Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196893 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1470 on: July 20, 2011, 06:13:19 PM »
Claxter couldn't seem to find theta anywhere. Eventually he found himself wandering towards the wreckage of Theta's old ship. As he came closer, he noticed something in the debri. He wasn't sure what it was, but his ship's scanner hadn't picked up on it. It was either well shielded, or just didn't have anything in it that Claxter's ship would pick up.

He wasn't sure if he should try calling Theta or not. He might not appreciate someone keeping an eye on him, especially since he had taken a disliking to Ossanlin. He looked over the wreckage while he tried to think of something.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1471 on: July 20, 2011, 07:18:44 PM »
He waved his arm, beckoning her, "Mmm, there was something really out of the ordinary about the wounds. I felt something... The cause seems stranger than just being hacked apart, my mind gathers. You must have noticed that, chaa."

"The cause..." Ewa trailed off uncertainly as she followed Van, shouldering her way through the door.  Was he also disturbed that such a serious injury was real?  But that's not really a cause.  Doesn't really matter how he was hacked apart, he was still a mess of blood and flesh.  Worried about a cause.  What do they do to you to make you that injured?  Did they have him fight with unshielded weapons and skin to make it more realistic?  But he wasn't here.... how big is this scape?  What if they just sliced him up and sent him in.... who would do that?

For as little as the plot or any of the characters in this place made sense, their attention to physical detail was nothing short of.... psychopathic.
Work is for the weak

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1472 on: July 20, 2011, 09:44:34 PM »
"This is how you can tell you're the new guy," Illim grumbles to both Terenia and Derrel as he wanders to the hatch with a sigh, opening it a crack.

"Hi there, Efaen," he smiles wanly upon spotting the Andalite--not at all a difficult feat. "Corliss is occupied at the moment. Can I help you with anything?"
Aluminator's RAFsister

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1473 on: July 21, 2011, 01:43:10 AM »
He wandered over to Jasper and turned to survey the bar at large. "So what do you think happened to him?" he asked in a surprisingly casual tone.

"I... I have no clue. Looks like he got mauled by a bear or something. That, or tripped into a meat grinder." Jasper shuddered. Why was he trying to be cute and funny right now? He'd seen a lot of gruesome things in his time under the Visser, but... still, he never got used to it. "Hope he's okay..." he said quietly.

Sapttus tapped on the countertop, again getting the bartenders attention. "I need a tall glass of... well, whatever you've got on tap, really. Just make sure it comes from Earth...."

<<...what are you... I don't... since when do you drink?>>
<<I don't. I've got my own means of breaching sanity. But right now, you do.>>
<<Okay, but... since when do *I* drink? You know I've only ever ->>
<<It's been a long day, and you need something, just a little something.>>
<<Yeah, but... you just ordered 'whatever'. Is that even safe in a place like this...?>>
<<I said...>> Sapttus blinked. <<Perhaps simply requesting it be from Earth doesn't qualify as 'safe', does it?>>
<<I'd... say not.>> "Never mind, I'll just -" He began.
"-have a light beer, to be more specific." Sapttus finished for him. Not that that was what Jasper was going to say, but he didn't argue. 

He looked back at Al. "I'm going to take a couple minutes here..."

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #1474 on: July 21, 2011, 08:33:20 AM »
Mike sighs.  <<When it bloody rains it pours,>> he murmurs.  <<I reckon it's good you're pretending to be Corliss, I don't want Salem to know any more than he has to about what we've been up to.>>

Corliss remains silent, listening to whatever happens to be filtered through the poolside translator. 

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1475 on: July 21, 2011, 12:13:29 PM »
Salem laughed again and shot Mar a look that said "can you believe this guy?" before turning his communicator back on and responding to Terenia. "Yeerk, if you're going to turn down every opportunity that presents itself to you in favor of politics and squabbling, how can you expect to make progress against an enemy like the Yeerk Empire? I know you may not like me, but try to see this for what it is. It's a chance to put your little Rebellion one step ahead." He sighed, "Look, would it make you feel any better if I just let you talk to them for a little while?"

He switched off his communicator and watched as Mar trawled his wares. The being seemed to be able to gather more information about Salem's home universe than he'd thought possible. Immortals sensing immortals. That was interesting.

He knew from his travels that the number of immortals he was used to was unusual. It wasn't something he'd often had the chance to discuss with outsiders.

"The political sphere of the immortals isn't something I keep close tabs on, Highest." He took a seat in one of the two chairs in the middle of the room and watched as the being began shuffling through his refined versions of Allrite. "There are a lot of them, and they do seem to have their own interests, but I've never found their interests interesting."

Mar picked up one of the stone-like pieces of one of the All-products. Salem stood up and walked over to him. He smirked. Mar definitely had a good eye.

"That's an Allover. If you want to get your hands on that particular stone, I'm probably going to have to ask for significantly more from you than just a flying lesson. Maybe one of these?" he asked, holding up a 'gun metal' colored lump about the size of his fist. He didn't know how to use the All-materials, but that didn't make them any less valuable. Unlike many of the artifacts in his hold, he knew enough about the supposed lore of Allrite to work out what they were supposed to do.

"That sounds like a fantastic idea." Al plopped into the stool beside Jasper and said to the bartender, "Make that two beers, on me." He turned to Jasper, "Is it just me, or is this place less and less fun lately?" He nodded towards Rathien, "Guy's really killing my buzz. We've got dying guys coming out of nowhere... judging by that guy's teleporter, they should have passable medical facilities. I've gotta imagine he'll pull through." He smiled and nodded at the bartender as he set down a pair of tall beers in front of them. "I keep thinking this place might start to be fun, but it's kinda looking like it's just here to breed chaos."

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1476 on: July 21, 2011, 12:38:47 PM »
Jocun noticed some other people coming to the bar, and gave them a smile. Maybe they'd be less uptight than the Sub-Visser and Andalites. He was starting to feel the pleasant buzz of alchohol, and that put him in a relaxed mood. Life was good, even if he did manage to find the one place in the galaxy where an Imperial uniform didn't get you much respect.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1477 on: July 21, 2011, 12:48:58 PM »
Terenia rolls her eyes at Illim, turning back to the communication.

"You'll have to forgive me if I don't trust opportunities that are thrust upon me unwillingly," Terenia seethes. "You're a poor trader if you don't take no for an answer. Now get those microbes off me bloody ship so I can leave this rock."

<I require Corliss' presence, not yours, Yeerk,> Efaen says frostily to Illim, her tail twitching testily. <My prince requires contact with his leader before I can be released for departure aboard this craft. Unless you have the ability to communicate with the rebel leader directly?>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1478 on: July 21, 2011, 01:12:47 PM »
Salem rolled his eyes and clicked his communicator on again, "Fine, I'll see what I can do, Yeerk. Would you allow me to come aboard and get into your ship's power system for a minute to get them out?"

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1479 on: July 21, 2011, 10:46:09 PM »
Illim glances over his shoulder and then gives Efaen a regretful smile. "Our comm system is currently in use. You could start the queue, though, if you want." He grins. "So are we gonna try to cram as many Andalites as we can on this thing? Sounds like a fun game. And by fun, I mean pokey."

He leans against the doorway, his grin widening. "By the way, Efaen, I've got a name. It's Illim."
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1480 on: July 22, 2011, 03:41:32 PM »
Mar wandered over to Salem and picked up the much smaller stone, his hair moving rather independently of his head for a few moments before dying down. Mar frowned---this wasn't of as high quality as the substance he had touched before. However he got the impression that he'd have to give something pretty substantial to Salem in order to possess it. He didn't exactly trust the trader---not that this had ever stopped him from "donating" his power to someone before, but Salem seemed smart. He'd find some way to get the better end of the deal.

"Mm," states Mar, putting his hand under his chin, crossing his legs in midair. "Tell you what. For one of these stones, I'll show you the basic principle of how it works and teach you to fly. If you want something more....significant, we'll talk again. For all I know, you might figure it out on your own after I show you. Keep your excitement in check after learning the trick to it, though----it's rather easy. It's just a matter of..." Mar smirks. "...let us say seeing the two people kissing rather than the vase. Though I doubt you'd get my meaning."

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #1481 on: July 22, 2011, 05:17:53 PM »
~Ossanlin~

<It wasn't your death Yeerk.  You don't seem to understand.  If it had been your death, you would be dead...I had thought that principle simple to understand, but I'm apparently mistaken.>  Ossanlin gives Zorish/Tamora a pointed look.  <This has nothing to do with you, you are a different person.  There are infinite versions of you, each his own individual, some have died and some have not...can you not grasp this?>  Ossanlin quickly places his mint-water on the floor and dips is hoof in.  <Alternate multiverses are not meant to interact.>

Ossanlin takes a deep breath.  The bar was what allowed different multiverses to connect...it wasn't the only thing by far, but it did happen.  Ossanlin is simply uncomfortable with the excitable Imperial around, but one concern he'd always had was that the Empire would find out about this place and try to use it to invade other realities...such invasion could cause the very fabric of space-time to rip all throughout their Galaxy in all realities...no one would win the war then.

<And if you truly believe activities cease on a Dome without her Captain, you are more ignorant than I could've imagined.  But then of course your specialty is humans isn't it?  Human culture I believe it was.>  Ossanlin absorbs some of the water through his hoof.

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________

~Rathien~

Rathien watches with bemused curiosity as the insectoid being and the injured party vanish.  He had had the impression that no one here had the ability to use matter/energy conversion and reassembly.  "Curious."

