Author Topic: Animorphs Myers-Briggs Personality Scales  (Read 1617 times)

Offline rocklobster

Animorphs Myers-Briggs Personality Scales
« on: June 14, 2009, 04:57:58 PM »
What Myers-Briggs Type Indicator do you think each Animorph has? If you click on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator part of the question above, you can see more info on what it is.

Offline CrayAK-47

Re: Animorphs Myers-Briggs Personality Scales
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 01:46:30 AM »
Haha, interesting. Unfortunately I haven't read the series for a while now, so my ratings will be a bit off since I can't remember every little detail about everyone's behavior.

Marco - ENTP. Obviously an Extravert, gains energy from being around others and getting a reaction from them. I picked iNtuitive since he's often able to see the big picture and is good with strategies (and can philosophically justify them, usually in a utilitarian sort of way). Thinking because Marco will, if necessary, subordinate his emotion to the more rational or pragmatic course of action, as he sees it (being able to contemplate killing his own mother, multiple times, is evidence of this, methinks). And Perceiving cause he's chill, spontaneous, and just kind of goes with the flow until he has all the necessary information to make an informed choice about something.

Cassie - ISFP. Wasn't sure whether to pick ISFP or ISFJ, but the description of the ISFP that I linked seems to fit Cassie a little better. Introverted--she doesn't need to be the center of attention, is quiet, and prefers to work by herself with her animals, or with people she's familiar with. Sensing because she's good with her hands? And I don't really get a "philosophical" vibe from Cassie, sometimes she acts hypocritically without concern for the greater moral framework for her actions, which are driven very strongly by her pacifist Feelings of compassion for what's right and wrong. And Perceiving because she takes it easy and doesn't need to plan everything out.

Jake - ISTJ. Heck, the description just fits him really well. I think most of the dimensions are fairly obvious with Jake, except possibly for the S/N? But Jake is really more of the "practical military commander" than the "innovative scientist general" (whatever that means) sort of guy, so that's how I justify choosing Sensing over iNtuition.

Mreh, I'm tired. Maybe I'll finish this later.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 06:59:58 AM »
I took one of these once. I think it was very accurate. I don't really want to do it for other people, though.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline wotw2112

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 08:02:21 PM »
Actually, I'd call Marco an introvert.  He's a thinker more than an acter (even if he is loud).  He never really struck me as precipitous (like Rachel for instance).  In fact I would hazard to call only Rachel and Jake (who acts then feels guilty later) extroverts.
"Well, that idea might make a stupid idea feel better about itself."
"His goat killed you?"
"I love you shovel."
"Your conscience calls you on the telephone?"

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 12:52:51 AM »
I was actually about to start a thread about this and found this old one, so I'll add on, even though it has been a while since anyone posted.

I took a personality test for each of the Animorphs at www.humanmetrics.com and this is what I got. Feel free to challenge any of these, as they are based purely on my unscientific best guess.

Jake - INTJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging)
Here is a summary, but you can read more at http://www.personalitypage.com/INTJ.html

INTJs live in the world of ideas and strategic planning. They value intelligence, knowledge, and competence, and typically have high standards in these regards, which they continuously strive to fulfill.

INTJs focus their energy on observing the world, and generating ideas and possibilities. Their mind constantly gathers information and makes associations about it. They are tremendously insightful and usually are very quick to understand new ideas. However, their primary interest is not understanding a concept, but rather applying that concept in a useful way.

INTJs are natural leaders, although they usually choose to remain in the background until they see a real need to take over the lead. When they are in leadership roles, they are quite effective, because they are able to objectively see the reality of a situation, and are adaptable enough to change things which aren't working well. They are the supreme strategists - always scanning available ideas and concepts and weighing them against their current strategy, to plan for every conceivable contingency.

The INTJ is committed to always finding the objective best strategy to implement their ideas. The INTJ is usually quite open to hearing an alternative way of doing something.

When under a great deal of stress, the INTJ may become obsessed with mindless repetitive, Sensate activities, such as over-drinking. They may also tend to become absorbed with minutia and details that they would not normally consider important to their overall goal.

Rachel - ESTP (Extroverted, Sensing, Thinking, Perceiving)
Here is a summary, but you can read more at http://www.personalitypage.com/ESTP.html

ESTPs are outgoing, straight-shooting types. Enthusiastic and excitable, ESTPs are "doers" who live in the world of action. Blunt, straight-forward risk-takers, they are willing to plunge right into things and get their hands dirty. They live in the here-and-now, and place little importance on introspection or theory. The look at the facts of a situation, quickly decide what should be done, execute the action, and move on to the next thing.

ESTPs have an uncanny ability to perceive people's attitudes and motivations. They pick up on little cues which go completely unnoticed by most other types, such as facial expressions and stance. They're typically a couple of steps ahead of the person they're interacting with. ESTPs use this ability to get what they want out of a situation. Rules and laws are seen as guidelines for behavior, rather than mandates. If the ESTP has decided that something needs to be done, then their "do it and get on with it" attitude takes precendence over the rules. However, the ESTP tends to have their own strong belief in what's right and what's wrong, and will doggedly stick to their principles.

ESTPs have a strong flair for drama and style. They're fast-moving, fast-talking people who have an appreciation for the finer things in life. They may be gamblers or spendthrifts. They're usually very good at story telling and improvising. They typically makes things up as they go along, rather than following a plan. They love to have fun, and are fun people to be around. They can sometimes be hurtful to others without being aware of it, as they generally do not know and may not care about the effect their words have on others. It's not that they don't care about people, it's that their decision-making process does not involve taking people's feelings into account. They make decisions based on facts and logic.

