Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196506 times)

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1485 on: July 22, 2011, 09:05:22 PM »
"Don't let him on board," Corliss says overhead, tapping into their communications.  "I don't trust the bloke as far as I can throw him.  Which isn't far, really..."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1486 on: July 22, 2011, 09:48:46 PM »
Salem frowned and shook his head slightly at Mar. He didn't recognize the saying Mar was using- though the allusion sounded simple enough. The being was simply talking about a shift in paradigm, it seemed.

The Allstone he'd shown Mar was valuable, and would be very hard to come by out here... but learning an entirely new way to view things... that would be more than worth it, wouldn't it?

And what about Myitt's warnings? he reminded himself. He shook his head slightly. It seemed that if he wasn't agreeing to give up part of himself to the being, the warning wouldn't apply. He'd keep his eyes open, of course, but honestly, what harm could be done? And if he gained the power to fly? The insight into the immortals?

In this case, it would probably be well worth the risk.

"Alright, highest, that sounds like a fair trade," he said with a nod.

At that moment, Mike's voice came back on over his communicator. He sighed and replied, "Corliss, if I wanted to tell them to attack you, I could do that from here. But yeah, I guess I could give you what you need to get them out. I need to make sure I get them safely back to my ship. They're members of my crew, Yeerk." There was a veiled threat hidden in his words, and it showed by the slight aggressiveness in his tone. "Let me tell them what's going on. Tell me, can you get to the actual power stream of your ship's systems? That would make getting them out nice and easy."

He turned back to Mar, "Give me a few minutes to take care of this joker, and then I'm ready for a flying lesson if you are." There was a twinkle in his eye and a slight smirk as he said 'flying lesson.' This was something he'd never expected to hear himself asking for.

He turned away from Mar and spoke to the ship at large, "Malleon, we're done aboard the Skimmer. The politics of the situation have changed. I need to pull you out." The entire front wall of the craft lit up, glowing with blue letters scrawled in the Atazin galactic language. Salem read them quickly before continuing, "No, I'd like to think of them as potential allies at this point. If we just leave, say, two percent of you behind, and have you go dormant, is that enough to create a colony? There shouldn't be any detectable energy drain then, right?" The lettering on the wall was replaced by a new series of words. "Okay, let's do that, then. I'll ping you with a quick electrical signal." A smirk spread across his face, "And... it might be necessary to convince these rebels not to bother you in the future. They don't quite understand what you are. They might find your capacity for emotion somewhat startling. Should help them view you as equals. I think they'd see evidence of pain as especially jarring." The words on the wall rewrote themselves once again. "Yeah, that should work quite nicely," he said, grinning, with a wink at Mar.

Al turned in surprise when Rathien called him "android," and raised his eyebrow at the hunter in a pretty good impression of confusion. When the hunter walked out the door, Al took a sip of his beer and shrugged at Jasper, "Okay, so he probably knows who I am. That was worth a try, though, right?" He grinned and called to the bartender, "Hey, have any ice cream you could send our way?"

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1487 on: July 22, 2011, 10:26:35 PM »
Mar watches Salem's actions carefully and mutters, "Hmm. Two percent of you....a collective sentience, perhaps. You deal with interesting partners, Salem. Remarkable that species of such different natures should be able to understand each other. You have different wants and desires, no? This.....universe you come of...I will argue to the Mass and to Necrul's Council that a foray into it would be profitable. We shall see how such endeavors turn out."

Mar then...inexplicably sits in the middle of Salem's ship, lowering himself to the ground. "I am ready when you are, although the process may make you feel a little silly at first."

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1488 on: July 23, 2011, 01:49:06 AM »
"That sounds like a fantastic idea." Al plopped into the stool beside Jasper and said to the bartender, "Make that two beers, on me." He turned to Jasper, "Is it just me, or is this place less and less fun lately?" He nodded towards Rathien, "Guy's really killing my buzz. We've got dying guys coming out of nowhere... judging by that guy's teleporter, they should have passable medical facilities. I've gotta imagine he'll pull through." He smiled and nodded at the bartender as he set down a pair of tall beers in front of them. "I keep thinking this place might start to be fun, but it's kinda looking like it's just here to breed chaos."
Al turned in surprise when Rathien called him "android," and raised his eyebrow at the hunter in a pretty good impression of confusion. When the hunter walked out the door, Al took a sip of his beer and shrugged at Jasper, "Okay, so he probably knows who I am. That was worth a try, though, right?" He grinned and called to the bartender, "Hey, have any ice cream you could send our way?"
Jasper wasn't expecting company, though he didn't really mind. Sapttus could care less. He just needed to make sure that Jasper didn't have a conniption, what with all the chaos he'd seen so far. "Glad you agree." He said, with a slightly amused smile. "We don't turn down good company often."

<<...that's a big glass... we aren't going to have *all* of that, are we?>>
<<I haven't decided yet.>>
<<Oh my gosh, dude, no... you think *you* have issues... I don't do well drunk, okay? You'd know....>>
<<That has been taken into consideration.>> Sapttus said, expressing his jesting.

"I would have to agree with you there. This place does have a tendency towards excitement, doesn't it? I can only imagine what you've been through here." He actually didn't want to think about it. They were both still debating whether or not this was truly better than remaining at the Yeerk Pool. At least there, he only had to worry about the Visser... <<At least here, we might find a cure.>> Jasper said. Sapttus nodded. <<Thanks...>>

"So... I take it that you were hoping to hide from this... particular person?" Sapttus began. " He seemed to maybe be a potential contributing factor to the bar's atmosphere of 'excitement'. I, for one, wasn't too enthralled by the little history he gave of himself. Is he... uh... someone that you've run into before? He was uh, kinda hangin' around Salem a bunch... " Jasper finished. Sapttus had become entirely distracted by something else.

<<Oh my gosh... Ice cream would be perfection right now.....just... utter perfection!!!>>

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1489 on: July 23, 2011, 11:38:06 AM »
"Yeah, I know," Illim sighs with an eye roll. "You don't want to spend too much time around us. Our Yeerkishness night be catching. Or you might find yourself actually liking some of us. And that simply wouldn't do."

He glances back; it seems Terenia is wrapping up discussions with Salem, but as the comm link is still in use, he turns back to Efaen with a shrug.

Serid raises his eyebrows at the new Imperial arrival's manner of speaking towards Zorish. Dislike Zorish as he might, he could not help but feel somewhat offended for the Yeerk. To speak in this way, the Imperial must be a Visser. Or perhaps even higher--no. No, that could not be. No one in such a position would come here, much less sit comfortably with two free Andalites.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1490 on: July 23, 2011, 12:11:13 PM »
"Do you always dispense members of your crew onto other spacecraft so lightly?" Terenia snaps back, a slight growl in her voice. She is quickly becoming incredibly impatient with the situation." She flips through Mike's memories quickly, looking for anything that will help her access the ship's power stream. "Yeah," she says grouchily after a pause. "I can get into the power stream. Just hurry up, we're kind of in a bit of a rush."

<Enough,> Efaen says, taking a step forward. <Lower the ramp and permit me to board. I do not wish to waste time exchanging insults with the likes of you. There are more important matters to attend to.>

Zorish's shoulders stiffen at Jocun's tone, but beyond that he gives no indication of having heard the implications. "Well, I certainly wouldn't want any higher beings meddling in my affairs," he says, forcing a chuckle. "Assuming that such creatures exist at all. Granted, after a few hours in this place not much would surprise me." He glances at the Imperial named Jocun. "You say the stories you have heard involve a Time Matrix, hm? Such a device is a thing of legend. Andalite lore used for the purpose of scaring their grubs. I certainly cannot speak to their existence." He grips his glass, putting it to his lips and downing the remaining liquid.

"I am interested in your stories, Jocun," Zorish says after he swallows, "but I am more interested in this place itself, as it is certainly very real. And evidently accessible as well, which is more than one can say for your Time Matrix."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1491 on: July 23, 2011, 12:31:12 PM »
"Well, I can't exactly roll the thing out here in front of everyone, so I have no concrete proof. I too would like to know more of this place, like why is it here? Why would a higher being allow this place to exist, where mortals such as us could so easily screw around with the timestream and other dimensions? I don't suppose this is actually the origin point of the universe and all dimensions?" Jocun said. He looked at the bartender, who as usual said nothing. "I don't suppose you know of the origins of this place, good Andalite?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1492 on: July 23, 2011, 02:43:38 PM »
Salem chose to ignore Terenia's remark about how lightly he took the dispersion of his crew members, and instead responded, "Good, I'll be over in a minute with the equipment you'll need to get them out. How fast you can do that depends on how fast you work, Yeerk." He stuck his communicator back in his pocket.

He continued speaking to Mar as he went through several of the open drawers. "If you could actually manage to transport yourself into my home universe, I might just have to hitch a ride." He found what he was looking for- a clear cylinder with copper ends, and a long, shiny 'string' dangling from the center of one of the copper ends. He quickly wrapped the string around the outside of the container, speaking as he did so. "Yeah, the Malleon tend to have a very different agenda than I do, but that doesn't mean we can't find mutually beneficial agreements." He then caressed the wall, causing all of the open compartments all around the ship to slide shut.

