Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 224945 times)

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2160 on: May 10, 2011, 06:23:33 PM »
I'm just bored. Everyone is either waiting for the fight to be over or scannining oatmeal crazed Yeerks.
Try not to draw this fight out anymore. Both characters should have been dead twice it seems to me.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #2161 on: May 10, 2011, 07:05:53 PM »
I agree Gymn.  And no, this is not a normal occurence, in fact it's an extremely rare occurence.  We are trying to humour one person in the hopes that he will develop as a creative writer.

And to allay your fears, I can 100% safely say that this fight will not last more than another five hours.  I mean that in real-time, not bar time.  Meaning that this fight will be concluded completely and without a doubt by midnight central time, regardless.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 07:28:44 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2162 on: May 10, 2011, 09:17:32 PM »
Yeah. I can honestly say as a geezer that's been here since page forty or so that this doesn't happen very often. In fact we've really only had to deal with it one other time, and we weren't thrilled with it then either. The fact that we have had to alter our playing styles to handle the situation disturbs us more than it pleases us.

We are sorry for all the delay, Gymn. :D

Offline Cobra (Gymn)

• Xtreme Member
  • Defiant! And argumentative!
« Reply #2163 on: May 10, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's bored. Thanks but you don't have to do it just for me.
Rad is my RAFmom!
I love Jesus!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2164 on: May 10, 2011, 10:24:23 PM »
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's bored. Thanks but you don't have to do it just for me.

Trust me, he's not.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #2165 on: May 11, 2011, 12:02:53 AM »
Just a quick note to anyone following the battle sequence, I'm about to do something that no one should ever do, and that's call a hit on another character.  It's a mod decision and one that I feel is necessary to move the bar out of stagnation and preserve continuity.  It has been more than 24 hours and the other player has not replied...there's no reason to hold up the show for one person.  I apologize beforehand and promise I will only resort to this option when I feel it is absolutely necessary.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 12:20:32 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2166 on: May 11, 2011, 05:59:04 AM »
And we can finally move on.

Goku, if you have any complaints please address them to one of us directly via PM, but be aware of the fact that this was a joint decision from the mods of this roleplay. If you want to participate in the bar from this point forward, please contact one of us first.

In happier news - I finally managed to get a post in!!! :D :D

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Aldrea2011

« Reply #2167 on: May 11, 2011, 10:45:12 AM »
Theres a FIGHT? A crack? I can tell I havent been here in a few weeks......

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2168 on: May 11, 2011, 11:14:01 AM »
I know I say this too much, but... it's really fun being a lunatic!  :XD:

Also, this was an excuse to make my 4000th post.  8)

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #2169 on: May 11, 2011, 11:16:36 AM »
Playing crazy people's fun! :P

Which reminds me. I... should do something with Adam. -_- Soon.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #2170 on: May 11, 2011, 01:09:49 PM »
Adam or someone else, yeah. Y'otter be a bar-folk more often, Steph.

And Bear, Sapptus is awesome ^_^

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2171 on: May 11, 2011, 01:25:21 PM »
Hello, I'm a new member stumbling in! I know Shenmue out in Meatspace (believe it or not, she actually lives there!), and I am rather familiar with Mar himself. And the Bar? Heh, I've been interested in joining everyone here ever since she started sharing her Mar-posts with me over AIM!

Now that the off-topic drivel has been pushed out of the way, I think I'll simply familiarize myself with what's gong on currently (from what I can surmise, it's a fight), before pushing my way in. I've got a character that should... Ah how shall I say it? He might poke at Mar's current character developments a little. Mostly because he knows an alternate version of Mar, a fact that should really make things pretty interesting.

Granted, I'm a little intimidated, since Shenmue writes like a god, and some of the mod posts in this thread are making me shiver! I'll lurk around and see what is what, write a proper introduction in the proper introduction thread, and finish my final project for college while I'm at it. I have plenty of time, and I think it's right to let you guys conclude this fight first.

I'm hoping to slide in while Mar is still drooling... er, I mean, mostly-recovered! Yeah. My character profile draft will be coming soon~!
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
« Reply #2172 on: May 11, 2011, 01:28:47 PM »
GAH. NO. NO MORE.

...Sorry. XD I wrote myself into a neat little corner with the Fiona/Carris thing. You know, one way out that doesn't make me want to pull my hair out. XD I now remember why I stuck with just Genie for so long while RPing: multiple characters confuse me.

...Okay, so technically Adam and Carris are two separate people. :P But it's just one of them doing stuff! I can keep track of that.

Edit: Hi! *waves*

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2173 on: May 11, 2011, 01:35:20 PM »
Welcome.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2174 on: May 11, 2011, 01:37:07 PM »
Thanks, guys!

From the sound of it, it's possible to simply can drop in? Sounds a little rude, so I'll make a character sheet and then once that's been up, I'll find a random moment to start posting. Such is the nature of the Bar, it seems.

Or maybe I won't do that and just drop in. This character's like that, but I'm itching to give him some background for you. To me, it all would feel so incomplete without it!

Somebody should plant something up Mar's nose. God knows, it might start mutating into a man-eating palm tree before the fight if over, what with all this energy he's so charitably giving up for Ossanlin.

......Yes, I just suggested that somebody should shove a coconut up Mar's nose. Shenmue isn't here. She doesn't have to hear that!
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]