Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 237503 times)

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #1935 on: June 23, 2015, 10:17:18 PM »
That always really confused me as well Dino. I finally decided that Erek must have overheard some low ranking yeerks talking, yeerks who had heard about the Visser's plans for the summit  through the grapevine and probably didn't have accurate information.
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #1936 on: June 24, 2015, 04:35:25 PM »
That or Clinton was actually a controller the whole time. :eyebrow:

...Nah, except he'd still be far away from the only major yeerk pool.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #1937 on: June 24, 2015, 06:21:45 PM »
That or Clinton was actually a controller the whole time. :eyebrow:

...Nah, except he'd still be far away from the only major yeerk pool.

Doesn't the White House have a swimming pool Clinton's Yeerk could use?

Offline Quaf

• Andre, the seventh animorph
  • Gold Donor
  • be excellent to each other and party on dudes
« Reply #1938 on: June 24, 2015, 11:25:34 PM »
We never found out who that leader was did we? I really need to reread.
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

Offline Quaf

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1939 on: June 24, 2015, 11:31:52 PM »
No way, it would be Kim Jong-un :P
Well, I'm the boss... Head Honcho. El Numero Uno. Mr. Big. The Godfather. Lord of the Rings. The Bourne... Identity. Er... Taxi Driver. Jaws. I forgot the question quite a while back. Who are you, again?

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #1940 on: June 24, 2015, 11:57:06 PM »
When Animorping becomes commonplace, racism will become totally silly, since whites will be able to morph blacks and vice versa!

redtailedsaffa

« Reply #1941 on: June 25, 2015, 12:50:46 AM »
But would they want to?

That's how racism works, kid.

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #1942 on: June 25, 2015, 12:55:18 AM »
But would they want to?

That's how racism works, kid.

My point is that some blacks would be morphing whites and vice versa.  Those who want to discriminate based on race would be able to tell true whites from fake whites, or true blacks from fake blacks.   KKKers would be utterly confused!

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #1943 on: June 25, 2015, 06:38:23 PM »
Oh, yes, that's a lovely idea.  And, while we're at it, why don't all the gays just stay in the closet forever to avoid the bigots, why don't all women go the transgender route to avoid sexism, and why doesn't everyone in the world just act exactly the same as everyone else to avoid anyone who might ever disagree with the way they think?

Yeah that was sarcasm in case you didn't pick up on that.  ::)

SmartGirl333

« Reply #1944 on: June 25, 2015, 07:59:43 PM »
-eats popcorn in the corner-

Offline Quaf

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1945 on: June 25, 2015, 08:07:07 PM »
*steals some popcorn*

Offline NickDaGriff

• RAF's resident geeky gryphon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #1946 on: June 25, 2015, 09:17:04 PM »
In my experience, small sects of paranoid isolationist bigots don't react well to confusion.  They tend to just make themselves more paranoid, isolated, and bigoted in response.  Racism isn't just one group of people making fun of another.  It's one group feeling the need to regard another as an inferior, or the enemy.  To someone in the KKK, a black person is the toxin that's polluting their great country, and anyone who collaborates with them to topple white supremacy is their enemy.  Morphing wouldn't help the issue, just potentially make it worse.  Just look at all the backlash against Rachel Dolezal's outing, from every side.  So many people are calling her a traitor, just because she chose to put on makeup to make her hair and skin a few shades darker.

Ugh.  It's ugly.  Gimme some of that popcorn.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 09:18:38 PM by XenoFrobe »
[spoiler=A writer at heart:]
My sequel fic, Animorphs #55: The Following
My first Memoirs fic, A Geeky Gryphon's Origins

Offline pallosalama

« Reply #1947 on: June 26, 2015, 11:57:55 AM »
But back to the topic, I don't think it would at all be any good for the general public to have morphing powers, it'd just make things worse, especially in a society that isn't ready to deal with the possible consequences. You can absolutely bet that if morphing were widely available like that, people would use it for things like identity theft, framing people, and other such crimes. It would be so easy for someone with a grudge to force a person into becoming a nothlit by drugging or keeping them unconscious, or to fake your death and live as another person entirely. This isn't even taking into account the damage that could be done by using the morphing technology for its intended purposes. The Andalites didn't even trust it to their general public either.

Good points. However I think if not all, at least most of posts in this thread are just light-hearted thoughts shared without further incentive to weigh all cons and pros in real environment. After all if we did, it would be pretty boring.
Yet seeing your post made me think, "omg, I've never thought of that, you are an evil genius".

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #1948 on: June 27, 2015, 08:17:32 AM »
nothing brings the nostalgia like crippling pain in your ear....
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #1949 on: June 29, 2015, 10:01:40 AM »
Rachel's dad didn't even show up to her funeral... That's not cool.
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes