Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 198255 times)

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1935 on: September 05, 2011, 01:14:51 AM »
Noah couldn't help but smile lightly when she watched Larry's arm wrap around Sami's waist. She always thought it was a precious thing to have someone who was willing to protect you with their life for no reason to further themselves. She fought back the thoughts of her past and focused on the moment at hand. She watched as he tried to quietly talk to Sami and shook her head smiling wider. She could hear them clear as day for her hearing was more than human. It would be pointless to whisper across a large room, for she would still hear it. Noah didn't say anything aloud letting him think she didn't hear unless he realized the timing of her reaction. Though her eyes changed focus as Sami's pulse jumped. For a brief second a light flashed through her eyes with the leopard's thought of how that pulse would taste like fluttering candy on her tongue.

Noah blinked and it was gone, but she slipped her glasses back on to be more careful of what she gave away. She let her gaze slide back to Larry with her thoughtful mask back in place.

"I wouldn't dare interfere in anothers relationship. Not my style." She looked back to Sami and questioned her calmly. "Maybe we have the same ancestors and don't even know it. What year are you from?"

Help my dragon grow big and strong

Offline SamiChee

• Sami Chee is here to play!!!
    • Realm of Dreams
« Reply #1936 on: September 05, 2011, 08:42:42 AM »
Sami noticed the flash in Noah's eyes, just before she put her glasses back on, and her heart stopped for a moment as she realized the full danger they could well be in. But she just mentally shrugged off the fear, knowing Noah would be able to smell any. She watched and listened, frowning. Most of what Noah said or asked was so foreign to Sami. She had no idea what Noah was talking about. "Year? What exactly do you mean?" Then she added, "I am sorry for being ignorant to your ways. But I haven't even learned all that much about my ancestors from my village, besides fairy tales," so that she didn't look as big a fool. Hopefully.

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #1937 on: September 05, 2011, 02:22:26 PM »
She smiled lightly, not quite reaching her eyes and responded with a distant thoughtful tone.

"It's alright. I was just wondering if some of my ancestors or maybe some of us from the future came to your planet. Never mind it though." Noah dropped her head and did a mini bow and spread her hands at her side.

"Sorry for coming upon both of you so abruptly." She stood back up looking at them both wondering if they realized how much it took from her to show a moment of vulnerability. She knew at this moment they wouldn't harm her, but she wasn't so foolish to think that couldn't change within a matter of seconds. "I didn't mean to frighten or alarm either of you. Sami's energy caught me off guard more than anything." Noah smiled to herself at an inner thought. 'I'm just waiting for curiosity to kill this kitty.'
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 02:24:00 PM by Twilight_Pixie »

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1938 on: September 05, 2011, 03:23:25 PM »
Larry was listening to everything that Noah was saying, but did not question anything because they seemed to involve Sami only. When Noah had mentioned that she did not wish to interfere with their relationship he did relax some, however he kept his arm around Sami. Her presence so close to him was quite enjoyable and it seemed that Sami enjoyed it as well.

Noah seemed to be genuinely sorry for interrupting their earlier task and Larry saw an opening to continue with that task. He noted that Sami seemed to enjoy Noah's presence because they were so much alike and decided to see if she would like to join them. He spoke in a soft voice, but was loud enough for both women to hear him.

"I apologize for my interruption, but before you arrived Noah, Sami and myself were going to explore the woods. Would you wish to join us in exploring the woods or would the two you prefer to continue conversing here? If you wish to continue conversing here I can create something to lay over the sand for us to sit on."

As he spoke Larry could not resist running his right hand down Sami's right arm down to her hand. He then interlaced her fingers with his and began caressing the palm of her hand with his fingertips. All of this he did very subtly so it would hopefully not attract Noah's attention, but would also not distract Sami too much.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #1939 on: September 05, 2011, 03:47:25 PM »
Sami's hand twitched a bit at the sudden contact before she slowly wrapped her hand around his fingers, letting him rub her palm. She smiled at Noah, bowing from the waist a bit in respect. "It is quite all right. As Larry says, we were just about to go exploring. Well, I was anyway, before he showed up." She giggled a bit, even though she knew it would show her weakness. She smiled and nodded to Noah. "But would you like to join us? Honestly, I feel safer on this planetoid in the forest, even though it is the reverse of how I felt on my own home world. I was actually thinking about hunting." She wasn't so much before, but she had finally caught on to what Noah was from their conversation, and she linked it with the memory of the flash in Noah's eyes.

