Author Topic: Surviving Civilians who were the worst off.  (Read 3860 times)

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
Re: Surviving Civilians who were the worst off.
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2009, 08:02:37 PM »
could animals count as civilians? if so, I nominate spawn, david's cobra. imagine what visser three would've done to him, thinking he was an andalite...

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2009, 08:09:48 PM »
T_T poor spawn

i can't even imagine what they did to teh poor snake

===============================================

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2009, 09:09:39 PM »
could animals count as civilians? if so, I nominate spawn, david's cobra. imagine what visser three would've done to him, thinking he was an andalite...

Oh, or how about that eagle that got eaten by Taxxons in book #33?

Returning to humans, I can't believe nobody's mentioned poor George Edelman yet . . . the guy with a Yeerk stuck in his head forever, and who couldn't even commit suicide over it because a bunch of birds of prey had to go and save him.  :(

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2009, 09:37:37 PM »
I wonder what they did with all the Humans after everyone found out about the Yeerks. Did they leave them in mental institutions, or did they try to get the Yeerks out somehow? Who knows. I feel kind of bad for all the Georges out there.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2009, 11:24:32 PM »
Another person is the nameless woman saved from the Yeerk Pool in #1. Who was she? What happened to her? She must have been on the run for the rest of the war to avoid the Yeerks.

I think it's pretty widely assumed that she's the same person as the crazy lady from MM #1.  In which case, I can't feel too sorry for her.  On the run from Yeerks or not, she does try to kill Rachel just for the random possibility of her being a controller.

i'd never really thought much into that, but it makes sense.

Offline Fwahm

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2009, 03:36:45 AM »
Surgery could possibly get the Yeerks out, like Jake threatened to to do Visser One.

Probably a big risk of brain damage though, unless Andalites are brain surgery pros.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2009, 10:34:59 AM »
Another person is the nameless woman saved from the Yeerk Pool in #1. Who was she? What happened to her? She must have been on the run for the rest of the war to avoid the Yeerks.

I think it's pretty widely assumed that she's the same person as the crazy lady from MM #1.  In which case, I can't feel too sorry for her.  On the run from Yeerks or not, she does try to kill Rachel just for the random possibility of her being a controller.

i'd never really thought much into that, but it makes sense.

I've heard that theory but it's really just a guess. It makes sense, but there's no real evidence to support it. If it is her, it's hardly her fault if she's gone crazy, but yeah it's harder to feel sorry for a crazy woman who tries to kill you...

Surgery could possibly get the Yeerks out, like Jake threatened to to do Visser One.

Probably a big risk of brain damage though, unless Andalites are brain surgery pros.

It's possible it might work, but who knows what they Yeerk might be able to do in response? It's possible the Yeerk might kill the host, or that forcibly removing the Yeerk would cause permanent brain damage.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Without whom, we would all be lost...
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2009, 12:35:16 AM »
Did Chapman survive? I think his life pretty much sucked...
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2009, 10:02:06 AM »
I think he lived. His Yeerk probably didn't.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2009, 11:00:24 AM »
Prolly ended up in some mental hospital with what he had to go through...
"Hey, who taped a full color picture of a forum to my screen? And why won't it come off??? What?? it's an Animorphs forum, and you can talk about your favorite Animorphs and such??? Oh, Best Thing Ever! Best Thing Ever!"

Offline voodooqueen126

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 03:02:05 AM »
I think Chapman was a stronger and bigger man than to succumb to mental illness and frankly mental illnes is not caused by experience, but biological chemistry within the human brain causing psychological problems. People who have survived horrors in real life (such as the Holocaust) may be affected, but most go onto lead normal lives. Meanwhile people  living  beautiful priviliged lives under western democracy experience mental illnes and go to mental hospitals. Sometimes it is not society but psychological (and screw Durkheim).
Perhaps Yeerkbane could remove the yeerk, and also the andalites could develop morphing technology so that it can 'reset the DNA' and thus reduce the brain damage and injuries without giving huge numbers of untrustworthy humans morphing technology. If not then George and Co are the most unfortunate people; after all many humans could've benefited from yeerks (illiterate people taught to read and fly spacecraft engineers taught superior yeerk technology thus giving themselves employment oppurtunities)but there would be no benefits to George and Co. Just a life time of mental hospitals and requiring care.

Offline dolphin4077

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 01:37:35 PM »
How about John Berrymen's parents from MM#3?  The Animorphs had good reasons, and breaking up ended being accidental, but they were still homewreckers.

Offline DinosaurNothlit

• Pixellated Prehistoric Paradox
  • Gold Donor
  • RAWR!
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2009, 01:49:13 PM »
Dude, you feel sorry for John Berryman's parents?

John himself had it waaaaay worse off.  He ceased to exist!  And for no other reason than because his Yeerk screwed up history.

How much must that suck?  To know that you will not just die, but be completely deleted from space-time as if you'd never existed in the first place?

Offline adeon222

• Jr. Xtreme Member
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 01:52:18 PM »
Fortunately for him, he never existed, so he was never the wiser! :)

I don't know why we're talking about some guy who never existed, though, and I can hardly qualify him as a "survivor"...

*feels the headache setting in from thinking about the space time continuum*

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 04:06:21 PM »
Never existing is not a bad thing. It's not good either.

Ani-Master 2014!