Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224957 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2685 on: July 15, 2011, 04:45:28 AM »
lol...well I'm glad both of you like him, I do too.  He's very different than any other character I've played in the past.  It's a lot of fun playing him.  And btw,he doesn't hate Van...in fact he sees certain...potential ...in him.   >:D  And Ewa too...if you want to know what's going through his mind...it's how he could possibly get both of them in the same room alone with him, perhaps with a lot of alcohol.  XD 

It's part of his character though I'm doing my best to keep the innuendo and other-such PG-13 so the poor children that read the thread don't get their eyes melted out.  He is an amoral, unscrupulous pleasure-seeker.  It's the driving factor behind everything he does...pleasure.  That includes The Kill as you might've guessed.   :P
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #2686 on: July 15, 2011, 07:01:19 AM »
Sorry I poofed for a couple of days, guys. I've been crazily busy. I probably won't be back on RAF in full force until next week, but I'll try to at least post in the GESB once a day or every other day.
Aluminator's RAFsister

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #2687 on: July 16, 2011, 03:45:16 AM »
A quick note on Rathien's true name...yes his true name right now is 24 syllables long and they all run together as if they're one word.  XD  Ildari 'true names' change depending on where they are amongst other things.  For example if Rathien were on his homeworld the end of his name "sen'Ildiar" would be removed.  The loose translation of 'sen'Ildiar' would be "from Ildiar" or "of Ildiar".  Rathien's homeworld is called Ildiar...therefore it becomes part of his name when he's not there.  Really it's a part of every Ildari's name, it simply becomes superfluous if they're already on their home planet. :p  On a side-note, traditional Ildari like to refer to Ildiar as The Land instead of a planet.  In other words their general outlook is more philosophical than scientific.

If anyone cares... his name broken down in loose translation is as follows:

sen'Ildiar  --  "of Ildiar"

or'Elienal --  "born of Elienal"  (Elienal is the name of the region in which he was birthed.)

fen'Mirwindrierien  --  "descendent of clan Mirwind, first son of the head family"  (-rierien denotes that he is the first son of the clan's current head family.

ilarianiil --  This is simply the name his parents gave him at birth, no longer capitalized as he is now adult.

Rathien --  The name his clan gave to him when he completed the rites of passage and became an adult.  The "'d' in Rathien'd'ilarianiil merely means that Rathien came of Ilarianiil.

And there you have it...  Rathien'd'ilarianiil fen'Mirwindrierien or'Elienal sen'Ildiar or "Rathien who grew from the child Ilarianiil, descendent of clan Mirwind and firstborn son of the head family, birthed in the region of Elienal in the land of Ildiar." 

Sometimes I over-think things....  >_>

Oh, and just so you know since you didn't specify any different Katrina, those nachos are probably covered with ground velociraptor rather than beef.   ;D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 05:25:37 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2688 on: July 16, 2011, 11:38:07 AM »
Oh, and just so you know since you didn't specify any different Katrina, those nachos are probably covered with ground velociraptor rather than beef.   ;D

Haha.  Well, that is very exotic.  I don't think Ewa would much mind one way or the other at the moment, but now I kinda wonder what raptor nachos would taste like....
Work is for the weak

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2689 on: July 16, 2011, 07:03:44 PM »
Could not be meat at all, for all we know. If Van digests it properly, then it's probably not meat. If not that meat, then it's probably... brown mold, the sort that grows on Andalites who don't do daily hygiene or something.

I dunno. Oooh, so you you're willing to be open, are you, Rathien? Actually, Rathien has pointed out an opportunity that wouldn't be unlike Van to take advantage of, but first impressions are making such a delicious pairing more unlikely to happen. Unless something crazy happens, and Van cools his jets and realizes how hot Rathien is or something.

I think Van's more preoccupied by, one, the fact that he has Ewa having fun with the tense atmosphere and wrapping her arms around him... And, two, the fact that Rathien looks (and acts!) like he wants to eat the both of them. Lovely stuff, peoplemeat.

Yeah, I hope there doesn't come a time when I am struggling to keep Van PG-13, too.... He can get downright sexual, but as he is now, he's limited to innuendo. And perhaps some hair-sniffing. Though he's mostly out of his element, stripped of all pretense, but that might not be his situation, forever.

Mmm, Ewa, your hair smells pretty....~ Seriously, it better smell as pretty as it looks! XD
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 01:09:53 PM by pyrebird »
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #2690 on: July 17, 2011, 05:45:15 AM »
lol...well the reason I said it was velociraptor meat is because back at the Bar's conception on Kimm's, that's what you got when you just orderd a 'burger'.   ;D   The BT had to go back to the kitchen with the live velociraptors and slaughter one you see.  Sometimes the velociraptors would escape and that was always fun... (see Jessi's (Terenia's) most recent sig. pic which is actually very very GESB-relevant.  >_> )   Just one of the lesser-known bar quirks.  :p

