Author Topic: Hey Everyone!  (Read 1264 times)

Offline animorphs778

Hey Everyone!
« on: September 24, 2013, 11:33:17 PM »
Where do I begin!?

Hello, my name is Ryan. I am so glad I found this site!! And to be amongst fans who can relate to my madness for this franchise/series, etc!

I have been a fan of Animorphs ever since the books were first released. I was HOOKED on the tv show, so sad it was cancelled. When it ended, that kind of reminded of how the last book ended lol it was up to us the viewers (readers) to imagine what happens next.

I am still waiting for Animorphs to be released on DVD! I have been waiting since Beast Wars first came out on DVD (not the re-releases) haha. I got so excited when Qubo started to re-air this short-lived series. As I am sure many of you are doing, I am recording them so I can finally have better qualities than the only ones we can find online.

However, I had to go old school because I don't have the funds really to spend for a device that rips directly off of my tv to my laptop  :'(, so I am recording onto VHS! Last morning when I was recording (4am-5am_Animorphs), my new tape I put in somehow is defected and screwed up on one of my favorite episodes, "Not My Problem."

Now I am in this mode where I don't care what anything costs, I need to rip directly from my cable box to my laptop, screw VCR. I needed 5 episodes left!! Now I have to wait until these 2 air again!

Anyway, is there anyone on here who is doing this (rip directly from tv/cable box into their Mac/PC), if so what do you use? I own a Mac.

Thanks for reading and I will be on here daily! Sorry if I typed too much  :-\

redtailedsaffa

Re: Hey Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 12:14:50 AM »
Hello there! I'm Saffa, from India. Nice to meet you! :)

I watched the TV series through YouTube, lol. At least, how many ever episodes I could before stupid things like final exams got in the way. I enjoyed Not My Problem too, it was one of the better episodes considering the whole series mashed up the books a bit too much, which I felt really bitter towards Nickelodeon for. >:(

Offline Sorunome

• Muffins
  • Xtreme Member
  • Imma pony
    • My Website (You might loose THE GAME)
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 01:21:17 AM »
Hi there! Welcome to RAF!
I hope you enjoy your stay with all we crazy people/birds/ponies/phoenixes/whatever!
Have a muffin:

Offline animorphs778

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 03:08:53 AM »
Hello there! I'm Saffa, from India. Nice to meet you! :)

I watched the TV series through YouTube, lol. At least, how many ever episodes I could before stupid things like final exams got in the way. I enjoyed Not My Problem too, it was one of the better episodes considering the whole series mashed up the books a bit too much, which I felt really bitter towards Nickelodeon for. >:(

India, wow cool! Yeah I did not like what Nickelodeon did to the series, so I just looked at the series as a different take on Animorphs. That made me enjoy it more. It's nice to meet you too!

Hi there! Welcome to RAF!
I hope you enjoy your stay with all we crazy people/birds/ponies/phoenixes/whatever!
Have a muffin:

Thanks!!!

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 03:34:45 AM »
LOL, not all that cool, more like annoyingly insane... And finding Animorphs books is a pain in the butt here, which is why RAF's ebooks (when they had them) saved me. Where are you from?

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2013, 07:54:13 AM »
Welcome to RAF! :D I'm Steph. Nice to meet you!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2013, 08:53:12 AM »
Hello hello! Welcome to RAF. I'm Aluminator. Nice to meet you ^_^

I know we've had a few people around here who, if nothing else, have been moving around episodes of the show online. I can't remember who or how off the top of my head, though... in any case, this is the right place to be asking that question ^_^

I hope you decide to stay here and continue to talk to us even after you manage to get the episodes ripped. This is a great little community, and I'd love to see you around ^_^

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline animorphs778

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 05:47:02 PM »
LOL, not all that cool, more like annoyingly insane... And finding Animorphs books is a pain in the butt here, which is why RAF's ebooks (when they had them) saved me. Where are you from?

Wow! More replies haha, I will try to reply to all. Okay, first up, I am from PA. I have books 1-35, 45, 54, The Andalite Chronicles, Megamorphs #1 parts 1 and 2, Megamorphs #3, Meet the Stars of Animorphs, a big poster of Animorphs of the tv show and the PS1 video game. Oh and all vhs tape volumes (4) from the US. I found out that in Australia they released 7 volumes containing 20 episodes which is the first season. I have no idea why the US couldn't get that.

I found out that the higher you go in the books, the harder they are to find, especially if you want to buy in chunks (40-50, etc). On eBay they are like $6+ each. That can get pricey. So I am still missing quite a few, but I do have a majority of the books.

Hi Steph, nice to meet you!

Hi Aluminator, nice to meet you as well! Hey if anyone has decent quality episodes (ripped straight off of their cable box), I am all for those! The whole reason why I started to record them is so I can "share" these so everyone can enjoy better quality rips than the ones we already have. Episodes 23-26 are down right horrible on any "sharing file" I have found.

I know what I am doing (ripping onto my VHS) isn't the best quality, but it is a definite improvement than the ones we have, especially the later episodes. Also I will label them as "Qubo" rips because Qubo did change the intro and I believe the original broadcast order (perhaps they are going in the chronological order instead). I may even add the first episode rip off of the Animorph tape I have because there is a beginning part where Jake is sitting in his room talking to his camera which was only shown on the vhs' that were released if I remember correctly.

Sorry if this was way to much to type! And I am not one of those people who gets what they want and walks away. I will be here for a very long time ;)

Offline Underseen

• One of RAFs resident ShapeShifters
  • Xtreme Member
  • Feisty Generation Fifteen
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 07:01:39 PM »
You can download true full episodes from YouTube using websites like YouTube mp4
RAF awards 2012: Best Newcomer... It feels good too

Well, Blue is my RAFcousin.
 Blaze is my RAFbrother and formidable rival.

Offline animorphs778

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 07:44:45 PM »
You can download true full episodes from YouTube using websites like YouTube mp4

The quality that I found weren't that good. You have a link for the person on YouTube who uploaded the episodes?