BaronConall

« Reply #1940 on: September 05, 2011, 06:04:45 PM »
I awaken on the roof of a building. I shake my head to clear my thoughts and try to assess my situation into pros and cons.

I don't know where I am. That's a pro.
I can't see any Minders around either. Another pro.
I'm still alive, which means I'm out of broadcast distance. That's a BIG pro and a daunting con. The broadcast range of the fail-safe is good for up to 384,400 km. It's been proven enough times to be beyond question.

I'm still outfitted with the equipment I was provided on dispatch. Definite pro. Flame-retardant spider-silk cloak with ceramic nano-weave. Form fitting and 'acquired' from the Chinese Stealth testing facilities. Near invisible if I'm quiet and move slow.  Looks like that's the only thing between me and the bullets.

Alchemy-class Coilgun. Nanites alter the make-up of any large enough object into a  2"x4"x8" block of Titanium-Tungsten alloy, using mass acceleration to shave a bullet the size of a grain of sand off the block, decreasing its' its mass and firing the projectile at supersonic velocities. The kinetic force does all the work and ammunition becomes almost a non-issue.
Other then that, two concealed blades in each wrist, sharpened to a molecular level. High density, chemically treated to resist almost any for of corrosion. Med-nanites seem functional, but still by no mean a form of immortality. Crippled limbs would still take at least two day's to mend, spinal injury up to three. Breaks and fractures were anywhere between one-to-six hours to mend, depending on severity.

Standard tactical HUD. Motion sensor with a 20 meter radius, damage assessment, self-adjusting clock, atmospheric analysis, night vision, UV and infra red. Translator up and running. All in all, a basic foreign espionage kit. Nothing on me is made by any one nation. Plausible deniability to all, and to all a good night.

Good. Looks like I'm far enough away to have some semblance of free-will. Should be interesting. Haven't had that for... I can't remember how long now. I'm not even sure if the name I remember is the one I was born with anymore.

First thing's first. Where am I and how long will my freedom last? Next; The fail-safe. I'm going to need tools.

Offline Gaz

• RAF's Resident Coffee Addicted Pirate
  • God
  • Forsooth!
    • Rachel Recaps
Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1941 on: September 05, 2011, 06:36:24 PM »
Morgan shook his head.

"I have no clue what to say to Silver if I see her."

"About what?" questioned Gaz.

"All of it! What might happen to me and...that Andromeda is gone again. That she was never really back to begin with."

"It's not your fault," Gaz reassured. "No one thought that the Fakes were still in use. CG just keeps showing it's true colors is all."

Morgan was silent. He still was not over the pain of losing his wife all over again. It was worse knowing that she had never been back at all. It had all been a lie.

"At any rate it will take the crew a while to get those fist sized dents out of the wall. Let's take this chance to relax, huh? What else could possibly happen?"

At that moment a tall figure in a figure concealing cloak entered the bar.

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #1942 on: September 05, 2011, 08:08:23 PM »
Noah couldn't help but smile a little brighter, finally touching her eyes. Her leopard was still trying to inch closer to the surface. With each passing moment, her control over her beast began to weaken for she had not fed in at least a couple of days, not fed as a beast anyway. It wasn't a requirement to hunt to maintain control, but it always did help and she had a feeling she would need her control. Her smile faltered a little around the edges as she thought about how she would most likely end up shifting. If she shifts then she will end up passing out when she finally shifts back. She would end up completely defenseless. It'd only be about an hour, maybe less, but it was risky. Noah looked them both up and down trying to truly see how much she could trust them. She had a feeling Sami wouldn't be as likely to turn on her when she was passed out, but Larry, Larry seemed honorable. Though, he might be more likely to turn on her if something doesn't sit right with him. She took a deep breath and let it out closing her eyes and reopening them.

"I would love to go hunting with both of you." Some part of her relaxed that she hadn't realized was tense. Her leopard lay down in the brush waiting, waiting for the moment to be free. She understood it was going to be soon.

BaronConall

« Reply #1943 on: September 05, 2011, 08:44:42 PM »
The figure in the cloak is still laying on his back on the rooftop. He sits up, positioning his legs underneath him and rising to his feet. His HUD shows that there are at least seven people in building beneath his feet, one having just entered. The clock seems to be having trouble adjusting, but since the stranger is clearly nowhere near home, it doesn't surprise him that much. There seems to be a thicket woods not far from the building. It's at that point that new questions begin to form in the strangers' head.

