Author Topic: RAF Forum updated!  (Read 21558 times)

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
Re: RAF Forum updated!
« Reply #240 on: August 01, 2011, 07:03:55 PM »
keep on topic, you guys.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2011, 12:08:33 AM »
Hey, is there a reason most of the extra banks of smileys are missing from message reply? Is that a feature on our queue to bring back? Also, I still miss my font color! *is whiny*

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2011, 01:14:39 AM »
You can manually pick a colour for your fonts by working out the hex colour code for it. For example the colour of some of the background is #F5F5F5 so to use that colour it would be: <Ta da!>

Code: [Select]
[color=#E7EAEF]Ta da![/color]
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #243 on: August 12, 2011, 01:14:01 AM »
You can manually pick a colour for your fonts by working out the hex colour code for it. For example the colour of some of the background is #F5F5F5 so to use that colour it would be: <Ta da!>

Yeah, I know it, but having a default post color was so nice, and added a lot of flavor to the forum, since I'd started associating certain colors with certain people.

Salem's Story

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #244 on: August 12, 2011, 08:00:09 AM »
Also, this has been mentioned before, but can we get karma again for starting new topics?

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #245 on: August 12, 2011, 03:25:49 PM »

Yeah, I know it, but having a default post color was so nice, and added a lot of flavor to the forum, since I'd started associating certain colors with certain people.

I've gotten in the habit of just typing the codes in, Lumy.  :P
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline Kit Cloudkicker

• Reuben-Eater
  • Gold Donor
  • Cloud Surfer
« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2011, 04:05:10 PM »

I've gotten in the habit of just typing the codes in, Lumy.  :P

Yes, but we're donors and part of that is being able to default set a font color.

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2011, 04:22:11 PM »
Aaaaaaah....yeah, that would be nice, wouldn't it?
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #248 on: August 12, 2011, 06:23:42 PM »
Hey, is there a reason most of the extra banks of smileys are missing from message reply? Is that a feature on our queue to bring back? Also, I still miss my font color! *is whiny*

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=944
they're working on releasing a new version compatible with 2.0. we plan on bringing it back when they do.

Offline goom

• Administrator
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #249 on: September 28, 2011, 03:08:41 AM »
i've gotten a few people asking this, so i figured i'd post how to hide the activity bar (client-sided).
download adblock plus (for firefox/chrome) and optionally element hiding helper.

after you've gotten it installed, go to 'preferences > filters > add filter'.
name it animorphsforum.com##.activity_holder
if you'd like to be able to turn off and on signatures on demand, you could also try animorphsforum.com##.signature
animorphsforum.com##.smalltext will remove nearly everything from posts besides the content and username; good for quick browsing.

disabling the filters is easy - just uncheck the corresponding box in 'my element hiding rules'
experiment around with element helper :)

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2011, 10:36:31 PM »
Ebooks are still up when you google 'animorphs forum'. Are they supposed to be?
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

Offline Mr. Guy36

• Xtreme Member
  • im still in ur ear, still controllin ur body
« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2011, 11:07:25 PM »
I actually just noticed this, sort of... I was on RAFClassic (digging info out of an ancient PM) and I saw the banner that said "Ebooks: Click here". So I did. And there they were.

I refuse to remove this sig because of some petty argument. RAF must remain solid.
By popular demand, now with Gaz!

Above silence, the illuminating storms - Dying storms - Illuminate the silence above

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #252 on: October 04, 2011, 12:14:24 AM »
Did you try opening one, though? Rather than actually giving you the PDF, it links you to Richard's post about Scholastic's letter.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 12:16:02 AM by Lumy the Kit »

Salem's Story

Offline Kelly

• Gold Donor
« Reply #253 on: October 04, 2011, 11:28:54 PM »
So it does..it didn't the other day when I discovered it. You're welcome Richard...
"I always considered myself a loner. I mean, not like a poor-me, Byron-esque, I-should-have-broughta-swimming-buddy loner. I mean the sort of person who doesn’t feel too upset about the prospect of a weekend spent seeing no one, and reading good books on the couch. It wasn’t like I was a people hater or anything. I enjoyed activities and the company of friends. But they were a side dish. I always thought I would also be happy without them."

- Harry Dresden/Jim Butcher, Ghost Story.

Offline Coal Kropotkin

• The anarchist formerly known as Prince
  • Gold Donor
  • Howdy!
    • Mastodon
« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2011, 09:59:33 PM »
Just wondering if there were any updates.... And I sorta miss my offensively-orange font colour. :P

No rush, just curious. Totally loving the new look once I got used to it, BTW, y'all. Looks*... Clean.

*fixed
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 10:16:46 PM by Link (Broken) »

RAFEngaged to Ash! <3
Kat's Awesome!

Updated phone: 423 401 8527

RAFJOP at your service!