Author Topic: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts  (Read 236256 times)

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
Re: Totally Random Animorphs Thoughts
« Reply #1920 on: June 07, 2015, 06:29:05 PM »
She ended up happy to contrast everyone else who didn't.  By design.

Even then I guess she's going to end up miserable post-series, given the rest of the group all being taken out permanently.

Really don't know about "flat", either, a good part of the drama in the final arc all stems from Cassie, she's pretty damn firework-y there.

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1921 on: June 07, 2015, 06:54:54 PM »
Flat meaning she doesn't develop much, if any at all. By the end she is a bit more cynical, perhaps, but largely she's the same person in the end that she was in the beginning.

Ani-Master 2014!

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1922 on: June 07, 2015, 07:02:48 PM »
Totally disagree with that.  She compromises just like everyone else, she just held it together in the aftermath unlike Jake & Tobias.  Same can be said of Marco though.

SmartGirl333

« Reply #1923 on: June 08, 2015, 05:15:50 AM »
Nevertheless, she is the first example in CreatorsPet/Literature and oh holy **** am I taking my own bait?

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1924 on: June 08, 2015, 11:16:45 AM »
The Mary-Sue/Creator's Pet thing is so overblown with Cassie.  If she is, Marco is too.  They're just the ones where the "voice" of each writer comes through strongest, neither is shown as having preferential treatment or lacking flaws.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1925 on: June 08, 2015, 12:25:30 PM »
Marco doesn't get overly preachy, and I don't think the narrative bends around him to make sure that idiotic things he does don't blow up in everyone's face like it does with Cassie. When he threatens to leave the group, it's because his dad will likely commit suicide if he disappears. When she leaves the group, it's because she doesn't want to change from who she currently is. She decides that killing someone is so abhorent that trapping someone as a rat and dropping him off on a deserted island is MORE merciful. And then of course there's giving the morphing cube to the enemy on her own, after the last book she narrates where she said that the Yeerks getting the box would be the worst thing ever. With no real understand of why she changed her mind, other than the fact that for some reason she thought a tiger and a wolf couldn't easily capture a human controller alive, because he had a weapon.

Probably the worst thing Marco does is lie about Nora to his dad, and forget all about her later. Which is quite douchey, but doesn't endanger the world with his decision.

Whether he is a sue or not, he's still done better than she is.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #1926 on: June 08, 2015, 12:42:56 PM »
So I've started a summer reread, (thinking about making a tradition of it :P), and it's bringing some things  to mind that don't really belong in any particular threads and really don't need to be discussed at length in new threads. So yeah, just stuff

Visser Three really seems enjoy eating his minions

Probably for the same reason Ax enjoys eating Cinnibons!  I expect that Alloran in human form would be as overwhelmed by food as Ax is!

Offline Tim Bruening

« Reply #1927 on: June 08, 2015, 07:53:39 PM »
Yeerk Invasion 2015:  The Animorphs would have a hard time keeping their morphs secret, with all those people walking around wielding cell phone cameras!  You Tube would be full of videos of Animorphs and Visser 3 changing form!  Also You Tube videos of Controller cops engaging in police brutality.

Unless the Yeerks can take control of the various social media corporations.

The Yeerks would be able to utilize the NSA's vast phone and Internet records to track down the Animorphs.

But Ax might be able to use the NSA database to track down Controllers.

I expect that social media would be full of Sharing propaganda videos.

I would expect the Yeerks to deploy lots of drones to look for animals or people changing form.  There would also be drones at zoos and wildlife rehabilitation centers.

SmartGirl333

« Reply #1928 on: June 08, 2015, 10:18:21 PM »
Yeerk Invasion 2015:  The Animorphs would have a hard time keeping their morphs secret, with all those people walking around wielding cell phone cameras!  You Tube would be full of videos of Animorphs and Visser 3 changing form!  Also You Tube videos of Controller cops engaging in police brutality.

Unless the Yeerks can take control of the various social media corporations.

The Yeerks would be able to utilize the NSA's vast phone and Internet records to track down the Animorphs.

But Ax might be able to use the NSA database to track down Controllers.

I expect that social media would be full of Sharing propaganda videos.