Tobias - INTP (Introverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Perceiving)
Here is a summary, but you can read more at http://www.personalitypage.com/INTP.html

INTPs live in the world of theoretical possibilities. They see everything in terms of how it could be improved, or what it could be turned into. They live primarily inside their own minds, having the ability to analyze difficult problems, identify patterns, and come up with logical explanations. They seek clarity in everything, and are therefore driven to build knowledge. They are the "absent-minded professors", who highly value intelligence and the ability to apply logic to theories to find solutions.

They may seem "dreamy" and distant to others, because they spend a lot of time inside their minds musing over theories. They hate to work on routine things - they would much prefer to build complex theoretical solutions, and leave the implementation of the system to others. They are intensely interested in theory, and will put forth tremendous amounts of time and energy into finding a solution to a problem with has piqued their interest.

INTPs do not like to lead or control people. They're very tolerant and flexible in most situations, unless one of their firmly held beliefs has been violated or challenged, in which case they may take a very rigid stance. The INTP is likely to be very shy when it comes to meeting new people. On the other hand, the INTP is very self-confident and gregarious around people they know well, or when discussing theories which they fully understand.

Since their Feeling side is their least developed trait, the INTP may have difficulty giving the warmth and support that is sometimes necessary in intimate relationships. If the INTP doesn't realize the value of attending to other people's feelings, he or she may become overly critical and sarcastic with others. If the INTP is not able to find a place for themself which supports the use of their strongest abilities, they may become generally negative and cynical.

The INTP is usually very independent, unconventional, and original. They are not likely to place much value on traditional goals such as popularity and security. They usually have complex characters, and may tend to be restless and temperamental. They are strongly ingenious, and have unconventional thought patterns which allows them to analyze ideas in new ways.

Cassie - INFJ (Introverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging)
Here is a summary, but you can read more at http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ.html

INFJs are gentle, caring, complex and highly intuitive individuals. Artistic and creative, they live in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. Only one percent of the population has an INFJ Personality Type, making it the most rare of all the types.

INFJs operate within themselves on an intuitive basis which is entirely spontaneous. They know things intuitively, without being able to pinpoint why, and without detailed knowledge of the subject at hand. They are usually right, and they usually know it. Consequently, INFJs put a tremendous amount of faith into their instincts and intuitions. This is something of a conflict between the inner and outer worlds,.

INFJs have uncanny insight into people and situations. They get "feelings" about things and intuitively understand them. They are deep, complex individuals, who are quite private and typically difficult to understand. INFJs hold back part of themselves, and can be secretive.

But the INFJ is as genuinely warm as they are complex. INFJs hold a special place in the heart of people who they are close to, who are able to see their special gifts and depth of caring. INFJs are concerned for people's feelings, and try to be gentle to avoid hurting anyone. They are very sensitive to conflict, and cannot tolerate it very well. Situations which are charged with conflict may drive the normally peaceful INFJ into a state of agitation or charged anger.

Because the INFJ has such strong intuitive capabilities, they trust their own instincts above all else. This may result in an INFJ stubborness and tendency to ignore other people's opinions. They believe that they're right. On the other hand, INFJ is a perfectionist who doubts that they are living up to their full potential. INFJs are rarely at complete peace with themselves - there's always something else they should be doing to improve themselves and the world around them. They have strong value systems, and need to live their lives in accordance with what they feel is right.

Marco - ESFP (Extroverted, Sensing, Feeling, Perciving) - I'm not sure I'm happy with this one... let me know if you come up with a better one.
Here is a summary, but you can read more at http://www.personalitypage.com/ESFP.html

ESFPs are lively and fun, and enjoy being the center of attention. They live in the here-and-now, and relish excitement and drama in their lives.

ESFP is definitely a spontaneous, optimistic individual. They love to have fun. If the ESFP has not developed their Thinking side by giving consideration to rational thought processing, they tend to become over-indulgent, and place more importance on immediate sensation and gratification than on their duties and obligations. They may also avoid looking at long-term consequences of their actions.

For the ESFP, the entire world is a stage. They love to be the center of attention and perform for people. They're constantly putting on a show for others to entertain them and make them happy. They enjoy stimulating other people's senses, and are extremely good at it. They would love nothing more than for life to be a continual party, in which they play the role of the fun-loving host.

Once crosesed, an ESFP is likely to make a very strong and stubborn judgment against the person who crossed them. They are capable of deep dislike in such a situation.

The ESFP under a great deal of stress gets overwhelmed with negatives thoughts and possibilities. As an optimistic individual who lives in the world of possibilities, negative possibilities do not sit well with them. In an effort to combat these thoughts, they're likely to come up with simple, global statements to explain away the problem. These simplistic explanations may or may not truly get to the nature of the issue, but they serve the ESFP well by allowing them to get over it.

ESFPs are likely to be very practical, although they hate structure and routine. They like to "go with the flow", trusting in their ability to improvise in any situation presented to them. They learn best with "hands-on" experience, rather than by studying a book.

The ESFP is a great team player. He or she is not likely to create any problems or fuss, and is likely to create the most fun environment possible for getting the task done.

I'll do Ax's tomorrow, but I've gotta hit the sack for now!
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 10:13:13 AM »
I actually got INTJ (the same as Jake) for Ax. I'm not sure if you can really determine an extraterrestrial being's personality type by using a human metric, but considering Ax is the creation of a human, I figure it's worth a shot.

Let me know what you guys think. I'm not happy with how all of the tests I took came out, so let me know if you can find better-fitting personality type for our heroes.
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline anijen21

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2009, 02:27:02 AM »
I think Ax's is dependent on whether he's in human morph or Andalite form.

Come to think of it, maybe all their personalities change depending on what form they're in. Hmm, this could turn into a long, involved nature v. nurture argument or I could just drop it lol
I go off topic on purpose.