And yes, Rathien is very open.  XD  His species originally had very large, powerful hypothalami...(I don't know if that's actually a word...whatever the plural version of "hypothalamus" is)...but this led to powerful instincts regarding thirst and hunger (amongst other things) as well as incredibly powerful senstions including pleasure and sexual arousal.   ;)  This also caused a much greater endorphin production in Ildari, lending a tremendous significance to their "endorphin rushes".  As Rathien's people evolved, they learned to control their baser urges and became more 'civil'...in response to less usage, their hypothalami shrunk as they evolved, but every once in a while there's a throwback.  Turns out Rathien is one of those.  As I mentioned earlier, pleasure and the pursuit of it drives his every motivation.  If a male can give him what he desires, you can damn well bet he's gonna take it.  :)

And btw Pyre, I'm assuming you're saying that Van can understand or knows some of the Ildari language (because Rathien made a point of not mentioning that his name could be translated with the word "Ravening"...so Van would have to know it from somewhere else), which would mean he's had dealings with the Ildari in his own Universe.  That would suggest that there are Beryllians in Rathien's Universe as well...I intend to make some use of that.  :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:19:20 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2691 on: July 17, 2011, 11:56:13 AM »
Ohohohohoho. There are enough similarities between the two that such a connection can easily can suggested! Now, Van's ability to understand Rathien can stem from any number of... complexities regarding the Beryllians. They're a harder race to pin down than they look, definitely. The extent to which Beryllians know the Ildari, or the extent to which the Ildari exist in Van's universe is still fuzzy, but there's definitely some history, there.

What Van does and doesn't know about his own race, consequently, could either range from full knowledge about everything that's going on, partial snippets overheard from his family, or extreme naivete, and the languages have oddly similar roots. I'm trying to keep this in the context of Van's limited knowledge of his race, but his character is always surprising me.

He's layer after layer of rather well-managed "acts", and his attempt to escape his racial designation, as we all can tell, is kinda poor It's sad, but there may be multiple reasons why he alternately knows so much, yet claims no knowledge.

Anyways, regarding how much Rathien knows in his universe about the Beryllians will require some more detailed information I can't let out here. PM me, if you're interested~
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #2692 on: July 17, 2011, 03:21:42 PM »
Ahah...I have gotten myself into a well-developed history here...  >_>  But there are some things Rathien should know if he knows a few snippets of the language.  I wasn't going to have him be fluent, merely have a simple understanding, but I think I do indeed need to know more about this so that I don't screw anything up about your character's race as that is one of the cardinal sins in a setting like this.  PM away.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2693 on: July 17, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »
*Laughs* I could actually tell you what Van thinks he knows about Rathien (and what he's dead wrong about), but I'll leave that to Pyrebird via PM. Essentially Van is wondering if Rathien is a variety of Beryllian, closer in the conquest trail to the Mar in Van's universe. Which ironically mortal Mar knows next to nothing about other than the fact that he really doesn't like Van. ;P And maybe that he is, somewhere, a random member of something called the Beryllian Hegemony. Whatever that is. XDD (Also one of the only universes that Mar's in in which he's not exactly high-ranked in the "bad guy empire" at all.).

....giving this guy random snippets of memory is really, really fun by the way. XDD

« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 04:09:32 PM by Shenmue654 »

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2694 on: July 17, 2011, 08:11:28 PM »
I sent the PMs. Explanations like those are impossible to be brief about, mind you. My brain just got fried explaining that all. I'll try to dig up more concrete information I ranted about earlier regarding the invasion, and definitely more concrete stuff regarding the language.

God, the language. So many nuances, honorifics, and meanings! Agh. I love world-building and complex political scenarios and all that, but the Beryllians can sometimes seriously make my own head hurt.

Also, "Alvregne-rhen" is a shorthand way of saying "My Lord (of the Hegemony)", basically. "Alvo Regares" means "the Hegemony", specifically, "Ruling Absolute Lords" or somesuch thing. They are really stiff about their noble classes...

EDIT: In regards to how we will handle the language, the two of them may be forced to keep speaking in a common language, if Rathien's dialect or understanding differs so greatly. It all depends on how you want to handle Rathien. Van's just making a broad assumption about Rathien that may not even be true...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:55:34 PM by pyrebird »

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2695 on: July 17, 2011, 09:25:38 PM »
Well it's official....I have NO clue what to do with my char. now because my imagination has has run dry :P Therefore I want do a double post. Lucan is gonna board his ship and leave the planet. I will then have my other char. enter the bar. Is this ok?

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2696 on: July 17, 2011, 09:39:25 PM »
You don't need to double post for that.

Type your first chara post, then insert a horizontal line (code: [ hr ] without the spaces), then type your other chara's post below it.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2697 on: July 17, 2011, 09:47:35 PM »
ya thats what I meant Teach. Altho I dont know how to do a horizontal line so I was just gonna type a long row of *'s.

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2698 on: July 17, 2011, 09:54:13 PM »
I am sad to see a character that you enjoy go. There are always things to find to do in the bar. Don't remove a character just because you're having a slow moment- we all have them. Sometimes you have to insert yourself into a conversation or find someone to talk to.

Up to you, though. If you think your new character will be more fun to play, or more suited to the bar, or whatever, it's your call.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2699 on: July 17, 2011, 10:04:44 PM »
Lucan just needs time to adjust to crowds. Hes not comfortable in crowds and he HATES humans. Dont be sad tho I have a feeling that he will return eventually. Also my new char will make a VRY interesting entrance ;P