He turned to Mar with a smile, "This should only take a minute. You're welcome to follow if you like. Otherwise, I'll be back as soon as I get my friends away from that rebel." He turned and walked down the ship's ramp, and towards the Skimmer. As he neared it, he could make out the form of the female Andalite outside. I'm not waiting in line, he thought.

Al laughed, "This place has kept on surprising me, at least. Never a dull moment." He rolled his eyes when Jasper talked about Rathien, "Yeah, I know him. He's a bounty hunter. A good one. Salem's wanted in some places, and that guy's already tried to kill him on multiple occasions." He sipped his beer, "Funny thing about people who try to kill you- you don't tend to like them." The bartender, after some searching, had managed to find a pint of Ben & Jerry's Phish Food in one of the freezers. He unceremoniously dumped it on the counter in front of Al. "Spoon?" Al inquired. He noticed the eager look in Jasper's eyes and amended his request to "Make that two spoons." The bartender reached behind the counter and pulled out two mostly-clean looking spoons, which he handed to Al.

Al frowned, then brushed the spoons on his jacket. He pulled the lid off of the ice cream and stuck in a spoon, holding out the other spoon to Jasper as he continued speaking. "He's dangerous, and he wants Salem dead. What I can't figure out is why he'd come in here and talk to us, instead of just shooting." He looked back at the door out which Rathien had walked. "It's interesting... it seems like he'd almost be my kind of guy, if it weren't for his whole 'gotta kill people' lifestyle."
« Last Edit: July 23, 2011, 02:54:04 PM by Lumy the Kit »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1493 on: July 24, 2011, 08:58:20 AM »
Illim gives Efaen a bland smile and turns his head to watch Terenia and Mike. "Whatcha think, guys? Efaen wants to come in to make a call. She's getting a little antsy out here," he says to them loudly enough for the Andalite to hear him as well.

<<I guess not everyone can be charmed by our smile,>> he laments to Derrel with an internal chuckle.

Serid gives a dismissive "feh" at the Yeerks' discussion of the Time Matrix. This newcomer is speaking of ever more improbabilities. He shakes his head, torn between thinking he is crazy or falsely boastful.

"Perhaps," he speaks up for the first time, "this place serves their purposes, as well. Perhaps such beings surround us here, even now. Perhaps, Yeerk, you should use caution when advertising your use of such a mythical device; those who do not think you insane may attempt to wrest it from you."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1494 on: July 24, 2011, 09:06:00 AM »
<<I just must be too good looking for her. she's intimidated by me, thus tries to push us away so she won't get too entangled in our charms.>> Derrel said.

"Oh, I don't actually possess the Time Matrix, or even know where it is. Besides, it's not like none of my allies know I'm here. Are you implying I'm insane?"

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #1495 on: July 24, 2011, 05:43:43 PM »
Van moved his away around, and groaned a bit at the sight of his ship. The paint looked a little worse for wear thanks to the crash, and the pirate felt that the ship itself wouldn't impress Ewa.

Beryllian ships were certainly of a different sort of... nature than your average, sleek, designed-by-Apple-in-California type of ships most people were used to. To the untrained eye, it looked like a giant metallic rock. And much to Van's annoyance, that was usually the first comment people had about the thing.

Ships of this scale, with terribly thick walls made from a natural metal with a stone-like appearance, were built originally to withstand the rigors of Gravitic Warp. In the past, when the technology was being refined, engineers feared that relying on the ships that were standard at the time would be too flimsy, and would break apart once they entered the warp vortexes.

So, instead of building what they thought would make the cut, the engineers built ships that were above and beyond the call for structural stability. The approach was wonderfully hamfisted, and the bulky spacecraft that became the norm for Beryllia certainly reflected this sensibility. Beryllians always liked to live in the large, so overly bulky ships weren't a problem. And the only other reason they hadn't moved beyond the design was because the ships not only looked like rocks, they were hard as rocks, and took damage very well.

Van had originally hoped to eventually come to a pirate-friendly dock and trade his cargo for money that would pay for a good re-painting on the hull, and some luxury accoutrements. Sadly, he was now stuck at the Bar, with possibly-damaged cargo, and a girl to impress. Great, the Pirate thought, But, maybe I can do this.

He turned towards Ewa, and gestured at his vessel, "This, my dear lady," he said with enough flourish to gag a pea****, "is what you would call the luxury Beryllian space-yacht. Except it's also the Pirate ship, and looks it, don't you think? My ride, the Palkoris."