I would expect the Yeerks to deploy lots of drones to look for animals or people changing form.  There would also be drones at zoos and wildlife rehabilitation centers.

tl;dr: if animorphs happened now **** would hit the fan way faster and there would be non-alien technobabble.

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
« Reply #1929 on: June 10, 2015, 03:17:27 PM »
Why are alien races always capitalized, but human never is
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline NickDaGriff

• RAF's resident geeky gryphon
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #1930 on: June 12, 2015, 04:10:37 PM »
My general rule is that you don't capitalize it if you're talking about the species, but capitalize it if you're talking about the people/culture (i.e., a pool for yeerks, the Yeerk empire, an andalite toilet, the Andalite fleet).  Not sure if that's grammatically correct or not, but it's what I do.  To the best of my knowledge, no one has ever come up with official grammar rules that really only apply to fantasy and sci-fi.
[spoiler=A writer at heart:]
My sequel fic, Animorphs #55: The Following
My first Memoirs fic, A Geeky Gryphon's Origins

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #1931 on: June 14, 2015, 01:34:28 AM »
You know how, in #18, the Animorphs basically became the conscious versions of leftover morph-mass from their mosquito morphs?

So, what happened when they morphed small animals again (which they did several times throughout the book)?  What would have happened if another ship came along and picked up the leftover morph-masses from that iteration of small-animal morphs?

Morph-ception.

Offline Nar Klawip

• Raf's Ever-Lovin' Blue-Eyed Howler
« Reply #1932 on: June 20, 2015, 12:37:44 PM »
You know how, in #18, the Animorphs basically became the conscious versions of leftover morph-mass from their mosquito morphs?

So, what happened when they morphed small animals again (which they did several times throughout the book)?  What would have happened if another ship came along and picked up the leftover morph-masses from that iteration of small-animal morphs?

Morph-ception.

The answer is don't think about it. ;)

Horkies is my new favorite way of referring to the hork bajir.
"When life gives you lemons you make lemonade. When a dying Andalite Prince gives you the morphing power? Well then you make miracles." ~Me

“Screams of a billion murdered stars give lie to the night's peace, while we cling desperately to the few fragile spinning stones we call worlds." ~Hasturi the Mad Perseid, Andromeda

“Well, remember what you said, because in a day or two, I'll have a witty and blistering retort! You'll be devastated THEN!” ~ Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

Offline Dylan

• Jeremy Jason McCole's #1 Fan
  • Xtreme Member
  • Do you just hate trashcans?
« Reply #1933 on: June 20, 2015, 01:07:12 PM »
If The Familiar was all just a dream based on Jake's memories and thoughts, Then where did the orff come from? I like the poparena's theory, but still pretty wierd. :P
Waffles. Nuf' Said.
2015: Best Newcomer to RAF
2015: Most Insane Member

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #1934 on: June 23, 2015, 08:45:15 PM »
*first time in my memory that this thread has ever been bumped clear down to the second page  :o*  This cannot stand.

I was just thinking the other day, about the supposed 'summit of world leaders' that the Yeerks were planning to attack (during the David trilogy).  Erek mentions that one of the leaders was already a controller, correct?

This . . . doesn't really make sense.  As far as we know, for pretty much the entirety of the series, the Yeerks have kept their Earth base of operations in and around the Animorphs' hometown.  We know they must not have Yeerk pools anywhere else, given that they're totally crippled every time something happens to that one Yeerk pool, right?  Yet, there's at least one guy IN ANOTHER COUNTRY supposedly walking with a Yeerk in his head.  Not to even mention that this guy is the LEADER of this country, and as such should have had no trouble at all establishing a Yeerk base of operations in whatever country he's leading (don't think it's ever mentioned which country it is).

Maybe he has his own portable Kandrona, so that he doesn't need to hop a plane to America every three days, but still, if he isn't at least working on infiltrating the population of that country and establishing a new Yeerk pool there, then he is supremely terrible at his job and the Yeerks need to give that host to somebody else.  :P

Either that, or Erek got his information screwed up, and there was never a pre-existing controller at that summit at all.  Come to think of it, that option is probably a lot more likely.