Author Topic: RAF Forum updated!  (Read 21559 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: RAF Forum updated!
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2011, 08:22:03 PM »
which is why bear is forbidden from reaching above 50
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
« Reply #196 on: July 08, 2011, 08:23:54 PM »
Ok guys, a bit off topic. This discussion can go here.

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2011, 08:45:13 PM »
Just noticed that you can look at a post and see if it's been applauded. It's in the bottom left corner above the signature. Pretty cool feature, I think.

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #198 on: July 09, 2011, 11:58:36 AM »
That is pretty cool.  In fact, if my post log were fixed, it would be great!  Then I could go figure out where my mystery karma came from....
Work is for the weak

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #199 on: July 09, 2011, 01:53:11 PM »
Hey, I just had an idea!  For the 'activity' bar, would it be even remotely possible to implement a system where each individual member can determine what the bar measures?  Like, one member could leave it as "Insanity level" whereas another member might instead decide to write "Britishness" or "Luminosity"?

If that's too difficult to be worth implementing, then please feel free to ignore me, since I actually like "Insanity level" a lot.  :D  But, I'm also just a little bit curious to see what other members might come up with, if that were a customizable option.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #200 on: July 09, 2011, 01:59:09 PM »
I think thats a pretty good idea dino
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #201 on: July 09, 2011, 06:42:23 PM »
Hey, I just had an idea!  For the 'activity' bar, would it be even remotely possible to implement a system where each individual member can determine what the bar measures?  Like, one member could leave it as "Insanity level" whereas another member might instead decide to write "Britishness" or "Luminosity"?

If that's too difficult to be worth implementing, then please feel free to ignore me, since I actually like "Insanity level" a lot.  :D  But, I'm also just a little bit curious to see what other members might come up with, if that were a customizable option.

just one setting (which we can rename) for the description. i don't think it's worth the trouble of figuring out a way to change it (at least low-priority).

Offline Coal Kropotkin

• The anarchist formerly known as Prince
  • Gold Donor
  • Howdy!
    • Mastodon
« Reply #202 on: July 09, 2011, 08:30:48 PM »
... So... About the layout....

Quote from: Broken McLoser on Yesterday at 03:23:37 PM
Coolidge. :) Likin' everything thus far! :D

Just curious, though, it's been awhile now, are we sticking with this new layout, or are we going to be going back to the old one/getting individual themes as Goom talked about? Either is good with me, just curious.

RAFEngaged to Ash! <3
Kat's Awesome!

Updated phone: 423 401 8527

RAFJOP at your service!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #203 on: July 09, 2011, 09:53:07 PM »
just one setting (which we can rename) for the description. i don't think it's worth the trouble of figuring out a way to change it (at least low-priority).

Don't worry about it, then.  I'm loving all the changes, so keep up the good work!

Offline Horsefan1023 (Seal)

• RAF's Resident Tumbleweed Hater
  • God
  • TO THE BATMOBILE!
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2011, 12:25:22 AM »
Just thought to post it, I think this is related to the update...where the heck did the blog go?
Most Insane Member/RAFian Writer 2010!

Thanks to Bear!
Blue is my WonderTwin, Myth, Blocky, Jess, Kayla, Demos, Tony are my siblings, Shorty is my cousin, Bear is my RAFsupercodetective! (Yeah awesome!)
RAFdating Ghostie! :D
:raftrophy: RAFian Writer and Most Insane Member 2011!

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #205 on: July 26, 2011, 07:48:48 AM »
It's in the "News:" bit at the top. :-X Or, you know, blog.animorphsforum .com. But yeah, a proper link to the whole thing'd be nice again. XD

There was a post about me for a whole day before I saw it. That's just not right.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2011, 04:06:53 AM »
... So... About the layout....

Quote from: Broken McLoser on Yesterday at 03:23:37 PM
Coolidge. :) Likin' everything thus far! :D

Just curious, though, it's been awhile now, are we sticking with this new layout, or are we going to be going back to the old one/getting individual themes as Goom talked about? Either is good with me, just curious.

well, we want RAFians to have a uniform experience, functionality-wise. i've tried out the core theme; while it looks familiar, there are a lot of new things that don't show up or work correctly.
it's a maybe.

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2011, 10:06:50 AM »

I agree, low-priority no doubt.....

.....but if you could do that it's be wicked epic! ^^
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Richard

• Founder
  • Administrator
    • Richard's Animorphs Forum
« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2011, 01:32:38 PM »
Just thought to post it, I think this is related to the update...where the heck did the blog go?

I'll place it back in the top navigation. (It's at the bottom, too).

Offline Aquilai

• Imagination is imperative in ingenuity
« Reply #209 on: July 28, 2011, 12:52:55 PM »
Not sure if it's been forgotten or unfixable but the Profile "Show Posts" link still doesn't beyond the 1st page. If I remember correctly the old forum had "Show posts" and something like "Show topics" where topics are the topics the person started themselves. Can the "Show posts" thing in Profile be sorted out?
Temporal Traveller Aquilai: "One small step back in time. One GIANT leap for mankind."
"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts… their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?"