He slid out a short, wand-like device he had clipped to his new pants, and waved it before Palkoris. A ribbon of light flowed from the wand, and Van made an elaborate pattern. The ship's computer recognized the pattern, and lowered a large block to the ground. The block then opened up into a series of stairs, brushed smooth so that walking up them would not be challenging.

"Since you're not of the cargo, we won't use the ramp, chaasi."

Van walked on ahead into a a fairly well-lit and surprisingly intact lounge area. It was fairly large-ish, comfortable enough for four or five people to sit down and relax. The room was aglow with a pale, warm, yellow light. Two blue curved crescent-shaped communal cushions surrounded a little table that had thankfully not budged an inch in the crash. Naturally, the blankets, pillows, and plants had been jostled around, but the storage panels were closed, which meant the food, drinkware, and other such things were still safely stored away.

The Lounge was connected to a set of stairs that wound their way up to the second level, where the Bridge and Captain's quarters where. And, below the Lounge was the bathing area, where Beryllian noblemen could partake in a warm bath or clean themselves in a shower, even in the lonely depths of space. Three bedrooms were connected to the Lounge, and though they would have been used by crew members or guests, Van was using them as storage space, for now. His cargohold was filled to the brim with all sorts of loot, and the Vivalite was a sudden opportunity he wanted to smuggle before cashing in on his stolen Sedvarian spices, and the more practical crates of ship parts and tools.

Concerned about his Vivalite, as it was far more fragile than spices or stacks of heat shields, Van rushed ahead up into one of the three rooms on the Lounge floor, slid open the doors, and groaned. The rugged metal crates certainly looked out-of-place in this jungle of bright purples, yellows, pinks, and exuberant alien silks, but it was their current position that disappointed him the most. The crates were also jostled haphazardly against the wall, and one was even broken open by the force of the impact, and leaking the tell-tale green liquid that was Vivalte. Panicked, Van suddenly ran from that room, and checked the two others, only to see the same disappointing sight. "Visht. Iko-nyah, sandar vikul ond'la..." (Sh*t. The cargo's totally ruined...)

Exasperated, he turned, only to realize that Ewa was to come aboard. Van grinned, and figured maintenance and more thorough checks would have to wait. He had to show her way to the facilities where she could clean the blood off.

"Come on in, come on in! Don't worry about the mess, I have much to do on the clean up, anyways, chaa. Mmm, the bathrooms are on the downstairs to your right, I'll show you how to get them started. The water-tanks are mostly full, since I'm the only one who really uses them to bathe. Most pirates are, " Van frowned sourly, "Less then hygienic. Not squeaky clean. Not like me!"

It was then that Van remembered his hair. It was still a bit of a mess from the crash. He figured he had to do something up in his room, while she bathed, before surrendering it to her to change in.

Delightful. Finally, I have a chick on my ship again!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:06:04 PM by pyrebird »
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1496 on: July 24, 2011, 07:17:35 PM »
Van's ship was just as ugly as Ewa remembered, and also rather dented.  I guess only the bar itself has self-repairing abilities.  Whatever points she might have given it for looking solid, she'd have to take away again for looking like a complete waste of materials.  Wherever Van had gotten that beast, it must have been a place rich in resources and poor in aesthetic taste.

He turned towards Ewa, and gestured at his vessel, "This, my dear lady," he said with enough flourish to gag a pea****, "is what you would call the luxury Beryllian space-yacht. Except it's also the Pirate ship, and looks it, don't you think? My ride, the Palkoris."

Ewa hoped some of his pride was meant as a joke, but she wasn't sure.  "Certainly you never have to worry about your ship outshining you, Captain."  She followed him up into the ship into a sort of living/common room.  The crash had left it a bit out of sorts, but other than that it looked comfortable.  And white.  Ewa didn't think she was dripping blood though, so that was probably okay.

Apparently Van hadn't had a look at his ship since it crashed, because he immediately ran off to check a separate room, then another muttering what was probably a string of curses to himself.  Odd way to transport goods.  I wonder what the idea behind that was.  After a few moments he came back to her.

"Come on in, come on in! Don't worry about the mess, I have much to do on the clean up, anyways, chaa. Mmm, the bathrooms are on the downstairs to your right, I'll show you how to get them started. The water-tanks are mostly full, since I'm the only one who really uses them to bathe. Most pirates are, " Van frowned sourly, "Less then hygienic. Not squeaky clean. Not like me!"

