Author Topic: GESB: OOC Discussion  (Read 226691 times)

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
Re: GESB: OOC Discussion
« Reply #2715 on: July 20, 2011, 11:25:04 AM »
The GESB: Urtahn thread is the locked one, lower down on the page.  You'll be able to post in it, Shawn, once Caleb unlocks it.  It already exists because Ogreon took Van and Ewa up earlier.  You don't have to worry about reading it or anything (unless you want to save Caleb some description time, maybe).  It's just that anything that does not take place in the immediate vicinity of the the bar gets a separate thread to help avoid spacial confusion.

Sometimes I get confused anyways....  :P
Work is for the weak

Offline RAFrukh

• Shapeshifting Pile of Goopness
  • Xtreme Member
  • <No, *I* have the sky!>
« Reply #2716 on: July 20, 2011, 11:40:51 AM »
Wait, I can unlock it? I thought a mod had to.
Shameless Promotion of my Universe
RAFcrushing on Mythgirl's ghost :hug: Rikki-Tikki-Tavi is my RAFbrother

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2717 on: July 20, 2011, 11:41:33 AM »
I went ahead and unlocked it.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline pyrebird

• Please, pet the Anthony!
    • DeviantART
« Reply #2718 on: July 20, 2011, 01:04:08 PM »
Seems that a thread for Van's ship will be in order in a few posts. I'll try to start that tonight. It would be better to wait, since I don't know how Rathien will respond to this, and am interested if he does, and I know I need to wait for Ewa's response.

I'm going to the Harry Potter movie at 4:30 today, so, yeah..... Don't expect me again until tonight.

Surprisingly, Van has less of an ulterior motive than you may think... He's worried about that darn cargo of his, the state of his ship, and.... Well, ok, he's interested in getting Ewa to open up to him, too. Never mind, I lied! XD

It's totally an excuse to get the upper hand in winning her affection! Bahaha~ Who cares about the Vivalite, Van's invited a hot girl (covered in blood) aboard his ship!
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline AmberKatira

• Disciple of Protein Purification and Pillar of Condescension
  • Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #2719 on: July 20, 2011, 01:49:15 PM »
Since Van's ship is right outside the bar, I don't think we need to make a new thread for it.  We'd have a billion threads if all of the ships in the vicinity of the bar had to thread out.  So it's probably fine as is, unless you were planning on putting the ship in orbit right away or something.
Work is for the weak

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #2720 on: July 20, 2011, 01:59:31 PM »
Yeah, side threads only exist for places that are not on the planetoid. Anything in orbit or beyond gets a side thread. You may notice that Terenia, Illim and Corliss have been hanging out in Corliss' Skimmer for quite some time. That's still within the GESB Main Thread because he's parked in the shipyard. If he were in orbit we'd have made another thread.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2721 on: July 20, 2011, 02:10:16 PM »
I don't trust that planetoid as far as I can throw it, meaning that I'll keep the activity within the main thread, then. Hooray!

I might consider using location markers, though. It's a habit, and now that Van will be heading outside the Bar proper, I'll favor them. I.e.,

~The Palkoris: Bridge~

Blablahblah, warp factor 5, yada yada.

And thaaaat's about it.
I am a little Meglet, I came here to roleplay. And armed with walls of text here, I'm ready to go play!
Meglet, Meglet, Meglet! She came here to roleplay! And with these walls of text here, she'll go and post away!

[Congratulations to weathel for correctly guessing that it was the Dreidel Song!]

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2722 on: July 20, 2011, 06:11:40 PM »
Mar's reaction to Atazin's cosmology would be...curious. Nerphid he'd spot very quickly and would be wary of. MITT is young, but has immense power----which to the at-least-several-hundred-million-years-old Mar would look like a little kid holding an atomic bomb. The others seem "keyed" to specific species, which among the gods Mar knows is odd. He's known species-specific gods, but he views it as a limited Belief-gathering strategy.

Due to Atazin's long and weird developmental history, its gods have worked on a hundred different sides at a hundred different times. It's typical in Mar's experience for Highest to do this, but odd that they appear to follow no one but themselves. Because in Mar's "realm" all gods descend from earlier still-living gods, they have a kind of eclectic family hierarchy going on. Gods equal to one another either are like siblings or barely tolerate one another. Actually, the lack of concern most of the Atazin gods have with each other (beyond rivalry between a few) looks very, very disorganized to Mar. ;P

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2723 on: July 20, 2011, 06:40:39 PM »
Hello. I am in the car at a gas station. It had surprisingly fast internet connectivity. Actually that scarrs me. Welp, car's full. Bye.

Offline General Squall Leonhart

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • I am The Lionheart
    • Facebook
« Reply #2724 on: July 20, 2011, 09:47:49 PM »
So Dark Master where will my char. be appearing? He lost consciousness again and wont wake until you fix the internal injuries (convenient huh?) :P

You should see my other Gunblade. ;)

Bazing Angel is my Flaming brother.......No, no, no he's NOT gay, just Flaming. :P

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #2725 on: July 20, 2011, 10:09:32 PM »
In a totally random out-of-context gas station-like statement....

Nuuuu, hotness fail! XD Oh well, I tried. ;) In a way, that's the problem: I must never, ever actually try.  It never works. :P

Boooooored. Checking GESB posts. And how does Salem get into these messes?! XD

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2726 on: July 21, 2011, 01:44:49 AM »
*facepaw* Can y'all tell that I really had no idea what to do with Jasper and Sapttus right now? I hate to say it, but... I'm kinda gonna let them sit at the bar for a while, just 'cuz I'm having to fight so much for something for them to do.

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2727 on: July 21, 2011, 08:56:37 AM »
They could always sneak into Van's ship and, uh... Shoot up on Vivalite. I really don't know what that will do to their bodies, but in general, it's an addictive drug that promotes cell regrowth.  It can make people live for a very long time, but again, it's addictive. In time, you could be messing up your natural biology to a point where your can no longer replace or heal dead cells on its own without the stuff.

Shenmue knows a fair a bit about the glowy green juice, too. In small, infrequent doses, Vivalite is effectively a syringe-based regenerative medicine. Although, the stuff is expensive, and in high demand. It's also what's being held on Van's ship. Hehe.

If course, we're talking about pirated Vivalite, here. Would you want that in your body? Hehehe..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:58:12 AM by pyrebird »

warren_bearclaw

« Reply #2728 on: July 21, 2011, 09:52:59 AM »
They could always sneak into Van's ship and, uh... Shoot up on Vivalite. I really don't know what that will do to their bodies, but in general, it's an addictive drug that promotes cell regrowth.  It can make people live for a very long time, but again, it's addictive. In time, you could be messing up your natural biology to a point where your can no longer replace or heal dead cells on its own without the stuff.

Shenmue knows a fair a bit about the glowy green juice, too. In small, infrequent doses, Vivalite is effectively a syringe-based regenerative medicine. Although, the stuff is expensive, and in high demand. It's also what's being held on Van's ship. Hehe.

If course, we're talking about pirated Vivalite, here. Would you want that in your body? Hehehe..
O.o If you're offering that to me, I already have enough issues with addictive substances. :P And as of now, Jasper and Sapttus wouldn't know what the heck they were doing trying to steal something. Waaaay out of their comfort zone... not that they've exactly been *in* their comfort zone since being here, but... yeah.

Offline pyrebird

• DeviantART
« Reply #2729 on: July 21, 2011, 10:18:58 AM »
Haha, just an idea. Either way, I'm kind if just patiently waiting to see what Rathien does, for now. What's coming up might be a big post, and I really don't want to use my phone to post it, since it will take a while to figure all that out. So, I'm waiting.

...that, and I finally have work to do in the office! Yay!

Also, Shawn! He will likely be appearing in the sickbay of the Urtahn. Ogreon's onboard doctor, the somewhat excitable Dr. Vallav will probably attend you. At any rate, just making a short post about your unconscious character popping up on the floor of this place will be sufficient for now.

I've had my fair share of unconscious characters before, and it's understably vexing as to how to handle the situation. But give Caleb the hint that you're on-track and just make a short post will do. I can bet that he'll let his characters do the work until it's likely that your character will wake up.

Which he probably can do in about one post, if I'm right about how sophisticated his medical facilities are! Then it's just whatever you want from here in out. It will be intetesting, considering how Ogreon's definitely one of the scarier-looking characters, here...