Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 226783 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2625 on: June 27, 2011, 04:07:14 PM »
There are also bookshelves and big comfy-type chairs. Although they might eat you too. That whole corner is kind of....not safe. Oh, and a jukebox. That will never play what you want it to play.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2626 on: June 27, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »
Derrel did actually sleep in the bed. No one mentioned anything afterwards, though.

Ani-Master 2014!

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2627 on: June 27, 2011, 08:38:06 PM »
...what's up with the piano? O.O

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2628 on: June 28, 2011, 11:25:29 AM »
Welp, Van's headed to the piano. Since we didn't get any flirting lessons started, why don't I have Van get eaten by a musical instrument?! Hoohoohoo.

Also, I really want to draw some pictures of the various races Van references all the time. Ahem, I guess I'll blather a bit.

The race he just mentioned now, the Argraavi of Planet Sekhor... Well, the only thing the Andalites and the Argraavi really share in common is four legs, a human-ish torso, and a bold warrior culture.

Beyond that, the Argraavi are an 8-foot tall, hairy, horned, muscular race that can crush your head like a grape given the opportunity. An Andalite War-Prince could fight toe-to-toe against one and win, given the huge advantage he would have in speed. Also, off-world Argraavi are burdened by the bio-suits they wear that regulate their body temperature, keeping them feeling nice and cool. Sekhor, the planet they come from, is easily be described as an inhospitable ball of ice and snow. I haven't fleshed everything out on them, but I do know that if the War-Prince, for example, tried fighting an Argraavi on one of their own ships or their homeworld... I think the poor Andalite would freeze his eyestalks off, first.

The Thyllians that Van keeps mentioning are a race of energy beings, whose ethereal "bodies" are connected by a series of lights (fifty, in all) which send pulses throughout their system allowing them individual thought, emotions, and intelligence. Thyllians can pulse different colors that are related to emotional state, and are unburdened by gravitational and most temperature differences. Using a form of controlled magnetism, they can hold and "touch" solid objects. And, though they prefer to arrange themselves in humanoid or other familiar forms, a native Thyllian looks like a cloud of light. Your average Thyllian is a harmless, peaceful, and ultimately curious being. They are incapable of lying, though they understand the concept, since their easy-to-read emotions betray any attempt at dishonesty. Thyllians can be used as an energy source, which is disgusting to some, highly efficient to others. They are much nicer than the Argraavi, by a long shot, unless of course, you count specific, uh, "disorders".

Both of these races have a representative Oligarchs in the government, and both these representatives... Well, let's just say they're not nice people. At all. Shenmue would know exactly who I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:33:35 AM by pyrebird »
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2629 on: June 29, 2011, 09:35:59 AM »
XD Yes. Oberon and Alastor are both bastards. Mar is familiar with both of them in the way that you're familiar with that guy in politics you want to murder but must act nice around. The fact that Mar can feel this about his allies really says a lot about the quality of Mar's personal relationships before he hit the Bar.

Anyway....here's the deal. My stress right now is so bad it'll be enough to make me physically ill in about three weeks. I feel like I have the joints of an arthritic woman and the tense shoulders of a paranoid secretary to a CEO. (Except if I was actually in that position I'd be screwing my own boss within six hours). Which means that effectively I am not creative enough to post here until the stress blows over. Luckily nobody I play is in a critical position, so you can do without me. I'm going to the beach for a few days, too. I figure the pain will blow over soon. This has happened before. So thanks for the indulgence. :3

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2630 on: June 29, 2011, 09:36:24 AM »
Woah...I'm sorry, I'm lost. Where is the Theta/Ogreon line at?
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2631 on: June 29, 2011, 10:30:14 AM »
Aw, feel better Kelleh! We will miss you!!!

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2632 on: June 29, 2011, 11:07:26 AM »
WOAH, I'm sorry I totally missed that!

I hope you feel better soon Shenmue!
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2633 on: June 29, 2011, 01:40:17 PM »
Woah...I'm sorry, I'm lost. Where is the Theta/Ogreon line at?

Ogreon's last line was here, on page 80: http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=7954.msg636292#msg636292
Theta-Pi continues his line of thought and then your posts stop on page 81. My reply began Page 82, and by now Van's moved on to the piano, by himself.

I'm going to post today, just not now. I have a weird (and totally unrelated!) plant drawing I'm working on!

EDIT: I posted some time ago. I'm just here to say: I love you, Rathien. What class, what class!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 05:38:51 PM by pyrebird »
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #2634 on: June 29, 2011, 07:34:07 PM »
Love you, Kelly. Hope things get better soon. <3
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2635 on: June 30, 2011, 10:29:51 AM »
Luke, that was such an awesome post for Rathien!  I am so glad I was the only one in lab when I read that, 'cause I couldn't help laughing.  Totally made my morning ^_^

+1
Work is for the weak

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2636 on: June 30, 2011, 12:47:31 PM »
Yeah, Rathien's cool.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #2637 on: June 30, 2011, 04:33:07 PM »
Thanks Amber and Chad.  ^^  Glad you guys like him, he's unique.  ;)  Now you guys can see why I wanted to play him so bad.  :p

And sorry Kelly, I don't know what's happened but you have my sympathies and I hope you feel better soon.  *hugs*
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2638 on: July 01, 2011, 12:11:48 PM »
Tamora has no sister? Search your heart. You know it to be true.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2639 on: July 01, 2011, 12:33:02 PM »
Tamora has no sister? Search your heart. You know it to be true.

*gigglesnort*

Ahhh, so many people talking to my characters! This is why I hate having all my characters in proximity with one another.....

Sorry if my latest post seems a bit ADD or disjointed or whatever....I had to address a number of people at once. I tried to separate everyone a bit so that it flows better. :P