Wait... This definitely isn't Luna if I'm out of reach of the fail-safe. And this can't be Mars. Luna terraforming was only just declared a success last year. Congress only just gave the go-ahead to terraform Mars last month. So where am I...? Nothing can get further than Jupiter and their lucky to have bio-domes. He looks up. No ceiling, just sky. Not a bio-dome. This could be... Interesting.

Carefully and quietly, the stranger walks to the edge of the roof,  the blip that just entered the building beneath him giving him a rough guess of where the entrance is. The stranger takes caution dropping silently to the ground below. He doesn't know where he is or what he's dealing with. The last thing he wants is to walk into a building with seven hostile... things.

Things. Really? How does that even make sense?! The stranger surveys the building. It loooks human in design. Of course it's human! What would it be? Aliens? Ghosts? Fairies??? He stop himself. He's thinking... freely. Chastising himself. Let his imagination get carried away...

It feels... good. He finds he's not thinking about the mission. Not thinking about extraction points and how if he misses the rendezvous, they'll trigger the fail-safe. The stranger is... free to think. To speculate and imagine. Without consequence. This can't be a dream... I haven't dreamt in... I don't know how long.

Crouch down, the stranger activates his cloak. He sends the command for it to become skin tight, the hood weaving into his visor to complete the circuit and registering the environment around him to emulate light and movement. The stranger is hard to spot, but not impossible. To anyone who looks closely enough, he looks like heat emanating off the sidewalk in the silhouette of a man. A big man, but a man, nonetheless.

Pity they didn't 'acquire' the finished product. He think to himself. He's wearing the prototype. It only works to cloak the wearer when they're kneeling down or laying on the ground. No one explained to him why, he didn't need to know.

The stranger edges towards the door, opening it a crack and peering in. And sees a Minotaur.

And now he's really confused. And enjoying to ability to be so.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 08:57:26 PM by BaronConall »

Offline SamiChee

• Realm of Dreams
« Reply #1944 on: September 05, 2011, 11:53:34 PM »
Sami smiled as Noah said she would love to hunt, and could feel the air relax a fraction, making it easier for Sami to relax as well. She turned around in Larry's hold. She kissed his cheek gently and pulled back from his grasp. "I am going to go hunting with Noah. I think you should go back to the bar." Her hands pressed against his chest a bit firmly, hoping he wouldn;t question, but just go. Sami could feel the animal within Noah now that she knew what to look for. It wasn't prowling right now, instead it was waiting to be free. But Sami did not want Larry around when it happened. She didn;t doubt that Noah couldcontrol herself, but shedidn't want any acidents.

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #1945 on: September 06, 2011, 12:15:37 AM »
Larry found it odd that the two of them were going to hunt without weapons, but then realized that they were talking about changing into a creature like Sami had done when he first met her. He thought about questioning Sami about it, however the way that she spoke and held her hand against his chest made him realize that she didn't want him to voice those questions.

"All right I will leave you two to your business then." He spoke in his soft tone. He then hugged Sami close to him and leaned down to whisper in her ear. "I hope you will not be gone for too long." Larry then pulled back slightly and kissed her on the cheek before taking a small step back from her.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #1946 on: September 06, 2011, 12:40:12 AM »
Still back in time, in Desmond's ship in orbit:

Parker hears the battle cries of approaching soldiers and decides to hold the next corner; giving Gaz and crew enough time to make it to the shuttle. He withdraws a frag grenade, pulls the pin, and counts to two before throwing the ‘nade down the corridor. The cries get louder as they approach Parker’s position. Suddenly the cries end with an explosion as the frag grenade explodes. Parker takes the opportunity to whip around the corner and take out a few soldiers with quick bursts from his rifle before retreating around the corner again. As the soldiers recover and regroup, they begin another volley of fire at the corner they saw Parker run past. Again, after a few moments of uninterrupted fire, the same voice calls out, “HOLD!” The fire ceases and again, they realize Parker had run off. “Dammit, he’s gone again!” They cry again and resume the chase. Parker makes his final turn and sees the shuttle that Gaz and the crew of The Cursed Pride had come in on, was gone.

