Author Topic: 101 ways to revive Rachel  (Read 4804 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: 101 ways to revive Rachel
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2011, 11:38:17 PM »
I had always wondered why Ellimist didn't have the whole team cloned since the beginning of the story. He DID invent the Andalites, after all. He's obviously good with genetics.

Then, when Rachel dies, he can time-freeze, replace real-Rachel with her nonsentient copy, let the copy take the deathstroke and get jettisoned into space and cremated. Then, Ellimist reinserts real-Rachel into the story after the others encounter freaky-Ax, and she helps save the day, woohoo! ;)

No interruption of continuity, check!
Rachel lives, check!

he didn't invent the Andalites. He made the Pamelites. Though he did help out the Andalites, they existed before he came to that neck of the galaxy.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline AF_junkie

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2011, 06:45:13 PM »
Or maybe a sario rip happens in a similar fashion as book#11 and allows one of them(tobias or jake) to go back and prevent her death in the first place.(seeing as she died for no reason at all, and tom would still be alive and possible of being saved). and just like in book 11, this person exists 2 places at one time causing an unstable condition, and just like in book 11 one version dies and the minds snap together allowing the story to still maintain the emotion of rachel dying, but making it so it didn't happen... [p]
only thats kinda cliche. you might as well make it so it was all a bad dream. which REALLY would be cliche.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2013, 12:34:40 AM »

12) Get a copy of the memories sold to guide in the Attack, and stuff 'em in Melissa Chapman or Cassie, or that one blind girl who acquired Rachel in the ultimate. The latter would be convenient: have the girl put in a coma, insert some Rachel brain, and (optional) go nothlit.

13) Bring Rachel back, but not in a physical body. Have her be an apprentice of sorts to the Ellimist, or act as a liaison to the Animorphs. They did that to Cordelia on Angel.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline Jdorsey314

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 10:25:02 AM »
1) The One was hiding on the blade ship already and it absorbed her, I see that others came to the same idea, which is cool.

2) rewrite the last book so she almost dies but doesn't.

3) I LOVED the idea of tying applegate to a chair, whoever said that. it's exactly what I want to do.

4) rewrite both of the last two books so no one is sent to kill tom at all.

5) forget "bringing back". tobias dies, but believed in christ, and goes to heaven? and she's there?

6) the polar bear changes sides. although I guess thats unlikely.

7) the polar bear hesitates, there is enough time to posssibly run right between its legs and be 20% morphed by the first blow, possibly surviving. kind of fits under method 2.

8 ) tom has no snake morph.

9) whatever happened with erek just never happens and the pool ship has full power to help.

10) the elimist decides it is not breaking the rules to intervene if he takes away her morphing ability, removing her from the war.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:28:49 AM by Jdorsey314 »

Offline TheAndaliteSeer

• Resident Psychic
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2014, 11:35:34 AM »
You know how Crayak likes to mess with the Animorphs by changing things around and creating alternate realities? Well, I always thought that, in my head, Rachel's death was one of those things that he/it did and that it would all be revealed to be an illusion in the end. Seeing as "The Beginning" ended with the whole premise that we, the readers, are now responsable to surmise our own conclusions on what happened, and what will happen next, I always concluded it that the collision of the two ships at the end would snap them back into the correct reality, and Crayak would fail once again.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :kitty:

Offline NothingFromSomething

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2014, 06:22:41 PM »
Why would you want everyone to survive though, big kum-bah-yah celebration?  It kind of misses the whole point of the series.

Person Of Interest re-watch.  Still stunning as ever.