Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224960 times)

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #3525 on: October 10, 2011, 11:45:30 PM »
I am excited as well, however I am much more dignified and prefer to say that I am most excited that many have returned to the Bar. ;D

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #3526 on: October 11, 2011, 12:03:25 AM »
It may be hard to flow sometimes but I love it when the bar is booming
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #3527 on: October 11, 2011, 12:05:27 AM »
I think most of the people who have been doing this long enough find that the Bar flows much better when it is busy. That's the way I feel anyway.

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Midnight_Huntress

• The Shadow Walker.....
  • Xtreme Member
  • The Night is my haven, try to get me if you can...
« Reply #3528 on: October 11, 2011, 02:23:14 AM »
I agree. ^_^
J-man is my RAFcousin
Broken is my RAFfather
Darth Vader (Shorty) is my RAFuncle
Reunited with my RAFlove Parker

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #3529 on: October 13, 2011, 01:08:58 PM »
*nodnod*
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3530 on: October 13, 2011, 02:30:04 PM »
It depends. A steady flow is nice, but sometimes it gets out of hand. Many of us remember days when you would hit 'submit post' and be greeted with an error message that seven new replies had been posted while you typed your one. I also distinctly remember leaving the house for an hour and returning to ten or more pages of posts.

A steady stream of posts is definitely nice. I like being able to post between one and three times a day. Going days without a post sometimes makes you lose steam and going too fast can get confusing and overwhelming.

But you have to keep in mind that a lot of us, especially us old-timers are all adults with real jobs (some of us with more than one real job) in the real world that unfortunately require quite a bit of time. Pretty much every day this week has been an 11 hour work day, at least. Situations like that mean that I can only get on, at most, once a day. If that.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3531 on: October 13, 2011, 02:43:12 PM »
I agree with Terenia. I like being able to post a few times a day, but it has gotten too fast to keep up a few times. One time Oss considered giving up on us because he wanted to be in the action, but those of us just sitting at the computer to post couldn't even keep up. Which can be really bad for our characters, like when the posting got too fast, and I missed some of Myitt's posts where Corliss was telling Temrash to back off. The end result was my character getting shot because I just missed Myitt's posts.

However when I was working, I liked waking up and replying to posts, then coming home from work to reply to more new posts. If it was possible for people to post 1-3 times at least in the mornings and evenings, that would probably be best.

Of course if we got a good group with multiple subplots going, and everyone was posting once or twice a day for their things, that could add up too.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #3532 on: October 14, 2011, 07:19:19 AM »
However when I was working, I liked waking up and replying to posts, then coming home from work to reply to more new posts. If it was possible for people to post 1-3 times at least in the mornings and evenings, that would probably be best.

The issue in my case is that I don't really come home from work, because I have evening activities after my full work days most of the time. I think what's most important to me is having a good flow of people you're directly interacting with. If everyone in your conversation group can post at about the same rate, then folks will be happy. That being said, a flood of non-related posts is always difficult to navigate.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3533 on: October 14, 2011, 09:04:47 AM »
Eh, it's no worry.  :) The GESB is used by anywhere from eleven to twelve different people. Sometimes it's a little hard to find posts relevant to your characters, but that's a consequence of having so many players. We all have busy lives, and we're all aging old geezers. XD We can't get our panties in a knot just because we have to wait, even though waiting stinks sometimes. ;3

I'm certainly not giving up yet----you guys are my community, my friends. You saved me from one of the most difficult moments of my life, and I don't forget such things. ^____^

BaronConall

« Reply #3534 on: October 14, 2011, 12:55:47 PM »
Well, I may be adding to this topic in a negative way...
I've been REALLY trying to get back into actively posting and even taking on an active role in GESB. I did miss a couple of replies to my posts, but I'm getting the hang of it.
Except for the last two or more weeks.

Long story short; I was in a car accident. A Dodge 1500 ran a red light and destroyed the passenger side of our Mercury Sable, totaling it. Fortunately, no one was IN the passenger side and I was fine. The last few weeks have included dealing with the driver's insurance company who only JUST YESTERDAY accepted responsibility and costs.

ON TOP of that, I am currently working double shifts at my job AND just took on a second job Fridays-Sundays.  My minimum workload is now at least 57 hours/week. Originally, this was to save for a house. Now it's for loan repayments on a new car.

ALSO; The Mac I am currently using to send this is dying. Hard. Sometimes it won't even start and there are numerous hardware issues we've found. Not surprising, as it's nearly 4 years old.

SO: This is the first chance I've had to actually let everyone here know what's going on and that, unfortunately, I have no idea, once again, how often I will be on here.

At this point, I think I'm going to scratch M1chael in-game (I was having a bit of trouble getting into playing/writing him, anyway :-\ ) And try this again when things have died down a little.

I'm sorry, guys :( I really want to get back into being a part of the community, but this circumstance bull is ridiculous! Hopefully I'll be back soon!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 12:57:51 PM by BaronConall »

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3535 on: October 14, 2011, 01:02:48 PM »
Aw, Baron, that sucks. :( I'm glad you're okay, though. You're always welcome once you get life stuff sorted out! *hug* Can't wait to rp with you in the future!

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3536 on: October 14, 2011, 01:30:21 PM »
I hope everything's ok Baron. I was in a wreck the first time I tried to drive in rainy weather, and accidentally hydroplaned into a telephone pole. I was wearing the seat belt, but the way my head hit the steering wheel cause a permanent injury in my left eye.

I kind of overlooked it at first and hoped it would go away, but it didn't.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #3537 on: October 19, 2011, 01:27:53 AM »
Ooo, fun stuff. Yeah, my work schedule leaves very little time for me to browse and post much as well. I actually like reading the non-related posts though, it's like catching up on my own cyber-soap opera. :)
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #3538 on: October 19, 2011, 01:58:31 AM »
Yeah, actually. The GESB has become a sort of bizarre soap opera character study in which we vaunt ideas and characters off each other to see what happens. Occasionally people kill one another in epic battles. But less often than you'd think with such characters at our disposal. Turns out everyone wants some down time. ;3

Although you really have to wonder who in the hell would consider the crap that happens in the Bar "down time."

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #3539 on: October 19, 2011, 02:24:12 AM »
Just goes to show you can't escape Life, not even if you go to a Universal Nexus. ;D

EDIT:

Okay, I'm not going to bring Revan in, but I will bring in a Revanchist!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:48:10 AM by Darth Revan »
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress