Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224951 times)

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2805 on: July 28, 2011, 11:06:53 PM »
Doesn't sound like a bad idea Ranger! :P as far as I'm concerned, welcome back.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2806 on: July 29, 2011, 12:03:33 AM »
Welcome back, Goku.

How about you write up an intro post and PM it to either myself, Shenmue, KitsuneMarie, Myitt or Ossanlin. We'll take a look at it and let you know what we think. I'd like to work with you to create a character that's fun to play and interact with!

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2807 on: July 29, 2011, 07:24:55 AM »
@AmberKatira I don't know if Van will pick up on it, but I essentially posted as if he didn't. And, even if he did, it would have been either a lucky guess or recieved through the sense he calls "eyomi". And it's unlikely that Van would pick up on it, even with that sense.

Eyomi is a sixth sense, perfectly natural to all Beryllians. It is a little like seeing "auras", but it is described as both a sight, a feeling, and a smell. Thus, the Human term for the sense, "smell-sight". It allows a Beryllian to recognize others of their kind, no matter where in the Empire they come from, and also allows a male to identify females, which are somewhat uncommon among the race in general, and exceedingly rare for Van's specific colony of Beryllians.

It also allows a Beryllian to sense other things on occasion, but this works best in a fight or flight situation. Anything Dark Matter based or associated with a Highest, like Mar, quickly sends a Beryllian into an adrenaline rush. This is why he thought he felt Mar's presence before crashing into the planetoid, and why he sensed the piano on his short, sadly aborted, piano hunt. Beryllians can thus feel some sensations when near strange gravity fields and dark portals.

Being partially Human, Van has a weakened eyomi, which is why he does not sense Rathien. He would, but he isn't concentrating on anything other than Ewa at the moment.

In the case of a so-called "fullblood", that individual would be flooded with a variety of senses and have noticed Rathien. He also might notice the Palidinian communication, but due to that form of communication's specific properties, only when high on Vivalite.
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2808 on: July 29, 2011, 08:19:30 AM »
Ok, ok, pyrebird got me all psyched up for describing!!! ^^

The Osseus Reverter is very different from a cellular regenerator. It remotely changes the specified part of the bone, in this case the part that's piercing your liver, into energy  so if effectively doesn't exist anymore. The energy is absorbed into the Reverter for storage. Once you've been repositioned so the rib is pointing away from your liver, the trigger will make the reverter replace the energy and change it back into matter, fixing the bone.

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2809 on: July 29, 2011, 11:47:28 AM »
uh huh ok then. While myself might understand that my char. will not understand a single word of that sooo just stick to magic science angle :P

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2810 on: July 29, 2011, 11:58:19 AM »
So, the Osseus Reverter is a little like Vivalite, except without that tiny 3% chance of not only regenerating the bone properly, but also spawning a second mini-liver in the patient's stomach. And making their fillings pop out as their teeth regenerate.

Usually Vivalite works right, and does what you want, especially when overseen by a doctor. Otherwise... Bizarre stuff has a higher chance of happening. For being a miraculous medical cure-all, Vivalite certainly has brought a lot of trouble and woe with it, as well. Throw in the fact that it's addictive, and the risks basically outweigh its benefits. A lot.

There's creepier stuff I could explain regarding Vivalite, the other types of Vivalite (it comes in more than just green), and the generic brand, Vivacure, but that's for another day.

EDIT: I hate you, autocorrect. I hate you with a fiery passion. Go die in a fire, autocorrect, with all your misspelled friends! *sigh*
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:04:50 PM by pyrebird »
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2811 on: July 29, 2011, 12:03:44 PM »
If it's so bad why do you continue to use it.

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2812 on: July 29, 2011, 04:42:31 PM »
Hmm, so...I'm guessing I'm just going to leave Mar up in Salem's ship. Gives me time to think anyway. XD

Because while he might follow Myitt or Elayne around, there's no way he'd follow Salem like a puppy. :P

Offline RAFrukh

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2813 on: July 29, 2011, 05:22:47 PM »
So, the Osseus Reverter is a little like Vivalite, except without that tiny 3% chance of not only regenerating the bone properly, but also spawning a second mini-liver in the patient's stomach. And making their fillings pop out as their teeth regenerate.

Usually Vivalite works right, and does what you want, especially when overseen by a doctor. Otherwise... Bizarre stuff has a higher chance of happening. For being a miraculous medical cure-all, Vivalite certainly has brought a lot of trouble and woe with it, as well. Throw in the fact that it's addictive, and the risks basically outweigh its benefits. A lot.

There's creepier stuff I could explain regarding Vivalite, the other types of Vivalite (it comes in more than just green), and the generic brand, Vivacure, but that's for another day.

EDIT: I hate you, autocorrect. I hate you with a fiery passion. Go die in a fire, autocorrect, with all your misspelled friends! *sigh*

Actually, the Osseus Reverter is a medical adaption of the energy/matter converter(Replicator). not sure how or Vivalite works, but that's what the OR is.

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2814 on: July 29, 2011, 05:38:31 PM »
Yes, I figured it was an extension of the Replicator.

At any rate, this specific type of Vivalite (The Green Stuff!) is pretty much biological, made to re-engineer cells back into the places they belong, and regrow missing cells. It's based on the production cloned laboratory-made stem cells, and the bioengineering of plenty of proteins and other such things. A custom mixture of the stuff has to be prescribed by a doctor, but all sorts of illegal mixtures of different strengths exist, with the weakest, "safest" brands under the generic name, Vivacure.

And... I've got to get dinner now. But, that's the gist of it! A more science-like explanation will come... later!

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #2815 on: July 29, 2011, 06:09:19 PM »
Alright Teach I sent you my character sheet. But a quick change in that, Im gonna get corny and change his name to Tommy Oliver
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2816 on: July 29, 2011, 06:10:44 PM »
good for you. I like Tommy Oliver

wow I am such a nerd

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2817 on: July 29, 2011, 06:14:13 PM »
Thanks, Goku. I'll look it over and get back to you as soon as I can. Might not be until tomorrow, though. I have family stuff tonight. :)

Regarding my last post: if it wasn't clear from the description, Zorish was approaching Al and Jasper/Sapptus.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2818 on: July 29, 2011, 06:16:28 PM »
Ummmm just out of curiosity, but nobody has bothered to clean up my blood from the Bar floor have they? Is it a self cleaning Bar as well as self repairing?

just a random question for the heck of it.

Offline Nero's Fury

• "Soldier's of Vengence unite!"
  • Xtreme Member
  • JUGGALO 4 LIFE
« Reply #2819 on: July 29, 2011, 06:18:19 PM »
Thank you Teach, and lol feel free to take as long as you like. Im in no rush
"When you live life without regrets, the obvious result is happiness!" - Damien Steele

R.I.P Big Brother...

[/img]