Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196495 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1275 on: June 30, 2011, 09:14:46 PM »
"That is exactly what I am attempting to figure out," Zorish says with a bland smile. "So you know me? Or knew me. Maybe you can be of assistance, then. After I speak with my host's murderer I should like to speak with you, War-Prince." He turns back to the Corliss, eying the comm link.

"Terenia," he says, voice becoming terse. "I want to know exactly why you decided to murder my host, and exactly how you managed to successfully separate her from myself."

There is no sound from the comm link. It is still clearly connected to the pool, but Terenia is evidently unwilling to offer or incapable of a response.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 09:19:06 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1276 on: June 30, 2011, 09:39:12 PM »
Salem put his hand to his chin where Rathien's knife had been. When he drew his hand away to look at it, there was a single drop of blood.

"Of course Al wouldn't mind. You'd be surprised by the stuff that android's into," he said, still smirking. "You know, if I didn't think you'd be such a bad customer, I could get you a real knife, and not that silly thing you're carrying around."

He kept an eye on the situation unfolding across the bar- Zorish, looking tense, and Corliss, looking... slightly deranged, if anything. The War Prince walked in. Salem wondered if he'd get a chance to speak with him before he ran off again. And now Corliss was drawing his weapon... Salem rolled his eyes. He was so very tempted to just shoot Corliss. The Yeerk was causing him nothing but trouble.

"If you're not capable of discussing matters professionally, I do have more important things to deal with." He turned and moved towards Illim, taking the seat next to him. Salem then swiveled his stool back to Rathien and grinned, "At some point you'll realize that you're in over your head chasing me."

Al laughed and walked over to Van, "If you like, though, I could give you some pointers on playing one. It's one of my favorite Earth instruments," he winked at Ewa again. "I even know a few techniques involving that gun, if you're interested." He never stopped paying attention to Salem and Rathien, but as an android, he didn't have to be looking at them to see them. Now would not be the time to start playing the piano. He didn't know if that might be enough for Rathien to spot him, but he wasn't about to take the chance. This paranoia... he wasn't used to having to live like this. It tended to be more Salem's thing.

"In the meantime, you've got to tell me where you got your clothes," he said to Van. "They're almost Geolizian, but more... well, humanoid." He looked over at Ewa and Jasper, and then indicated a table, "Let's all have a seat, yeah? I'm Al," he said, smiling brightly and holding out his hand for Van to shake.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #1277 on: June 30, 2011, 09:55:46 PM »
"She didn't separate you from your host," Corliss says in an attempt to defend Terenia, keep her from having to speak, anything that would stop... "Your host was...damaged.  It was a mercy, I swear to you."

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1278 on: June 30, 2011, 10:12:11 PM »
"Damaged?" Zorish repeats, glancing at Corliss. "Beyond repair? That seems unlikely. As I already stated to your brother, I tend to avoid putting us in situations that could result in physical harm. Voluntary hosts such as Tamora are hard to come by; I hardly fancy searching for a new one."

Efaen snorts through her nose slits, giving Corliss a derisive look. <Your attempts to protect the human are pitiful, Yeerk,> she says. She smiles a cold Andalite smile as she turns to Zorish. <Yeerk, I do not know the details behind your own death, but your host was indeed brutally murdered by Terenia.>

"Fine," Zorish waves his hand dismissively, "That much has been verified by several sources so far. What I want to know is why."

<I need to see her,> Terenia's voice comes abruptly over the comm link, interrupting their conversation.

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #1279 on: June 30, 2011, 11:04:08 PM »
Corliss looks over at the link, surprised.  "Terenia," he says warily, "are you...sure about this?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1280 on: June 30, 2011, 11:11:48 PM »
<No,> Terenia snaps, irate. <I'm not sure. How the hell could I be sure about this? How could I ever be sure about seeing my sister alive not more than a few days after she was buried? I just need to see her anyways, alright!?>

"Sister?" Zorish repeats, tilting his head. He looks from Corliss to Efaen to Ossanlin. "What does she mean, 'sister'? Tamora has no sister."

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1281 on: June 30, 2011, 11:14:31 PM »
Jasper shrugs. "Sure, why not?" He says. He realizes that he's still holding part of his sandwich in hand. He'd forgotten it was there while he was talking. He left the plate on the bar, made a slightly apologetic face at the barkeep, and turned to the table, munching the last bit of his sandwich as he did. He pulled out a seat, and started to sit down.

<<Shouldn't ...we let her sit first?>>
<< O...kay. Sure. Since when have you been Mr. Chivalry?>>
<<What? I like... hold doors and stuff. I'm just being polite, okay?>>
Sapttus smiled. He then realized that he was smiling in front of anyone for no apparent reason. With a bit of a flourish, he pulled out the seat he was about to sit in and held his hand over it, showing Ms. Ewa her seat. "After you, ma'am."

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1282 on: July 01, 2011, 12:18:05 AM »
Sitting down did seem like a good idea to Ewa.  On the other side of the bar, Corliss and Zorish were shouting.  A female Andalite was involved and more and more people seemed to be interested.  So was Ewa, but Corliss still had his weapon drawn and she nothing about the situation.  This way we can stop Van from shooting the piano, make ourselves smaller targets, and I'll have three people to tell me what's going on.

Leaving a small, encouraging smile for Van, Ewa moved over to the table Al had claimed.  Jasper had almost sat down, but then stood with a grin unfurling across his face.

With a bit of a flourish, he pulled out the seat he was about to sit in and held his hand over it, showing Ms. Ewa her seat. "After you, ma'am."

Ewa laughed.  "Why, thank you Sir."  She stepped over and, after a brief glance to assure herself that there was not some kind of practical joke in wait, accepted the chair.  "I should have guessed a Texan would upstage a man in a tux."
Work is for the weak

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1283 on: July 01, 2011, 02:02:23 AM »
<If I may, Zorish, you were separated from your host after capture when another Human willingly took you into his head. We had brought him aboard because he knew too much about something else that was going on, and made a temporary alliance with you. There was quite a bit of passing from Human to Human, actually, and you found out things about the rebellion that Myitt felt was too much of a risk for just a memory wipe. She killed you via Kandrona leeching. The only damage I could see Tamora being in would be having a voluntary relationship with an Imperial. It's a complex story, really.>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1284 on: July 01, 2011, 09:59:28 AM »
Serid follows Ossanlin into the building, stopping in the doorway to survey the situation. He spots Illim immediately, but his eyes track to Claxter, who is speaking directly to, it appears, an Imperial. One that Ossanlin recognizes. At the mention of "rebellion" and "Myitt," he steps forward, his eyebrows drawing down.

<<Warrior, are you divulging rebellion information to an individual within the Empire?>> he asks Claxter with another quick glance to Illim.  His thought-speak tone is urgent.

He should not care, he thinks, about Illim's wellbeing, but he was indebted to the Yeerk for rescuing him. Besides, he was the first friend he had had since the Academy.

Illim is distracted from his close observation of what is happening around Corliss by Salem's intrusion. "Seems like you attract trouble," he mutters to the man. "That may not be the best for me, you know. I'm trying to keep my host and myself alive and well." He finally takes his first sip of beer.

<<Yeah, hopefully I can get around this Salem fellow if Corliss needs me.>>
Aluminator's RAFsister

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1285 on: July 01, 2011, 10:16:35 AM »
"My Momma raised me right..." Jasper said.

<<Are... are you hitting on this girl?>>
<<What? No! I'm not... no! Geez, why can't a guy just be polite and all?>>
<<Jasper, do keep in mind that I am currently wrapped around every part of your brain. I ask you these things out of courtesy, even when I already know. It sure feels like you're being just ever-so-slightly too nice.>>
<<You're crazy, man.>>

Turning to Van, who was just that side of unnervingly unhuman, Sapttus took his turn being the gentleman. "I don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting yet, sir...."

<<..are you sure it's a 'sir'? How can you tell.>>
<<It's an educated guess.>>
<<...works for me....>>

"My name is Jasper, nice to meet you." He felt slightly out of place uplaying all the formal etiquette like this, but nonetheless he followed through and held out his hand, hoping that shaking hands wasn't some horrible sign of offense to this fella. Er... he was pretty sure it was a 'fella'...

<<Oi...>>

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1286 on: July 01, 2011, 11:01:17 AM »
Claxter was slightly surprised when Serid spoke to him with thought speech. He knew he probably shouldn't be surprised. Serid sounded like an Andalite name, and in this place one shouldn't just assume a Human looking creature is such.

<<I am only talking about Terenia. Not anything regarding the rebellion. This controller is an alternate universe version of someone who had close dealings with Terenia, and has come because he heard about his other universe's self dying somehow. I don't intend to compromize the rebellion, assuming not many rebels are like Corliss here.>>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1287 on: July 01, 2011, 12:31:09 PM »
No one seems to be answering Zorish's question, but it is becoming clear that the Andalite's are infinitely more useful than the Yeerks here. <<That's what I get for talking to traitors,>> he mutters.

"Corliss," he says curtly. "The girl says that she wishes to speak with me face to face. She is aboard your ship, so I expect you to be able to arrange this. Let me know when you are prepared to allow me access." He turns away from the comm link, which is projecting only static once more, and to the Andalites that have been most helpful. The female and the young male.

"You," he says to Claxter. "You seem to have detailed knowledge regarding my situation with Myitt. I would like to speak with you about it more thoroughly. And you-" he glances at Efaen "-seem to have information about this Terenia. If both of you would accompany me outside, we can speak in a less crowded setting."

Efaen's main eyes narrow slightly at the presumption that she will follow the Sub-Visser. <As intriguing as your situation may be, Yeerk, I have pressing matters of my own to deal with,> she says. <Your host and her sister are no longer a part of my life and I do not with to ingratiate myself in Terenia's problems ever again. Your mere existence led to years of servitude and torment and I am done with it.> She glances at Corliss. <I have my own business with the rebel Yeerk that needs tending to.>

"Very well," Zorish says with a shrug. He looks at Claxter, then Ossanlin. "War-Prince Ossanlin," he keeps the sneer from his voice best he can at the title. "I would be grateful for any information you could provide as well." He turns and begins walking towards the door, hoping that at least one of the Andalites will follow to a quieter area. The number of humans, Yeerks and Andalites surrounding Corliss was beginning to become unsettling. As he walks, he glances over his shoulder frequently, not trusting the Andalite's blades. His fingers curl tightly around his Dracon as he weaves around the tables and towards the door.

<<She said sister too,>> Tamora says. <<What are they talking about?>>

<<I do not know,>> Zorish snaps impatiently.

<<Teresa has been dead for over a decade,>> Tamora insists, her thoughts edged with panic.

<<I am aware, Tamora,>> Zorish sighs, pushing the bar door open and stepping out into the cool night air. <<I am familiar with your memories, if you'll recall.>>
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 05:49:36 PM by Terenia [Teach] »

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1288 on: July 01, 2011, 12:51:01 PM »
Claxter hesitated to follow Zorish. He did, afterall, have a weapon in hand. Besides, would the information Claxter could give compromise the rebellion? Should he care? Well, with Efaen joining and his Prince having an ally there, it would be bad of him to endanger them. With a glance to his superior with a stalk eye, he started following Zorish outside.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1289 on: July 01, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »
<<Very well,>> Serid gives a small nod to Claxter, turning to watch him as he walks. His voice sounds doubtful. <<I, perhaps boldly, make a request that you not harm the rebellion, even accidentally. Ask yourself what you owe this Imperial; I do not know him, so perhaps a great deal, but I would be wary of siding with him over even someone like Corliss.>>

With that, he turns, moving slowly towards Illim's side of the room.
Aluminator's RAFsister