"I'm hardly in a position to judge at the moment," she waggled her blood-covered hands a bit for emphasis.  "Thank you for inviting me aboard."  She began down the stairs Van had indicated. I hope I don't have to open any doors on the way.
Work is for the weak

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #1497 on: July 24, 2011, 08:48:13 PM »
~The Palkoris~

Van grinned in response to her statement regarding judgement. She was like any other person, quick to figure the ship was as useless as its heft. Not such a big deal to him, really. Most people wouldn't attack a ship like this unless they either really hated Beryllians, or knew he was a Pirate. And even then, they would be treated to return fire from his many hidden guns and weapons. That is, unless simply let them run out of firepower, first and saved his ammunition for more important skirmishes.

"Right, I'll just open everything up," he headed towards the door leading to the lower level, punched a code to free-unlock, and then it automatically whooshed open. Van carefully made his way down the stairs, as light filled the bathing area below.

A traditional Beryllian bathtub was already beginning to fill with steamy, hot water, and colorful towels that hadn't been touched still hung on racks by a pristine shower stall. Various kinds of shampoos and other products, that seem to have seen little use by anyone but Van, were arranged by the stall. A sweet scent punctuated the sir, and Van sniffed happily, "Mmm, were it not for the femaleness, I'd slip in, too!"

Then, he grinned deviously, "Or, I could forget all that, and slip in anyways. ....Ehhh, nah. Should I tell you how this stuff works, or would you prefer to be lonely, er, alone, chaa?"
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1498 on: July 24, 2011, 09:22:07 PM »
~The Palkoris~

Ewa moved aside as Van brushed by her to open the door and start down the stairs.  That does make things easier.  The stairs led into an impressively large bathing room.  The bath was already filling with scented water and there was also a shower stall and various sorts of soaps to use.

"Very nice," Ewa said, impressed.  She moved over to the bath and rinsed her hands off.  It was terribly annoying not being able to use them.  As she dried her hands, she laughed.  "I could do with some lonesomeness for now, but I'll let you know if it gets to be too much to bear."  She winked at him.  "Perhaps you'd better show me how some of this works.  I'd feel like a complete idiot if I had to run out of here because the bath was overflowing or I mistook a metal solvent for soap or something.  Also," she began taking things out of her pockets and setting them aside, careful to keep her supplement vials hidden in the bandages, "would you have some way cleaning these while I'm here?" She gestured to her blood spattered clothes.  Her coat sleeves and the knees of her pants were particularly bad.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 10:33:41 PM by Fluttershy (AmberKatira) »
Work is for the weak

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #1499 on: July 24, 2011, 09:47:41 PM »
~The Palkoris~

"I'll be happy to clean whatever you've got. Let's see... Ah, right," Van said, as he moved to the shower, "Let me show you how this works, chaa."

He gestured at the shower panel, and carefully explained its functions. The language was Beryllian, and while most people where he was from could read the language to some extent, he had to run through the basics a few times, just to ensure she got it. The soaps and shampoos, and other products, thank goodness, were legit goods that had multilingual labeling.

"The bath has a variety of the scents you can switch to. At the moment, it's set to, mmm... Dan Berries and other plants form the homeworld. This panel here is accessible, and gives you the choices. I'll see if I can switch the on-board language to Common, so don't brain out that you'll be stuck with my tongue for long."

The Pirate headed back over to where Ewa and carefully laid out some things, and grinned back, "If you place your clothes on that platform right by the shower, it will make a the matter-to-energy conversion and go to where the laundry is taken care of. I'll try to figure it out. Uhm, the clothes of myself could fit you, but for now, you can use this robe."

Van walked over and opened a panel from the wall, and placed silky, light blue robe with gold trim by the bath.

Smiling, he gave her a wink, "Well, I'll be off. Just sit a little tightly, and everything should be readable."

Then, he headed back up, carrying the items she left out up to the Bridge. There, things were still clearly a mess. The window he was thrown out of during the crash hadn't fared so well, and his neuro-link system looked pretty bad. The costs of recovering the damages were going to be high, just by a technical standpoint. Van dreaded the thought of having to recalibrate the ship to respond to his thoughts, as well.

At least the computer itself was working, though! He reached over, and turned on the manual controls. Without the neuro-link on, Van was stuck swiping through window after window until he changed the language to Galactic Common. Ewa was probably undressing now, and wouldn't notice the change until she stepped into the shower. He figured that thanks to the language change, she would be able to navigate from there. The toilet was behind the sliding door by the shower, for example, and a sign had indicated it. Van forgot to explain where it was, so this should help.

"Now, to more of the urgent business," he said to himself, "Cleaning her stuff, and then seeing if I could find some of the suitable clothes for her- ah! I forgot! Those!"

Forgetting her supplies, Van rushed off to the Captain's room, and began a wild search for something...