Parker stood staring at the airlock absolutely stunned. They left without him. Parker shook his head realizing he just had to get to an escape pod. Then he could get back to the bar. Before he turns to find one, the ship begins to shake and Parker feels a weird sensation. The strange feeling is not unlike going into Slipspace. A feeling he remembers having the last time he was on Gaz's ship when they went to Gaz's universe. He looks out of the airlock and sees… nothing.

Not a single star, not even the vacuum of space, just nothing. Complete whiteness, almost as though Space itself were erased. He drops his Battle Rifle to the ground in shock. “White”… Gaz had mentioned this before. I… I just never knew what it looked like. He knows the only way the ship could go into Z-Space without orders from Desmond, is if Gaz somehow rigged the ship. If Gaz did indeed rig the ship, it’s unlikely that she would have left a trace of the Bar’s coordinates in the system. He had lost them. He had lost her… Silver, gone forever.

Breaking his trance of disbelief and anguish, he could hear the thunderous sounds of boots behind him. The CG soldiers had caught up to him and had created a wall behind him; pinning him between the airlock and their guns. Some soldiers took a knee to steady their aim, some stood while keeping him in their sights. All they could see was the back of a walking tank, a "man" that had single-handedly slayed so many of their friends, reach his arm to his thigh; and as he turned his head, he extended his energy sword.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #1947 on: September 06, 2011, 01:18:40 AM »
Noah averted her eyes by looking back toward the bar to give them a private moment. She noticed a man go invisible before her eyes. Her eyes widened and took a step back without realizing it. She reclaimed the step and stood her ground. Noah shook her head thinking she was going crazy. She looked back toward Larry and Sami and pulled off her glasses revealing her forest green eyes once more. She spoke to Larry before he got a chance to leave.

"Could I ask a favor of you?" She said in a sweet tone, but not flirting, nor pleading. Noah slipped off her black jacket to reveal her two daggers in their sheaths on her forearms and a shoulder rig that they couldn't see what it was holding yet. She folded the jacket, slipped off the daggers, and placed them both on the ground. Noah took off the rig to reveal a short sword as long as her torso and dropped in on the growing heap. She pulled off her black boots with a silver buckle on the side one at a time. When she pulls off the right one the pants are bunched up around a Beretta 84fs cheetah strapped to her ankle. She pulls off the gun and strap off her ankle and adds it to the pile. She takes off her lace necklace, leather belt with lace trim, and lace fingerless gloves and added it to top off the pile. All stripped of her weapondry and extra clothes she was left with a black long sleeve shirt, dark bellbottom jeans, and barefoot.

She picked up the pile without dropping anything with a guilty smile on her lips. "Could you look after my stuff?" She knew she didn't know him that well and having him as a pack mule was a mean thing to ask since she was robbing him of time with the one he adores. She knew she could hide it in the forest but was truly nervous it would get stolen.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:21:12 AM by Twilight_Pixie »

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1948 on: September 06, 2011, 07:48:34 AM »
Serid stops short as he reaches the Bar's door, finding a man watching through the crack between its weathered edge and the door jamb. "Pardon me," he murmurs with a polite nod, pushing the door open.

Another human, the Andalite nothlit thinks, giving him a curious glance. Strange how uncommon they appear to be around here at times... although his clothing and equipment is anything but customary.

Serid slips through the door and holds it open for the man, staring past him in an attempt to find Ossanlin.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1949 on: September 06, 2011, 10:12:21 AM »
Vogefac was listening to Claxter, sorry that he should be stuck with such outdated equipment. But then Artemis began to stir, and he followed the slightly large group as they all gathered around her bed.

"Artemis, are you alright?", he asked. The Android said something about paint...Vogefac silently wondered how paint was relevant in the present situation, but said nothing.

Catie opened her mouth, but found nothing was coming out...she had no real plans. She figured any place offered more adventure than the Urtahn's medbay. But, nothing had happened since she arrived. She got into an argument with the guy who Ogreon told to look out for her, ad they had gone their separate ways. She'd spent a good few minutes searching for Van and Ewa. And now she was sitting on a couch having a conversation with Ewa waiting for Van to...finish whatever business he had.

"You know...that's a good question. I figured there'd be adventure and missions just waiting for me...maybe that's just how my universe works. Even autonomous ships like the Urtahn have some good adventures. And I'm always stuck in sickbay, as that lieutenant over there...", she thought long and hard. But she couldn't think of anything to do.

"I hope Van's done soon so I can give him the message.", she tried to change the subject.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother