:37 PM »
"I don't need to cross a sea though- I need to cross dimensions. And I need to do it soon." came the voice from under a curtian of red hair, somewhat muffled. With a sigh, she sat up straight and scooted her stool back a bit, standing up and grabbing her half-full, more-than-luke-warm coke. Scanning the room for someone that seemed less than preoccupied, she decided asking someone probably would be the fastest way to get around, even if she wasn't very comfortable relying on other... beings. However, something odd occured to the fox and she blinked, turning again to face Fiona with a rather confused expression.
".. Did you say you can FLY a ship?"

Well darn. My sig USED to be fuller... 0o;
76. Do you smoke, drink, or use drugs? If so, why? Do you want to quit?
 “I'll smoke a brisket, and I drink water, but that's about it... might have an aspirin if I need it.”

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #14122 on: February 11, 2011, 02:56:19 PM »
Fiona rolls her eyes. "Duh. How do you think I got here?" She jabs her thumb at the door. "What did you think all those ships outside are for?" She shakes her head. "Got a real problem figuring out the obvious, don't you? Thinking I meant a sailing ship? Really? At a space bar?"

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #14123 on: February 11, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »
With each scan she could feel run through her illusions shewould laugh more. Now she was full blown hysterical. She had leaned against the wall and holding her sides she was laughing so hard. The drone asked her if she knew anything about them. She slid to the floor in a sitting position and tried to calm down. "Y-Yes....I know of them" she said through laughter. "I created them. They are nor real."
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #14124 on: February 11, 2011, 05:37:56 PM »
Keshin blinks at the woman's comment. Again the person seems to expect something different than what she is showing. It's time to get some answers. If she doesn't know what people think of her in this bar, she may run into trouble. At least judging from the fact that Corliss thought she would kill him and this woman speaks of a similar unpredictability.

"Listen," Keshin says, trying to sound rational. "Whoever it is you're referring to...that isn't me. Not by a long shot. But said person seems to have caused a lot of damage here, and looks like me. Can you tell me who this...other me was, exactly?"
*************************************************************************************************************
Mar shrugs. "I want whatever you have. I'm curious to see exactly what your technology can determine about a being of my nature. I suspect I would either be interpreted as a large mass of energy, a rift in space, or a human being with slightly odd biology. It depends on how powerful that machine is."

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #14125 on: February 11, 2011, 06:02:39 PM »
<That was not funny. Why are you laughing?>, I asked, vexed.

The drones began to disperse to the other section, <We will not allow you to continue these disturbances. We have decided that immediate assimilation is prudent at this juncture.>

We walked towards the Human. Our stalk eyes were focused on the other units, still clustered in a small group, walking out.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #14126 on: February 11, 2011, 07:22:28 PM »
Claxter had been laughing a bit too, but now Theta wanted to assimilate Silver! He had to stop him! Diplomacy would likely not work on Theta, so Claxter would just have to use the device on him. He fired the device at theta's torso, hoping it would hit and he wouldn't be immediately jumped by the five drones.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #14127 on: February 11, 2011, 10:16:13 PM »
Her laughter immediatley stopped and she was on her feet in an instant. She had her staff out again. Claxter fired and she seen some of the drones still in the room. Now its a party! She thought. She extended her staff and as soon as it was at full length sparks of lightening began to light up her staff. Instead of just the end the whole thing was glowing.....as well as her tattoos. "wow......"
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #14128 on: February 12, 2011, 08:51:56 AM »
The human fired at Us...with the hypostore

< Incompetent Anda––>, was all we got out. The hypostore realized our abdominal support was attached to Us, and so it wrapped itself around my entire body... We shrunk, and shrunk, until we were smaller than even the quarks that make up our atoms... and finally, I found myself stuck inside the Hypostore...

Destroy the Human and An––, We tried to insert the command. But We were already inside the Hypostore, lossing consciousness, slipping into cryobiosis...

And now Our units were standing dumbly trying to access my command to finish it. But they never would...

« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 11:05:46 AM by Stephlao »

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #14129 on: February 12, 2011, 09:01:20 AM »
Reven watches Terenia for a terribly long moment.

"What about your Andalite host?" he finally replies.  "We have an Andalite living amongst our ranks.  While your host is clearly voluntary, she has no love for our people, as should be expected.  Although I agreed to let you both join us under observation, I need to make sure neither of you will harm our people or our operation.  Frankly, I'm more concerned about Efaen than about you, Terenia."

He sighs and looks at Ossanlin and Corliss.  "What was the condition War-Prince Ossanlin wished to propose?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash