Author Topic: Rerelease Animorphs  (Read 4256 times)

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
Re: Rerelease Animorphs
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 03:03:01 PM »
They probably wouldn't rerelease unless something new was going on. If they did, they should probably change some things early in the books that were retconned later.

Like taking out the part where Jake uses thought speak in the first book, and where ax says he can't use thought speak in his Human form. Also change the word undervisser that was used in book six to subvisser.

You know, stuff like that. It would make things a little less confusing, and wouldn't alter the main pot or the overall message KA was trying to get across.

Until then, lucky people like that have Ebooks and active sites like RAF.

The thing about rewriting or fixing something from your past is that once you start changing even a little piece, you end up seeing the flaws in a whole lot of other things you did, making you want to change everything altogether. K.A likely had a slightly, yet a significantly different enough point of view about the series and about the message she was trying to get across when she was writing the series back then, than now, and that I doubt she would want to take up such a daunting task of revisiting her old writing because of that.

I'm not a professional writer by any means, but that's just the way I see it.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline wolfev

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 04:27:43 PM »
I was just wondering that with the War in Iraq going on with all the guerilla fighters that the animorphs might not piss off people.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2008, 09:20:49 AM »
They probably wouldn't rerelease unless something new was going on. If they did, they should probably change some things early in the books that were retconned later.

Like taking out the part where Jake uses thought speak in the first book, and where ax says he can't use thought speak in his Human form. Also change the word undervisser that was used in book six to subvisser.

You know, stuff like that. It would make things a little less confusing, and wouldn't alter the main pot or the overall message KA was trying to get across.

Until then, lucky people like that have Ebooks and active sites like RAF.

The thing about rewriting or fixing something from your past is that once you start changing even a little piece, you end up seeing the flaws in a whole lot of other things you did, making you want to change everything altogether. K.A likely had a slightly, yet a significantly different enough point of view about the series and about the message she was trying to get across when she was writing the series back then, than now, and that I doubt she would want to take up such a daunting task of revisiting her old writing because of that.

I'm not a professional writer by any means, but that's just the way I see it.

You have a point. Once she starts, she might find it hard to stop. Once she finished updating the stuff she retconned, she might see other things that need retconning.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline wolfev

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 06:36:07 PM »
I would like for her to release maybe a new series, with with animorphs in it, but not with the same characters. I think that's how Warriors was done. I think the main problem is that with the Andalites in the end giving everyone technology and the secrete being out it would be hard to do. I have an idea though, but I'm scared that if I say it K.A. won't use it. Though if she does read this I give full consent for her to do so. Since the morphing tech is declassified only to a few people on earth it would be interesting to see what would  happen if another group of kids were given the power because maybe the yeerks weren't all defeated. Who would believe that after the first defeat of the yeerks that they would come back and invade again in a similar manner? Furthermore, you don't have to worry about the animorphs from the previous books coming back because they are lost in space.
[img width= height= alt=" border="0]https://vspace.vassar.edu/evwaldron/warriors/banner2.jpg[/img]

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 06:54:14 PM »
I would like for her to release maybe a new series, with with animorphs in it, but not with the same characters. I think that's how Warriors was done. I think the main problem is that with the Andalites in the end giving everyone technology and the secrete being out it would be hard to do. I have an idea though, but I'm scared that if I say it K.A. won't use it. Though if she does read this I give full consent for her to do so. Since the morphing tech is declassified only to a few people on earth it would be interesting to see what would  happen if another group of kids were given the power because maybe the yeerks weren't all defeated. Who would believe that after the first defeat of the yeerks that they would come back and invade again in a similar manner? Furthermore, you don't have to worry about the animorphs from the previous books coming back because they are lost in space.

This reminds me about what they did with Ghostbusters. There was the old ghostbusters with the four guys, but then there was a new ghostbusters with some teens, and one guy from the old ghostbusters. I believe it was Egon. Since Cassie stayed behind, there could be a new installment with a new group of teens, plus Cassie. Cassie would be like 30+ years old, and serve as kind of an advisory role in the group. Like more of a secondary character than a main character.

Or just leave her out altogether. Personally I would have rather seen the old Animorphs go with the Free Hork-Bajir to save their homeworld than make a new installment with new Animorphs.

Something cool might be to have some Human criminals secretly break Visser Three out of prison. They want to use him to rule the world, but he winds up taking over the organization. Visser Three in a Human bdy, building up a criminal orginazation to attempt a new takeover of the world. Except his presense is almost unknown. His underlings will call him by his host's name, and such. He would be like Lex Luthor or the Kingpin from Spiderman.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline wolfev

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 06:58:47 PM »
Yea, the way I see it the only way to rerelease would be to have a new continuation. The idea with a new series would work because it could fill in the time gap. I just hope K.A. really does write something for a new generation when it comes to animorphs. Atleast let us see the books back in stores.

Offline XenomorphLV426

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 08:09:19 PM »
I was just wondering that with the War in Iraq going on with all the guerilla fighters that the animorphs might not piss off people.

Another big hurdle to bringing this back as a movie, TV series, cartoon, book re-release, or whatever.

I agree completely.  The books were so set in that specific mid-late '90s Bill Clinton Presidency era, that in this post-Sep 11th world the paranoia and fear and guerrilla action both loses some of its shock impact, and also seems a little inappropriate due to what we're all dealing with in reality right now.

Offline wolfev

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 09:56:49 PM »
Yea, but Battle Star Galactica is one of the best shows around and it uses that same concept.

Offline XenomorphLV426

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 10:43:25 PM »
I've gotta admit I've never seen BSG.  It's apparently really good, but I've never been into much of that traditional "spaceships and exploration and humanoid aliens" sci-fi.  Animorphs is basically the only thing with aliens I can stand, aside from the old Alien/Aliens/Predator movies.

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 04:40:55 AM »
I've gotta admit I've never seen BSG.  It's apparently really good, but I've never been into much of that traditional "spaceships and exploration and humanoid aliens" sci-fi.  Animorphs is basically the only thing with aliens I can stand, aside from the old Alien/Aliens/Predator movies.

Common misconception. There are no aliens in Battlestar Galactica, at least not from what I've seen so far. The series revolves around the near extinction of the human race against an AI robotic race that they created. I've finished the first 2 seasons and now I'm waiting to start on the 3rd one once I'm done my exams for this week. It's a very well written show, and is really the only sci-fi outer space series that I've ever actually found interesting enough to be hooked on to.

Anyways, before I go completely out of topic, yes, wolfev is right in saying that the show does use the same themes as Animorphs for guerrilla warfare. I don't want to give anything away since there are a couple of good twists in the series, but you should check out that show. BSG implements that theme well, as well as many others.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline daspudding

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 10:35:27 AM »
I've always thought this series could be released in the form of a novel.  The print in the books was rather large, so I can totally see it fitting into a book the size of something like harry potter.  Totally doable.

Offline Hunter

• The RAFdoctor
  • God
  • The resident Furry!
    • My FA
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2008, 12:50:43 AM »
I've always thought this series could be released in the form of a novel.  The print in the books was rather large, so I can totally see it fitting into a book the size of something like harry potter.  Totally doable.

that, i can actually see working

EDIT: altho, not putting them all in one book... mebby something along the lines of like, release a novel to all the books until one of the MM books, or one of the chronicles, then releasing another novel, etc, etc, etc...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 12:52:45 AM by Tassadar »

GESB Character: Subject #2218
Intro Rando Character: Hunter

'There are days I hate being me, but then again, I'm not you.'

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 08:04:26 AM »
I like the idea of releasing the books together into a smaller number of novels. Maybe every 10 or so, for about five main hard back novels would work. It seems like a good idea to me, but it would probably never happen.

Offline wolfev

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 11:58:13 AM »
Well it is an interesting notion. Didn't something similar happen with Goosebumps. Also, they books might have to be slightly different in our time since kids books have gotten longer since Harry Potter. Its still a series, but I don't think they run as long. Take a look at warriors for a good example of this. I'll tell you one thing though, if I ever see a novel version of animorphs (novel as in novel and not as in new) I would crap myself and buy it instantly.

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 09:47:43 PM »
Oh definitely. I'd be all over that like bird poop on my car every time I wash it.

I probably could have thought of a better analogy than that.