Author Topic: GESB: Urtahn  (Read 6464 times)

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
Re: GESB: Urtahn
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2011, 11:17:18 AM »
The human woke up slowly. At first he didn't understand what was going on. He was no longer in the building he had walked to when he first came through the portal. He began looking around and saw another human female. He also saw the creature that he had seen at the building. The last creature reminded him of the river beasts from Kurast.

He sat up and looked around and realized this place was very different than what he was used to. It was a large dome roofed room with beds several beds. Although he was afraid he did not show any fear this time. He took a deep breath and turned towards the female, feeling more at ease talking to a human. "Where am I? Who are you and what are these creatures?"

He feels his torso and notices it is healed with no scars. He can also tell that his internal injuries have been healed as well. "What magic did you use to heal me?" He asks the female.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2011, 12:09:05 PM »
Catie's eyes went wide and she looked at Ogreon helplessly.

"Um...well...My name is Catie Anderson. This is Ogreon and this is Vallav. I didn't heal you, and Vallav didn't use magic to heal you. We used technology call an arterial...um, well we just used technology to heal you. Magic isn't real. But uh...he healed you."

She pointed to Vallav and Vallav waved curtly, "Greetings! Your injuries were severe, and my captain told me to fix you up, so that's what I did."
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2011, 03:09:32 PM »
He was very confused by what Catie was saying. He desperately needed answers and he needed them now. "What is this 'technology' you speak of? What do you mean magic isn't real? How else do you explain there being no trace of my injuries?"

As he asked the questions in a rapid-fire pace, he became very agitated and began to hyperventilate again. He grabbed his head as the room swirled around him. Magic isn't real Catie's words repeated in his head over and over. "No, no it cant be. Magic has to be real, it HAS to be. You're lying, YOU'RE LYING!" he screamed.

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2011, 11:25:37 PM »
Catie cringed slightly and looked to Ogreon.

The little mouth on his long snout opened as he spoke, "Well, actually, our technology allows us to do...magical things, so to speak. Our technology may be very similar to your magic, so maybe magic does exist."

Ogreon, being a diplomat, realized it may not be the right time to challenge everything this man knows; and if he believes in magic, there's bound to be other things of conflict between them. Might as well leave so much alone.

"My name is Ogreon. I am Ambassador Ogreon of the Universal Alliance Starship," three words he regretted as soon as they were out of his mouth, "Urtahn.. This is Doctor Vallav, my Chief Medical Offic - "

"Yes, I am," Vallav interrupted, "And Might I say you are the most ungrateful patient I have ever had."

Ogreon's eyes went wide, "Doctor!"

"Well it's true! Now lie down before you kill yourself! There's still some internal damage I have to fix!"

Catie put her arm on his shoulder, "Please. I promise you won't be harmed."

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2011, 11:41:39 PM »
When the desert maggot began speaking he moved away from it in fear. The maggot said that this 'technology' was similar to his magic and that magic did exist. This helped calm him down some. Perhaps the female was not certain what magic really was. He would give her the benefit of the doubt for now.

The desert maggot introduced itself as Ogreon, a strange name for certain. He then introduced the river beast as the doctor, who immediately began yelling at him to lie down before he hurt himself. He thought about resisting at first, but then Catie assured him he would not be harmed.

He looked into Caties eyes and said "I trust you and only you when you say I wont be harmed." He didn't care about the strange creatures, but he did not want them to know everything about him. He leaned over and whispered in Caties ear so only she would hear him "My name is Larry Foulke."

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2011, 07:47:30 AM »
Catie nodded and smiled lightly, "Nice to meet you. Now, if you'll let Doctor Vallav take care of you?"

Vallav approached, "Quite right, now let me just...oh, darn. I left m s.e.n.s.o.r. back at my desk. I'll be right back."

Ogreon quickly spoke in a quiet voice to the man, "Look, I'm sorry for Vallav's curt behavior. He's actually two creatures in one which gives him a higher metabolism...well, let's just say he's hyper all the time but that makes him tired all the time. It's true."

Vallav returned with his s.e.n .s.o.r. and hovered it around the man, scanning him, "Ah, I see. One last thing to fix. Your liver was peirced by your ribcage. You have a talent for some of the most impossible injuries."

He walked over to the shelf behind the bed and grabbed another, larger cellular regenerator and an Osseus Reverter.

He first ran the cellular regenerator over his kidney area, it making a fluctuating hum while it sent a booster signal to the body...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 08:06:07 AM by Dark Master »

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2011, 10:08:00 AM »
The river beast doctor, Vallav, said something about a 'sensor' and left. Ogreon attempted to explain about how he was two creatures in one and having a higher metabolism. Strangely now that he was beginning to trust these creatures he was also understanding. The fear and shock he had been feeling was still there, but he had it under control now.

Doctor Vallav returned and hovered a strange object over his body. When the Doctor said that he had a talent for impossible injuries the human actually chuckled. It was not a cheerful chuckle though, it was a chuckle that sent a shiver up most peoples spines. It was a chuckle that indicated what he was about to say was not even remotely funny, but cold and sadistic.

"Yes, Diablo does have a nice talent for making messes out of his hunters." He said in a dark tone.

The dark tone lasted only another minute when he looked again at Catie and asked slowly and calmly "What is this place? Where is the building I first came to? Where are all the other humans and the Elf that I saw?" Although he didn't remember her being there and he was beginning to trust the others, he still preferred talking to a human, even better a female human.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 11:48:11 AM by Squall Leonhart (ShawnN1987) »

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2011, 05:50:11 PM »
Catie looked to Ogreon. He nodded, giving his permission to tell him.

"This is a space ship. It's like a covered ship, with no sea. We travel through the stars. You got here from that building through a...sort of magic we call 'beaming.' It allows someone to travel between two spots directly, and it takes about...3 seconds."

Doctor Vallav switched to the Osseus Regenerator. It made a humming sound as he pressed the trigger. Then Vallav faced him, "It will hurt slightly, but I need you to arch your back. You can deal with the pain, I'm sure, right?"

Catie continued, "The humans and the...elf...are still there. You can go back later."

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2011, 06:05:18 PM »
Catie told him of the magic of 'beaming' and it sounded very similar to the portal he was able to make that allowed him to escape from the Chaos Sanctuary. The doctor asked him to arch his back, the human still wasn't sure about trusting him completely without making sure of his loyalties.

He looked first at Vallav then at Ogreon and said in a menacing tone "Do either of you serve the Prime Evil Lords? If you do I will have to destroy you."

He attempted to lean forward to get out of the bed, but the pain made it difficult and he groaned with the effort.

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2011, 07:27:03 AM »
As the man groaned Vallav tried to support him, "I told you to arch you back, not get up! Now look! I'm trying to help you! Now -"

"Doctor. Please," Ogreon interrupted, "Let me."

He scooted over to be in front of the man, "I do not even know who these Prime Evil Lords are. I promise you we don't work for them, and we will help you. That is...if you dont try to kill us."

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »
When Ogreon said that he didn't know who the Prime Evil Lords were he was shocked. He is lying. How could you live in this world and not... Quite literally his thoughts stopped mid-sentence. That strange energy fluctuation in the portal. When he entered the portal in the Chaos Sanctuary, there had been a slight fluctuation in the energy, almost as if it had taken slightly longer to establish itself.

At the time he didn't take too much notice due to his injuries, but now that he thought about it, it made sense if the portal had been rerouted. Baal. Only he would have the power to do this, but he had to be absolutely certain.

He turned to Catie and asked "What is the name of the land where I appeared at?"

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2011, 01:48:28 PM »
Catie, once again was at a loss, "Erm...um, the...the establishment? I think it's called the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar. I don't know what the planet's called, but I'm pretty sure that's the bar."

Ogreon nodded, "Yes. The Galaxy's Edge Space Bar."

Vallav groaned, "Arch your back, please!!!"

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2011, 03:25:48 PM »
He decided to do as Vallav asked him to and arched his back. He looked at Catie and said "You really have never heard of the Prime Evil Lords?" He had never heard of the Galaxy's Edge Space Bar before which meant that his assumption about being in a different land was true.

He took a deep breath and said "The Prime Evil Lords are three demons Mephisto, the Lord of Hatred, Diablo, the Lord of Terror, and Baal the Lord of Destruction. These three are brothers that are attempting to end the age of Man in the lands of Sanctuary. Tristram, the Rogue Monastery, Lut Gohlein, Kurast all of these places have suffered in the wake of the Brothers' attacks."

He looked in Caties eyes with his unusual eyes, his right eye a sapphire blue and his left eye an emerald green. "Be thankful that you have never witnessed the suffering they have caused."

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2011, 03:59:53 PM »
Catie looked at him again and realized finally that his eyes were two different colors...

"Why do you have two different eyes?", she asked hesitantly.

Vallav spoke up just as he was about to finish with the ribs that he had so wanted to finish(thus his frequent begging to arch back), "Ooh! Fascinating! Is one an implant? Are they both implants!? Do they itch? Are they different sizes? What method was used to insert the extra eye? Whose eye was it originally?"

Ogreon facepalmed, a very human gesture, "Doctor, finish his surgery please so he can be free of your tedious bantering."

Vallav, yet again, indignantly, grudgingly, continued. If Ogreon hadnt been the captain, Vallav probably wouldn't have listened to him.

Vallav pressed the trigger and the nearly invisible energy that had been the rib reentered the body - avoiding the newly regenerated kidney - and materialized into the bone it had been before.

Vallav, still upset sighed out, "There. Now just wait one second..."

Vallav picked up a hypospray and loaded in with doloregicem, then it hissed as the doctor pressed it against his skin and unloaded it.

"That should minimize or rid any pain you feel. All done. Now that I'm not wanted, I'll go back to my Fungus Colony and try to finish with it before I'm rudely interrupted again."

And with that he was carried by his long legs into a back room, as the door opened and closed for him.

Ogreon shook his head and Catie laughed.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 04:02:11 PM by RAFrukh »

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2011, 04:53:40 PM »
At first Caties question confused him, but then he remembered his eye color. As he was about to answer Vallav interrupted him and started hounding him with questions. Ogreon told Vallav to hurry up and the doctor finished, then stuck something in his arm that relieved the pain.

When the doctor left he even had to chuckle. Unlike earlier this chuckle was full of humor and lighthearted. He turned to look at Catie and said "I was born this way, it's something that every few decades a Druid will inherit. According to Druid lore 'He who possess eyes the color of water and plant, possess great insight and knowledge' Since I possessed 'Natures' eyes', as they are called, my tribe felt that I was worthy to face the Brothers."

Larry took a long look around the building he was in. "Perhaps it is that insight and knowledge that allows me to accept this place better" However in his mind a thought was constantly repeating itself What if I am never able to return to my home

He looked back at Catie and smiled slightly "Will you please accompany back to the 'Bar' as you call it?"  He asked in a friendly, if somewhat flirty, tone of voice.