Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar  (Read 196900 times)

warren_bearclaw

Re: Galaxy's Edge Space Bar
« Reply #1200 on: June 27, 2011, 12:40:55 PM »
  "My pleasure, Ms. Ewa." Jasper says with a smile. "True, true..." Sapttus said in regards to her first comment. "This has been my first visit to another planet. It's been... quite the interesting experience so far."

<<Ha, that's an understatement.>>
<<It certainly is. I don't think telling her all about the lady blowing her head off would be good for small talk however.>>

Ewa looked over at the blue fella who'd walked in, and Sapttus followed her gaze. He couldn't hear what was being said from that side of the bar, but he noticed that Salem seemed extremely uneasy around this guy. He was worried for him, mostly considering he was his only hope for a cure. Hopefully he wasn't in any trouble. He looked at Salem, eyebrow raised, trying to let him see that he was there if he needed.

<<Yeah, right, what are we gonna do if something goes down here? Pull out my little pocket knife? Throw oatmeal in his eyes? Look at those swords, buddy. Those aren't decorations. >> Jasper said worriedly.

"Looks like trouble..." Sapttus said quietly.

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1201 on: June 27, 2011, 01:08:13 PM »
|THETA-PI

Theta looked himself over, thinking back to his conversation with Ossanlin. If someone could recognize him as an Andalite, maybe that made him Andalite enough.

<They are not for any military operation. They were implanted into us by a cyborg race of drones.>

He gestured to his left arm, <This is a Static Ion weapon. Five times as painful as static electricity, two times as powerful as a normal Ion weapon.>

Pointing at his right eye, <This is an extranominal visual amplifier and interphasic scanner, two of the most sophisticated scanning devices ever.>

Finally, he gestured at the device on his left fore-leg, <This is a hyperadrenal store. All my other implants have a purpose if you'd like me to elaborate.>
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1202 on: June 27, 2011, 01:41:33 PM »
Illim considers Efaen a long moment before hitching a shoulder and offering an apologetic smile. "Honestly, I haven't even been able to talk to him, myself. Just my former host and everyone around me. I'm not, strictly speaking, a part of the rebellion yet, you see?" he says, raising an eyebrow.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1203 on: June 27, 2011, 03:36:21 PM »
Claxter felt a little relieved at having the nanoprobes gone, but also sad for Theta. He knew too well what fear was like, though he was surprised a Prince would feel enough fear to actually desert. He had thought by the time you got that far in rank, you would have overcome your fears enough to not be ruled by them. That made him feel uneasy.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #1204 on: June 27, 2011, 04:50:08 PM »
~Ossanlin~

Ossanlin does not answer Claxter, allowing Theta to speak.  As he turns to leave, Ossanlin feels both relief and sadness for the being's plight.  He then addresses Claxter.  <<You will alert me immediately if you feel any strangeness, nothing guarantees that he has actually instructed those nanites to leave your body.  Assuming he did, do you not think it best for the both of you?  You are right in that he has become addicted to being a part of a hive mind...making you the same as himself was merely feeding the addiction, much like trying to help an Andalite addicted to mirana grass by giving him more mirana grass.>>

He sighs and stamps a hoof.  <<At least a portion of the goal I was trying to achieve actually happened, though I cannot approve the means by which it has happened.  You must learn Warrior that people can only be helped if they wish to be helped.  I've no time for beating around the bush...I don't like to play games.  I do want you to keep an eye on him in case he attempts to...assimilate...anyone else.  If you feel that your conversation with him will help his predicament, then you have my permission to pursue it on your own.  However, do not forget who and what you are in the process.  You are an Andalite...a Warrior.  And I expect you to exude at least the level of responsibility expected of a Warrior.  And as your commanding officer, I expect your loyalty as well.>>

Xaero had been discharged for the mess he'd left on that colony...and rightfully so.  The Electorate tried to cover it up...the Yeerks had struck an underhanded blow while the colony had been all but defenseless...that was the story they'd put out.  It was...interesting.. .to hear the true tale.

___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________ ___________________

~Rathien~

Rathien runs his tongue over one of his fangs, still grinning as he watches Salem.  He notices the being's eyes flicker towards his weapons...good, he was uneasy.  Of course Rathien generally had that effect on most people.  "On the contrary, Tobias...the prey that can think is much more enjoyable to hunt.  You may have wounded my pride a bit, but the experience served only to deepen the excitement of The Hunt.  You showed that you could be lethal in turn...I relish such prey.  My satisfaction will be all the greater when I finally end your Dream."

Rathien takes another sip, thinking about Salem's words regarding his obsession with The Kill, and shakes his head a bit.  "You know I pity you just a bit...being responsible for The Kill...it is a transcendental experience.  So deeply gratifying that nothing can compare to it...not even mating with your serashin.  You will never experience that deep and abiding joy, but if you had even a taste of it, you would know why I insist upon seeking it.  Taking life is easy, but executing The Kill is penultimate to god-hood.  It is truly the power of life and death...the moment where one holds a being's very existence in his hands."  Rathien's grin deepens a bit.  "I'm afraid I don't know what the current price on your head is, it doesn't really matter anymore.  As for dead or alive...well you should know better than anyone Tobias, none of my contracts come back alive."
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1205 on: June 27, 2011, 05:07:41 PM »
<Yes my Prince. I will remain loyal to you, no matter how attached I may become to the many Andalites I set out to rescue.> He said. The fact that he had already rescued multiple Andalites, at least partially, had not gone unnoticed by him. He held an attraction to Efaen, and he did feel sympathy for theta's problem, but he would not betray his Prince. Above all else, his Prince was most important.

He dismissed himself, and followed after Theta. Upon entering the bar, he found an empty spot and kept an eye on all the occupants.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #1206 on: June 27, 2011, 10:05:23 PM »
Ewa's eyes flicked over to Jasper's with mild surprise then back to Salem and the newcomer.  He's worried certainly, probably shocked as well, but he doesn't seem panicked.  And from what I've seen of him, he's probably in the habit of getting himself into unfriendly situations.  The bar had also filled with even more people.  She figured no one would risk getting violent with so many people to interfere.

"Trouble for you too?" she inquired.  With a slight twitch of her lips she picked up her cowboy accent again.  "Just 'cause he looks to have himself in a mite of a spot don't mean he want no interferin' in his business.  'Course, there's no need to mind that if you got your own interests to protect." 

She looks back at Jasper and drops the accent.  "He's walking around like that with no idea of what a cowboy is.  He's either grossly incompetent, or prone to getting involved in things he doesn't understand.  No offense, if he's your friend, but I imagine he'd be rather high-maintenance."

Ewa felt rather smug about managing the slight to both Salem and his actor--who was probably the more deserving of it.  Not supposed to speak out of character though.
Work is for the weak

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #1207 on: June 27, 2011, 10:49:19 PM »
Myitt shrugs, dropping her arms to  her side.  "Paranoia saves lives," she says flatly.  "But in this particular case it was a bit more than paranoia that led to your untimely demise, if you want to know.  You had become aware of the presence of our current base of operations.  Tell me, Zorish Three-Five-Eight, is a rather large promotion not an adequate use of your time?"

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #1208 on: June 27, 2011, 11:11:32 PM »
"Trouble for you too?" she inquired. 
"No, I wouldn't say so..." Sapttus said between sentences.
With a slight twitch of her lips she picked up her cowboy accent again.  "Just 'cause he looks to have himself in a mite of a spot don't mean he want no interferin' in his business.  'Course, there's no need to mind that if you got your own interests to protect." 
<<She's rather blunt with her views, isn't she.>>
<<I'd say so...>>

She looks back at Jasper and drops the accent.  "He's walking around like that with no idea of what a cowboy is.  He's either grossly incompetent, or prone to getting involved in things he doesn't understand.  No offense, if he's your friend, but I imagine he'd be rather high-maintenance."
Jasper grinned at the cowboy comment. "I think I agree with you there, at least partly. He may, *sorta*, look the part, but he ain't no cowboy. Now I'll admit, I'm not any "loud 'n proud" Texan myself, but I know one when I see them. Either way, I hope he's fine. It would be.. uh..  very upsetting."

They look behind them again, this time noticing Al by the jukebox.
<<Hey, look. There's Al. Think we should go say something?>>
<<No... no... let's let them handle things. We don't want to get in the way or make things worse.>>
<<.. you aren't worried?>> Jasper asks.
<<I feel like a moron for being so worried right now. I've known that human for less than two hours and I'm so invested in his well-being. Something bothers me about this.>>
<<So... what are we going to do about it?>>

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #1209 on: June 27, 2011, 11:17:52 PM »
|THETA-PI

Theta scanned the piano which was playing by itself. The scan revealed somethig...odd about the piano. He decided to leave it alone. He walked into the middle of the room and stood there with his eyes closed, taking in the voices. So many voices. It was calming to Theta. He wasnt alone. There were people all around. He olcould not hear their thought bt at least he could hear their voices...
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1210 on: June 28, 2011, 01:17:11 AM »
Zorish smiles thinly. "Perhaps," he says. "Although I've found that progression within the ranks of the Empire requires certain...compromis es that I am not entirely willing to make. I am content with being a Sub-Visser. I am proficient at my job and I do not need to make decisions that bring harm to others. Who is to say that I would want a promotion that would only create more responsibility? You seem to think that all Imperial Yeerks are the same, seeking only advancement and the annihilation of innocent beings." He sniffs in disdain, "If you truly think that is all we are, then it is no wonder you hate us so."

<Yes,> Efaen says dryly. <I do see. A shame, really. I would prefer to avoid Corliss if possible. He is a particularly volatile Yeerk, and his affection for Terenia is bothersome. I am certain that he cares very little for my own desire to join the rebellion, short of attempting to convince me to let that foolish human reside in my head again.>

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1211 on: June 28, 2011, 08:28:10 AM »
<<Wow, this chick's really good at laying on the guilt,>> Tara mutters. 

Myitt allows Zorish a conceding nod.  "Quite understandable, of course," she says.  "However, I am assuming you've read my file.  I was an Imperial Yeerk, as well, and a loyal one for many years.  I don't hate my own people, Zorish, and even your death was...or will be...a matter of saving lives, at least, from my perspective."  She shrugs again.  "It's nothing personal."

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1212 on: June 28, 2011, 08:40:36 AM »
"Nothing personal?" Zorish hisses, his smile fading, exchanged for a look of fury. "Somehow I have a feeling you would view it a bit differently if it was your death we were chatting about so amiably, traitor." He takes a deep breath, forcing his expression to smooth. Tamora didn't like it when Zorish became angry.

"I want to know all of the detailed circumstances of my death," Zorish says briskly, turning on his Sub-Visser voice, once he has calmed himself down. "And if you have any way of contacting the murderer of Tamora...of my host - a human who goes by the name of Terenia - I want that information as well."

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Myitt

• Gold Donor
« Reply #1213 on: June 28, 2011, 08:49:27 AM »
"I've told you, I don't know where Terenia is," Corliss butts in irritably.  "And you can't expect my brother to just happen to know where every acquaintance of hers is at all times!"

Myitt tilts her head curiously.  "Oh, I'm sure I'd be upset, but really Zorish, this is a war," she says calmly.  "People die in wars.  I don't understand how knowing the details of your death will comfort you.  Perhaps you should heed the human saying, to 'live for the moment'?  Carpe diem, hmm?"

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #1214 on: June 28, 2011, 09:13:56 AM »
"Sir," Serid murmurs, stepping forward towards Ossanlin. He hesitates, glancing at Claxter's retreating form, and then says, "I would like to thank you for your continued willingness to attempt to assist me. You are compassionate, sir, and for that I am grateful."

He spreads his hands, palm up, a gesture picked up from Illim, who had controlled quite a number of humans before him. "Please let me know how I may be of service in the meantime."

"I won't refute it," Illim smirks at Efaen and then shrugs. "Look, uh, from what I've seen, Efaen, you're not exactly working hard to ingratiate yourself with your future home, if that's what it ends up being. Is it any surprise that no one seems to hold any love toward you? You're acting as Yeerks so often expect Andalites to act. My guess is they're hoping for someone a bit more... open-minded when an Andalite announces her intentions to join them."
Aluminator's RAFsister