Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224934 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #3915 on: January 25, 2012, 06:35:52 PM »
That's fine. Thanks for checking. :)

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #3916 on: January 26, 2012, 12:53:06 AM »
No worries. It would've been out of character if Parker had asked again, so I wanted to clear it here.

Oss, is Rathien cold-blooded, and would he be detectable by an IR visor?
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #3917 on: January 26, 2012, 01:04:34 AM »
From what Luke's saying, Rathien's cloak would hide IR emissions regardless.

Luke, am I reading that wrong, or does that cloak basically hide him across the EM spectrum? Or at least most of it?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 01:06:19 AM by Lumy the Kit »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3918 on: January 26, 2012, 05:16:32 AM »
Oh, and just to abate any scoffs about my character's suit standing up to EM fields, I did the research first.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor

Quote from: Excerpt from Halo wiki
MJOLNIR is Halsey's attempt to create a powered exoskeleton capable of taking full advantage of the physical capabilities of a SPARTAN-II. The battlesuit is constructed in overlapping layers. It is a sealed system, capable of extravehicular activity or operations in toxic atmosphere. It is hardened against EMP and radiation, and has filters that are completely effective at removing toxins and bacteria from local atmosphere.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3919 on: January 26, 2012, 08:20:29 PM »
Gonna be a little slow, guys. My home internet busted and work blocks RAF, so my only access right now is my cell.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #3920 on: January 27, 2012, 12:19:56 AM »
Oh, and just to abate any scoffs about my character's suit standing up to EM fields, I did the research first.

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor

Quote from: Excerpt from Halo wiki
MJOLNIR is Halsey's attempt to create a powered exoskeleton capable of taking full advantage of the physical capabilities of a SPARTAN-II. The battlesuit is constructed in overlapping layers. It is a sealed system, capable of extravehicular activity or operations in toxic atmosphere. It is hardened against EMP and radiation, and has filters that are completely effective at removing toxins and bacteria from local atmosphere.

Haha. No scoffs. It's entirely your call how affected Parker is. I do assume that most types of electronics have at least some shielding against electromagnetic fields (it's poor design if they don't), and Salem's patches are specifically built to work against a fair proportion of them. Parker's armor being what it is, I'm definitely willing to accept that it may have improved EM shielding over standard consumer or military hardware.

Gonna be a little slow, guys. My home internet busted and work blocks RAF, so my only access right now is my cell.

No internets be broked! Jessi has characters doing stuffs! Fixed internets in future tense soon!

Also, you're welcome to my interwebs in the meantime, for whatever that's worth ;)

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3921 on: January 27, 2012, 03:10:42 AM »
Thanks Scott. I just know that sometimes when someone drops an equalizer on the board, and another player says, "Oh, it doesn't affect my character," it raises a red flag for me. I was in the middle of writing my character away from the field until the realization hit that the Mjolnir armor should be shielded against that sort of thing. Especially since they carry A.I.s. So I checked it out and had to rewrite my post.

I wanted to head off any nay-sayers is all. Thanks to the reinforcement.

Jessi, what happened to your Internet connection? Awww... shame. What kind of cell do you use? Is it a pain to post with it? Sorry to hear you're having such troubles. I was pissed when my job blocked RAF. Luckily I had a keyboard on my phone and RAFmobile was working for me.

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3922 on: January 27, 2012, 07:02:22 AM »
We had a storm the other day and a power surge broke our modem. Gonna hopefully get it fixed today or tomorrow. I've heen working 12+ hour days for two weeks now, so time is a little hard to come by.

My phone is a Droid incredible. I can post from it fine, it just takes a bit more time. I'll try and get something up sometime today, if I can.

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #3923 on: January 27, 2012, 08:12:45 AM »
That's correct Scott, the camouflage hides all light energy and selective pressure waves (non-ambient sound).  When I say all light energy, I mean ALL light energy including IR, UV, microwave, X-rays, Gamma rays, the works.

And Parker, he's warm-blooded and for most intents and purposes, functions very similarly to a human.  He does have increased athletic and acrobatic ability given by a more optimized connection structure, but aside from the pointed ears and fangs, he looks like a generic (if on the tall side) human.  Well, as generic as you can get with bright eyes and a combination of medieval and futuristic armor, and long hair that happens to be light silver-blue.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3924 on: January 27, 2012, 09:20:15 AM »
Ew, 12+ hour days? Good lord. I certainly do not envy you. Hopefully your work load evens out soon. The Droid Incredible is awesome. Sometimes, when posting from my Droid, I have to type it out in Quick Office first. That sucks about the power surge. You should get one of those sick surge protectors. My dad has one for his computer and his home theater.

Oss, I keep thinking your character is reptilian. Mostly because of the name. Thanks for the reminder. Too bad to hear about your awesome camo.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #3925 on: January 27, 2012, 09:55:10 AM »
Then you sir have played Monster Hunter.

I can assure you that Rathien is not a giant green dragon, nor is he female.   :P   *continues sharpening his longsword as he waits for his cats to finish making his supper.*   8)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:10:04 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3926 on: January 27, 2012, 10:07:03 AM »
Sorry to say, but no I have not played that game. The name "Rathien" just sounds reptilian to me. I keep picturing a Trandoshan from Star Wars. I just have to get it out of my head is all.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #3927 on: January 27, 2012, 10:09:22 AM »
Ah.  I truly thought that's where you got the association from.  :P

...Now I want to play Monster Hunter again...

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3928 on: January 27, 2012, 11:36:32 AM »
revan probably should have waited for Oss to post once before he made it back to Salem, since he basically had to walk a hundred yards, then run back. Behold the speed of plot!

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3929 on: January 27, 2012, 03:20:22 PM »
-___-; Sorry, boys and girls. I might be really, insanely delayed. I post at the speed of broken computer and crappy life. :B The Kindle keyboard is balls for anything but AIM conversations.