He stands and moves back to the table, taking another 'nacho' from the abandoned plate and consuming it.  "I'll be back, android."  Rathien shoots Al a dirty look.  While it was true that either the human male asking for a drink or Ewa could still be the artificial construct (he was absolutely sure it wasn't Van), he had a feeling it was the tux-wearing man.  Honestly, who would dress so nicely for an establishment such as this?  He grabs one more 'nacho' before turning on his heel and walking out the door, eating it on the way with still-bloody hands.  He pulls a small towel from a pocket and wipes his hands clean, the blood absorbing into the fabric and disappearing.  He carefully folds the towel again and returns it to his pocket.

He surveys the outdoors as best he can, and sees Ewa and Van disappearing around a corner of the bar.  He narrows his eyes in mild annoyance.  Perhaps this was a good time to survey...or spy.  Rathien smirks to himself as he moves around the other side of the bar out of sight.  He engages his active camo and quickly walks around to the other side of the bar, noting the nose of Van's ship flush against the wall...the ship itself was a bit of a mess...it'd obviously crash-landed.  And yet how strange that it had stopped right at the bar wall without causing any damage to the establishment.  He looks up the ramp, trying to see inside the vessel.  Really he should be thinking about Tobias and his offer, but these two intrigue him for some reason...enjoying their 'company' would be a truly pleasurable experience if fate did indeed allow it to happen.

:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1482 on: July 22, 2011, 06:23:31 PM »
"Alternate...realiti es?" Jocun said, mostly to himself. Was that it? Was he in some other reality where the Yeerks hadn't won the war? Or, perish the thought, lost the war? Should he interfere in this? Probably not. Higher powers tend to dislike lesser beings attempting to alter reality. It was beyond his comprehension, and he had no obligation to do such a thing. Yeerks were on top where he was from, and he need not hold loyalties to people of other dimensions.

"I suppose the Andalite speaks some truth. You shouldn't worry too much about when the inevitable happens, and what happens to another reality's you may never happen to you. There was this old story I heard about in my ancient history studies about someone named Macbeth. Try not to fullfill your own prophesy while you race to avert it."

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1483 on: July 22, 2011, 06:39:35 PM »
<<I don't particularly like the idea of him coming on board again,>> Terenia gripes. "Why don't you just tell me how to do it," she asks Salem in the most patient voice she can muster. "For all I know you'll tell them to attack or something."

<I do not care what your name is Yeerk,> Efaen bristles, his smile souring her mood even further. <Do not mistake my presence among your people for an attempt at camaraderie. I am here because I am honor bound to be here.>

"Indeed," Zorish says, setting his drink down and leaning forward on Tamora's elbows. "I understand more than you presume, Andalite. I understand that, however improbable, this place indicates a juncture in space and time. I understand that infinite universes and infinite timelines means infinite possibilities." He raises his eyebrows, a small smile on his face. "For example, I am certain there is a universe out there from which the Andalite race is blessedly absent. Additionally, I am sure there is one...or perhaps many...that are home to an infinite number of Class Five hosts."

Zorish's smile fades, letting the possibility hang there for a moment before he continues. He can almost picture it; a fleet of Imperial ships overtaking the bar, turning the planetoid into an inter-dimensional outpost from which it could reach all corners of reality. The image makes him shiver, and he cannot say whether it is from joy or fear. His musings are interrupted by the Imperial, who he turns to sneer at.

"You speak as though you have experience meddling with reality," he snaps, pure Sub-Visser. "If you do, please share your stories. If not, hold your tongue. I do not require advice." With a flip of Tamora's blonde hair he turns his glare back on Ossanlin, intentionally keeping his voice loud enough that Jocun can continue eavesdropping if he so chooses.

"I think that perhaps you are falling victim to the same prejudices as the Yeerk traitors," Zorish says, recalling his earlier conversation with Myitt. "You assume that because I am a part of the Empire, and because I wear the badge of a Sub-Visser, I am therefore eager to enslave and destroy the galaxy. You think that I would do anything for power, or even the faintest wisp of a promise." Zorish leans back, folding his arms across his chest, Tamora's grey eyes sizing up the much more formidable Andalite. "Does it not strike you as possible that I am merely curious?" Zorish tilts his head, then amends, "That we are curious?"

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1484 on: July 22, 2011, 06:51:38 PM »
"I have heard stories, actually. You really should try to be nicer to the only guy who doesn't dislike you just for being an imperial, Sub-Visser." He said, stressing the first part of the rank in a way that higher ranking individuals sometimes do when reminding someone of their lower station.

"There were two in regard to the planet Earth, and they both pertained to the Time Matrix. In both cases a higher power or two stepped in to assure that the incident did not alter what they wanted to happen."

Ani-Master 2014!