Author Topic: Rerelease Animorphs  (Read 4257 times)

Offline wolfev

Rerelease Animorphs
« on: September 01, 2008, 11:12:19 PM »
Who thinks that not enough people know about the Animorphs? I think that Scholastic should rerelease the entire series from the beginning to a new generation. It just seems right and that it would work.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline elelohesterling

• See... I'm an ugly pretty boy :D
Re: Rerelease Animorphs
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:24:02 PM »
Agreed, all they would really have to do is a change few references to TV shows and such of this generation, make it more popular.
WOOT!

Terenia is RAFdating a ugly pretty boy :D

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 11:25:58 PM »
That'd be awesome if they did, but I doubt Scholastic would still be interested in investing in Animorphs unless it was producing something new (like a movie) or a reasonable amount of profit off the regular books.

If they did re-release the series, I would love it if they redid the covers and the artwork. Nothing against David Mattingly's covers, because they're awesome, but if they're going to re-release the series, then I say why the heck not? lol :P

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 11:36:27 PM »
As long as they don't decide to reillustrate the covers ala Goosebumps.

The new ones (esp. for Be Careful What You Wish For... and Stay Out of the Basement) are so bad
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline XenomorphLV426

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 01:30:45 AM »
What are you talking about?  Mattingly's art was horrid.

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 02:57:30 AM »
I actually like his covers. They may be a bit outdated now, but at the time that digital morphing software was still something new, expensive, and experimental. I don't think there even is any other book series that had to come up with morphing transitions with live animals like Animorphs on a monthly basis, so cut him some slack.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Slushie Man

• Just a passing-through Nerd
  • Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 11:55:03 AM »
The original covers ranged from VERY good to Meh, but if they were to re-release them, then yeah, I'd like to see new covers.

And yeah, the new Goosebumps covers are horrible. Stay of the Basement's original cover was creepy for kids, while the new cover is nothing short of a joke. I haven't seen the new cover for Be Careful What You Wish For yet though.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 12:02:30 PM »
They probably wouldn't rerelease unless something new was going on. If they did, they should probably change some things early in the books that were retconned later.

Like taking out the part where Jake uses thought speak in the first book, and where ax says he can't use thought speak in his Human form. Also change the word undervisser that was used in book six to subvisser.

You know, stuff like that. It would make things a little less confusing, and wouldn't alter the main pot or the overall message KA was trying to get across.

Until then, lucky people like that have Ebooks and active sites like RAF.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline wotw2112

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 03:17:03 PM »
I would love to see a rerealease.  And except for a few obvious errors (noted by Daphnes) I think it would be wise to do so while it was still relevant enough not to need and entire rewrite.

New covers would be an almost must.

A rerelease would likely be the only thing that could lead to a new series/movie.  Not the other way around.
"Well, that idea might make a stupid idea feel better about itself."
"His goat killed you?"
"I love you shovel."
"Your conscience calls you on the telephone?"

Offline musicman88

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 07:50:20 PM »
A re-release would be nice, but I don't really see any way it would happen.  Not even a movie release would get them to start re-printing the books IMO.
YOU'RE WINNER !

Offline XenomorphLV426

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 08:48:28 PM »
A re-release would be nice, but I don't really see any way it would happen.  Not even a movie release would get them to start re-printing the books IMO.

Uhm...yes it would.

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 10:40:52 PM »
R.L. Stein has started a new limited-run Goosebumps series, and that got Schoolastic to re-release half of the original series, with the other half to follow if the sales are good enough.

So yes, it wouldn't take a whole lot to get the Animophs books re-released, as long as there's something new coming out for it.

Offline wolfev

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 11:10:09 PM »
yea, this is why K.A. needs to write another book. Or heck another extension with new characters or something. Didn't that work for The Warriors? Same Universe different plot. Please K.A., write another story so that the whole series can come back! Should we petition? Or get the forum to write letters?
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Slushie Man

• Gold Donor
    • The B-Movie Shelf
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 11:17:24 PM »
It's not up to her. It's up to Schoolastic. They own the rights. She can't do anything unless they're the ones that approach her for it. And since about half the series was ghost written anyway, I don't think she really have a drive to do more.

esplin

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 02:03:01 PM »
yeah i wish they would do this, i also wish that KA would redo all the books herself while they are at it