Author Topic: Best and worst cover art  (Read 7347 times)

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
Re: Best and worst cover art
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2008, 09:34:05 AM »
I'm not actually sure...
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2008, 11:14:24 AM »
 interesting to note rachel...what she's wearing...and how she has her arm on marco. haha
RAFcrushin on Tyler. Come on, isn't everyone?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2008, 11:23:55 AM »
interesting to note rachel...what she's wearing...and how she has her arm on marco. haha
She's wearing something blue. That's all I can tell. That picture may have been made while KA was thinking of a Rachel/Marco relationship, as opposed to rachel/Tobias.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline beachbeagle

• It's all in your head.
    • Beachbeagle's Hompage
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2008, 01:12:19 PM »
I agree. I've always thought Jake was the one with the red and white shirt on that.

As far as what Rachel's wearing it looks like a blue sweater and a red plaid skirt. I might be wrong though.

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2008, 03:33:28 PM »
 yeah, the skirt is interesting to note, but being the fashion girl she is, why not? but at the same time...at least IMO, it doesn't fit her...

Offline Starsword

« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2008, 10:33:08 PM »
Maybe it was because my heart was in my throat, but the David chronicles has best taglines and best covers overall, in terms of a set of chronological books.
Until then we fight.

Offline Hylian Dan

« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2008, 12:12:39 PM »
Lol, that was on topic. It's one of the inside covers....
It was actually the cover of "An Alien Dies", when The Andalite Chronicles was split into three installments. That's why the complete version of TAC has two full blown inside cover pictures.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41SZ5AGJ16L._SS500_.jpg

Tobias is the one in the red/white shirt, and Jake's in the green. The Animorphs calendar had a photo of the models in that pose, in the same clothes and you can tell them apart there. Plus, the TAC picture emphasizes Tobias looking down at Elfangor which is appropriate cause that's the book that reveals Tobias is his son.

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2008, 03:03:11 PM »
NICE HYLIAN DAN!

Offline Nateosaurus

• Superhero
  • God
  • Now madness takes you, forever
    • My youtube :)
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2008, 07:00:21 AM »

Tobias is the one in the red/white shirt, and Jake's in the green. The Animorphs calendar had a photo of the models in that pose, in the same clothes and you can tell them apart there. Plus, the TAC picture emphasizes Tobias looking down at Elfangor which is appropriate cause that's the book that reveals Tobias is his son.

Ah, so I was right. :) Thanks
Most likely to have a superhero identity 2012
Best superhero duo 2012 (Team Phate)
Most likely to survive the zombie apocalypse 2013

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2008, 10:55:31 AM »
 and you just had to make a post to show us you were right huh? hahaha :P

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2008, 02:45:20 PM »
Lol, that was on topic. It's one of the inside covers....
It was actually the cover of "An Alien Dies", when The Andalite Chronicles was split into three installments. That's why the complete version of TAC has two full blown inside cover pictures.

Yeah, Andalite Chronicles was merged into 1 book, but was released separately as 3 parts. I really wish it hadn't though because at the time no one really cared about spoilers, and many people gave away the ending for me about Tobias being Elfangor's son :(

Anyways, if you want confirm this proof: Go to Hirac Delest, click "Story" up at the top and scroll down. You'll see this exact same picture there. If you click on the individual Animorphs, it'll take you to their page. The picture was originally sliced by Scholastic (which is where I got it from), and they had the same setup. The boy in the red & white shirt is definitely Tobias, and was linked that way on the original Animorphs website also.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Gafrash

« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2008, 07:16:33 PM »
I liked The Predator, simply because Marco is winking, and I feel it epitomizes him...
OMG! I always thought that, too! Also I like this cover because Marco morphs his battle morph. Thank God because I saw one the one the artist would have done for a lobster. In all the other Marco covers he seems to morph small animals.

#19 was a great one, especially the blue and gold color scheme. <3
I, too, liked the colour scheme on #19. I'm gonna go with this one being my favorite cover art. It is beautifully done.

For my least favorite, I am going to go with cover of the very first book.
It seemed like it was still very much a experimental graphics thing. I know it captures a 90's feel with the graphics, but I wasn't moved by the plain backg. And the 'mid morph' stages were too long to do any sort of decent layout! Thank god they cut back a 6 stages one.
Just looks out of place. More than #2, I reckon.
I think the sketchy look in #2 saved it. They were still being somewhat experimental with a cover look here.

But I think the most memorable one was The cover with Elfangor for the Andalite Chronicles.

my least favourite:
MM#3. I didn't really like how the animorphs looked in that. and the background doesn't seem to make sense to me.
Cassie's pose on that is so stupid, and Rachel's expression doesn't look right...

Cassie's pose does look pretty odd, doesn't it? It's the only one that stands out incorrectly. There are two things that I can't help but thinking:

Whether Jake is cupping Cassie's bum, or that Cassie is sitting on Jake's hand altogether. There's also the fact that Cassie's positioning infront of Ax reminds of "Ax the Prostitute".

Either way, odd.

Not really. For me the poses were about the composition. Marco and Cassie had to be sort of crouched so Tobias, Rachel and Ax could be visible. They are just posing for the morphs they turn into in the inside cover. This is also what makes Tobias look big and Ax kinda small.
I, too, think she looks like the only one who is ready to morph.

Offline tobiasthehawk

• Bleh
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2008, 08:03:49 PM »
The Hork-Bajir Chronicles would have to be my favorite cover! Even the back of the book had a beautiful illustration on it. It made me have a feeling of peace and calm when I first saw that book.

I can't really think of one that I just hate though. Maybe #35 because of the poodle morph. Kinda lame to me ;p
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."-Stephen Hawking

"I'm sorry, I lost my boots and the legs of my pants in a deadly fight with a giant seaslug, which I won in the nick of time with my clever thinking and my, uh... cleverness."
-- Roger, while procuring pants at the Galleria

[img]http://dragcave.net/image/WL2N.gi

Offline Azguard

• God
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2008, 10:33:47 PM »
 lololololol.