Author Topic: ((OOC!)) Animorphs: Resurrection ((OOC!))  (Read 26279 times)

Offline gorillaman16

Re: ((OOC!)) Animorphs: Resurrection ((OOC!))
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2010, 06:56:11 PM »
i'm ok with anything you put out there you are the plot maker, and when the time comes can you control my father since your character seems to know him?
Marco: Now do you see why it's crazy to think we can beat the Yeerks? I mean, come on: We can barely beat zoo security.

Tobias: (now stuck as a hawk) They'll come. The Andalites will come. And until then...
Jake: (nods and wipes tears) Yeah. Until then, we fight.

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »
I'd try something besides Arn Time-travel, personally. And try not to tweak your characters stats and genetics to much. Gene mods may be contemporary, but they would also be regulated.

Fair enough! I tried to make them as little as possible.

Hmm....I'll have to think about that. Get back to you.

Post Merged: December 20, 2010, 11:30:50 AM
Truthfully, I can't think of anything but my original idea...  :-\

Any ideas yourself? What would you recommend?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:30:50 AM by Scinlao »
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

BaronConall

« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2010, 11:42:45 AM »
As a Seer, I would find it entirely believable if you stumbled upon neglected Arn genetic technology. As a Seer on the homeworld, you could see it as the key to restoring your planet and boosting the intelligence of your people so that, one day, all Hork-Bajir may be Seers.

Unfortunately, while trying to understand the tech, you may accidentally become exposed to a poorly constructed genetic sample, stunting the growth of one horn, but also increasing your Hork-Bajir eyesight (which is usually worse than a humans) and your adrenal system, meaning you can push yourself harder for longer when in full panic/adrenaline mode. The problem with this is that you would feel heavily drained once your adrenaline boost wears off.

As for why you're at GT&T, there is always the possibility that you recieved an invitation from Tiberi, with the offer of payment being training and an understanding of the genetic technology to help you return your homeworld into a lush, jungle world, and also unlock the true cognitive potential of your people.

Keep in mind that this is *your* character, you don't have to use this word-for-word, you can add your own ideas. Just make sure you keep in mind not to make your character too powerful.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:45:36 AM by BaronConall »

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2010, 11:51:44 AM »
As a Seer, I would find it entirely believable if you stumbled upon neglected Arn genetic technology. As a Seer on the homeworld, you could see it as the key to restoring your planet and boosting the intelligence of your people so that, one day, all Hork-Bajir may be Seers.

Unfortunately, while trying to understand the tech, you may accidentally become exposed to a poorly constructed genetic sample, stunting the growth of one horn, but also increasing your Hork-Bajir eyesight (which is usually worse than a humans) and your adrenal system, meaning you can push yourself harder for longer when in full panic/adrenaline mode. The problem with this is that you would feel heavily drained once your adrenaline boost wears off.

As for why you're at GT&T, there is always the possibility that you recieved an invitation from Tiberi, with the offer of payment being training and an understanding of the genetic technology to help you return your homeworld into a lush, jungle world, and also unlock the true cognitive potential of your people.

Keep in mind that this is *your* character, you don't have to use this word-for-word, you can add your own ideas. Just make sure you keep in mind not to make your character too powerful.
:D

Awesome!

Ok...hmm...actually, today I am at a loss for creativity...what the qryx, I'll just use your idea...I just got over a cold, and I don't feel like exercising my brain...

Post Merged: December 20, 2010, 12:22:23 PM
So, Kage doesn't know Lee, or is Lee the one that 'invited' him?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:22:23 PM by Scinlao »

BaronConall

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2010, 12:32:26 PM »
It would have been Tiberi. Lee is his intern.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2010, 12:33:45 PM »
GOT IT!!! IT'S A REVELATION!!!

Albiet, a revelation everyone else received pretty much the day this thing started...but a REVELATION NONETHELESS!!!   :XD:

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2010, 06:32:47 PM »
I know my official document thing is basically the same as Este's, but they should be the same if they're under one format.
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2010, 07:22:51 PM »
Yeah; I figured the general system of individual identification from decade to decade would stay pretty basic.

Also, the letters and numbers are hex colours, for anybody not familiar with them.  Basically, it would be a very precise way to identify the person's pigmentation.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2010, 07:33:04 PM »
If the colors were natural, would they still have those numbers? 

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2010, 07:43:08 PM »
*nod* Yeah, I figure they would.

Here is my usual reference:
http://coolmaxhot.com/graphics/hex-colorsA.gif
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2010, 07:54:33 PM »
Thanks, I edited it.  And blond/brown means very dirty blond, by the way.  Dirty blond didn't sound official enough.

Thanks to Bear!

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2010, 07:59:32 PM »
:)

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2010, 12:04:52 PM »
I just realized since Mesa speaks in thoughts, she'll be able to play with talking like Andalites! XD

Thanks to Bear!

BaronConall

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2010, 12:06:16 PM »
Ok, as mentioned in-game, I have DNA ready for you guys to use as battle-morphs.

I'm gonna let you guys post what animals you would like to be most.

gorillaman16 clearly wants a Silverback Gorilla, so that's already been noted :P

Seal, I get the feeling you may be choosing something from the Big Cat family in terms of grace on land :P I'm putting my money on a Cheetah ;D

• God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2010, 12:12:15 PM »
Yeah, I was hinting at that.  :P  Mesa doesn't really know that much about Earth animals, so I'll just post it here.  But I think I'm gonna go with a leopard  :)

Am I stealing someone's battle morph from the actual series?  I honestly don't remember.  :P

Thanks to Bear!