Author Topic: In the first book, they morph a bunch at the Yeerk pool.  (Read 3362 times)

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
Re: In the first book, they morph a bunch at the Yeerk pool.
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 05:11:15 PM »
thick we already decided on that
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline cams

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2011, 07:16:07 AM »
They were probably in mid morph when they saw them, so no one could recinise the. By the way, the Animorphs term for that would be "an ellimist did it" (I read that somewhere on that SITE!)
But Rachel said that this controller has no respect for woman at all.

Offline Alan Fangor

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2011, 09:03:11 AM »
I think that there are other strange things in the first book. For example, the woman escaped riding on Cassie. So, there is a woman who knows everything about the Yeerks, and she's free. What about her? Did the yeerks try to kill or recapture her?

Maybe ths is a KASU.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 09:16:43 AM »
I think that there are other strange things in the first book. For example, the woman escaped riding on Cassie. So, there is a woman who knows everything about the Yeerks, and she's free. What about her? Did the yeerks try to kill or recapture her?

Remember that crazy woman from MM#1?  That woman is widely believed to be the same woman that Cassie rescued.

Anyway, about the subject at large, I'm guessing that the reason nobody suspected that the Animorphs were human is because Visser Three is a batsh** lunatic (as has been mentioned in the books as well as in this thread).  I can easily picture him responding to "Hey, I think maybe the Andalite bandits are human?" with <Are you implying that I am so incompetent as to be stifled by mere human youths!?!> Fwap!  That's the sound-effect for an Andalite's tail, for anyone with bad memory, by the way.

So it makes some amount of sense to me, without invoking the "Ellimist did it" clause.  It isn't that no Yeerk ever realized the Animorphs were human.  It's just that any Yeerk who came forward with that information quickly unrealized it.

NateSean

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 01:53:47 PM »

Anyway, about the subject at large, I'm guessing that the reason nobody suspected that the Animorphs were human is because Visser Three is a batsh** lunatic (as has been mentioned in the books as well as in this thread). 

They suspected it around The Messenger when the Animorphs morphed into trout and the controllers chasing them found their clothes.

I can easily picture him responding to "Hey, I think maybe the Andalite bandits are human?" with <Are you implying that I am so incompetent as to be stifled by mere human youths!?!> Fwap! 

And that's why Visser Three never caught in. If V1 or heck, any of the slightly more competent Vissers had been in control of Earth's invasion the Animorphs would have been routed and infested.

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 11:14:55 PM »
That's the sound-effect for an Andalite's tail, for anyone with bad memory, by the way.

I really dont think we need to be reminded
I am a Blazing Angel. Master of deviant traps and authentic barbecue. Brothers to Rukh the banner maker, Squall the Lionhearted and Underseen the generally sort of okay.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2011, 11:22:56 PM »
I really dont think we need to be reminded

:facepalm:  I'm a moron sometimes.  Which occasionally leads me to assume that other people are morons too, sorry about that.

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Ranked 56th in Most Posts
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's MVP of Roleplaying
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2011, 04:15:10 AM »
Well I don't know honestly what to think about it.The controllers COULD have saw them and kept quiet.They didn't see them all that well due to Visser Three or where just stupid and probably though they were other humans getting away(if during mid-morph I have no clue.).

Besides I am not an expert on this stuff,only the bird-boy stuff. :P

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2011, 09:17:25 AM »
Which occasionally leads me to assume that other people are morons too, sorry about that.

I would assume about 60% of the population his the idiot gland. The rest have the "no common sense" growth.

Offline yunyun

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Dreaming on :P
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2011, 06:16:37 PM »
     No. Someone must have seen them. My guess is, those Yeerks decided to keep quiet.

yeah, it's sorta impossible to morph/demorph in front of that much people without being noticed   
Starfire is my RAFcousin. :D
click?

Thanks Ouroborus! ^_^

Offline Blazing Angel

• God
  • Back to the original.
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2011, 07:32:29 PM »
ellemist invisibility cloak!

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2011, 02:21:00 AM »

Remember that crazy woman from MM#1?  That woman is widely believed to be the same woman that Cassie rescued.

And if there were ever a film adaptation of book 1 and a TV special of Megamorphs 1, then K.A. Applegate herself should play the part of that woman. :P

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2015, 09:26:33 PM »

Maybe ths is a KASU.

The Animorphs would have told her to keep quiet, and move far, far, away!