Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224950 times)

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #3165 on: September 01, 2011, 03:47:21 PM »
Also, what Luke said about character stuff. You know what you're doing, and we know you know what you're doing. Kudos! XD

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #3166 on: September 01, 2011, 03:58:12 PM »
And a note...Thor, if I remember correctly, is Parker's construct.  This is similar to the Yeerk/host relationship and thus is exempt from the individual character limit.  (i.e. Parker and Thor count as one character as a whole.)
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #3167 on: September 01, 2011, 04:03:44 PM »
Luke, you're so badass when you're all official and stuff. :P

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #3168 on: September 01, 2011, 04:11:48 PM »
Thanks Teach. Okay, good to know it was the character and not me. :)

Yeah I actually played him differently than how I saw The Doctor. He's a LOT more apathetic than The Doctor. There were so many instances he could've helped or at least intervened, and I thought, "No, I'm not The Doctor, he's different. The Director wouldn't care about that situation." It was really hard to let those interactions go. Especially since I naturally want to help; but the character himself wouldn't care. So I couldn't do anything. It was kinda nerve-wracking.

Thanks Luke, but not only did I read the first page of the OOC, I read the whole thing. ;D

Nah, I know to take it one at a time. I just want to get your guys' opinions as to which I should use: the 800 year old human with regen, or the Jedi?

I was here when the three character limit was put into effect. I know I was gone for 440 pages, but I RP'd here for 500+ too. ;)
No way I'm throwing all three characters at the same tine, that would be confusing. No, it'd have to be a gradual process. I'll have to get back into character for Parker first. Get re-acquainted, and then when I'm comfy with him, then maybe I'll bring the other character in.

Awesome bounty hunter by the way Ossy. He reads like a blast to write.

Quick question though, Thor, Parker's AI companion isn't considered its own character, right? Much like a Yeerk and its host are considered one character, Parker's AI is always paired with Parker and inhabits the same body. So he's not my "second character", right?

Haha, you totally read my mind dude!
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3169 on: September 01, 2011, 04:29:12 PM »
Of course, Parker's kind of overpowered too. I do like the guy, though.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3170 on: September 01, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
I rarely use him against other characters though. The only time I've fought other players was when he fought Six/Zombz's warmongers. The only other fighting he's done was against NPCs. Although he did shoot your psycho when he tried to "attack" Terenia.

Thanks Chad. I still miss Zoshonel. He was cool.

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #3171 on: September 01, 2011, 04:58:55 PM »
Okay, well I couldn't remember if any of the rules had been instituted since you left, and you have much more dedication than I.  I honestly never would've read through all of that.  In fact if I know a new post does not affect my characters at present, I really only skim unless it's something like an introductory-type post.

lol Jessi...I'm not trying to be...  It's just that when I'm not "in-character" I tend to type and speak in the most efficient manner I can think of, and it tends to come out sounding...textbook or intellectual or both.  :P

And also Parker, if he still goes by 'Darth' you know he's a Sith, not a Jedi...   :nerd:  :P  Sorry, Star Wars nerd in me rearing it's pasty, geeky head.   ;D

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3172 on: September 01, 2011, 05:00:02 PM »
Trust me. Parker was completely justified in attacking Cody. He didn't read any body language wrong.

I kind of miss Zoshonel too. i would have brought him back, but I was trying to avoid non Animorphs universe characters.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3173 on: September 02, 2011, 12:29:07 AM »
And also Parker, if he still goes by 'Darth' you know he's a Sith, not a Jedi...   :nerd:  :P  Sorry, Star Wars nerd in me rearing it's pasty, geeky head.   ;D

Yeah, I know, but I'm not sure which I'm gonna bring him in as: The Jedi Knight Shawn, or Darth Revan. He has a complicated story, and I'm not 100% sure from which point to bring him.

I salute you on spotting the inconsistency! +1

lol Jessi...I'm not trying to be...  It's just that when I'm not "in-character" I tend to type and speak in the most efficient manner I can think of, and it tends to come out sounding...textbook or intellectual or both.  :P

I know I'm the same way. Unfortunately I get a lot of slack because others read negative emotion in my texts, when none is ever intended.

I understand Chad. It was just sad to see such an awesome character to go by the way-side. He was from "Sixteen Worlds", wasn't he?

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #3174 on: September 02, 2011, 12:42:22 AM »
Well I suppose having one's memories erased and knowledge of the Force driven from one's being would probably be rather traumatic.   :-\

RAF Silverblade

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3175 on: September 02, 2011, 02:09:48 AM »
Right? I'm not sure if I should pull him from the game after he reconnects to the Force, way after the game, as he leaves to find the "True Sith",  or at the beginning of the game after he ejects from Republic ship where you first meet Carth.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #3176 on: September 02, 2011, 02:10:47 AM »
I forget if I came up with the idea for him before or after I joined Sixteen worlds briefly. Maybe I will bring him back when Derrel leaves. especially since Keshin and Parker are back. He should also get along well with Vogefac.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #3177 on: September 02, 2011, 02:13:43 AM »
:woot: Yeah, you reptilians need to stick together. ;)

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #3178 on: September 02, 2011, 08:38:11 AM »
^^
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Twilight_Pixie

• Don't doubt me.
« Reply #3179 on: September 03, 2011, 01:52:44 AM »
First and foremost, ello everyone. Sorry it took me so long to post in here. New to the site so I just found this thread a little late.

xD thanks. I feel a bit better. And yeah. There is a bit to read. Such as the new character Noah. I would love to meet her at some point ^.^ lol sounds very animistic, mixed with magic. No offense at all about her. Very interesting character. I think she may get along with Sami, seeing how Sami has animal like features, even though she is green, but she has enhanced senses like an animal lol Plus she can turn into anything she wants XD But yeah. I just don't want to start interacting with others and leave Squall all alone...

My char is based on wereleopards from the Anita Blake book series by Laurel K. Hamilton. Loooove it. She can only change into a leopard, but she can turn into half human half leopard, but is powerful enough to just change a single body part without being phased much.

Now, who is sami and what does being green change?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 01:55:33 AM by Twilight_Pixie »

Help my dragon grow big and strong