Author Topic: The Imagine Game  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
The Imagine Game
« on: September 09, 2008, 05:27:29 PM »
Welcome to the Imagine Game!

You must be thinking "What? How? Why?..."

So I'll explain (about the "why"):
I'm trying to write the rules of a role playing game (on table... not video game... take a look here if you don't know) about the world of Animorphs. I already wrote few rules, and I'll show you later...
But for a RPG, if I want everybody - even people who didn't read any Animorphs book - can do the GM (Game Master), I should write everything about every races and every planets and every years of the story and... and of course you know Katherine didn't write everything ^_^
So... let's imagine!!!! We will imagine what could be each race, and make some descriptions of the planets... Not full and "closed" descriptions, but things we need for the game to work.

What do you need to play?
You don't needa be a rolist or a GM. It isn't useless, but you really don't need it.
You need: a brain, a computer, maybe the Animorphs books (or ebooks) to help you to remember the little descriptions Katherine could write about this or that...
If you wanna draw, to illustrate your descriptions, it's perfect ^_^

If you have any question about the game, please ask here.

I'll make thread for each race/planet/... who needa be imagined, and I'll put the links here.

Now, let's play!! (you can take your time ^_^ I don't need answers just now)

List:

PS:
In the RPG, about each race will have a special power or can have one... I would like to make that each race is interesting and different to the others. Andalites and Humans will only have the morph power, Yeerks infestation, Hork-Bajirs strengh, Chees strengh and holograms, Leerans telepathy. Most of that races had good descriptions, same for their society, so we'll only have to complete them.
But for the other ones, we'll have to imagine what power they could have. Not too strong power (or they should have a "limit"). Funny or not. Useful or... not. ;)

PS:
I wanted, maybe, make a race who can "control" a little the animals by their mind, just make their instinct stronger or slighter... For example, if a tiger wanna eat them, they could slow down it's instinct to make it feel not hungry. But I don't know what race could take this power... maybe the Skrit Na (that would explain why they like to have zoo with so many spacies from other planets), or Kelbrids (why not ;))... If somebody wanna take this idea for a race...

Here the list of the races I'll include in the game (some that players will be able to play, some they won't):
  • Andalites
  • Humans
  • Yeerks
  • Hork-Bajirs
  • Taxxons
  • Chees
  • Leerans
  • Garatrons
  • Helmacrons
  • Gedds
  • Howlers
  • Iskoorts*
  • Kelbrid
  • Hawjabrans
  • Ongachics
  • Skrit Na
  • Dayang*
  • Nartec*
  • Norshk*
  • Mak**, Nahara**, Orff**, Sharf Den**, Sstram**
  • and of course the animals from other planets that we saw and/or we will imagine ;)
*maybe I'll include them, not sure
**I'll include them only if we have too many ideas and wanna add new races... here we have the names ;) But in fact, I think we won't need them.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 07:31:21 PM by Dameg »
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
Re: The Imagine Game
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 06:20:30 PM »
What about some of the races from the Ellimist Chronicles? Like the Generationals, the Illithan(sp?) Confederation, and the Capasins? (I don't think we ever found out what happened to them, so they could still be alive.)
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 06:54:52 PM »
And the Pemalites?
This races lived a long time ago, and I supposed they disappeared. Like the Pemalites or the 2 species who lived on Earth with the dinosaurs. If you think one of this species could live still now, then explain it ^_^
You also can create new species... I don't wanna stop your imagination. But of course, remember it's for a RPG.
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum

Offline AniDragon

• Gold Donor
  • Train of thought, like broken pencil, has no point
    • My tumblr
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 09:05:32 PM »
I'm actually writing a fanfic about the Generationals, albeit slowly. They're proving to be difficult to write. Although I came up with an interesting dialect for them to speak with.
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Currently Reading: Winterwode, by J Tullos Hennig
Currently Writing: Demon's Bane
Currently Editing: Elder's Requiem

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 05:59:35 AM »

I really like the idea of this game Dameg, but I'm finding it really annoying the way the same game has flooded the Animorphs board by already having 5-6 topics for itself, but with different species, planets, etc. Is there some way we could organize this better? While this game might interest many people, I'd rather just see the discussion topics in the Animorphs board instead. Perhaps a move to the Roleplaying section, or even a subforum for itself?

If it doesn't bother anyone else, then ignore my post. I don't want to cause an unnecessary change, so I'll deal with it myself.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 06:08:14 AM »
Yeah, I don't really like it either. well I don't mind it now, but once it has like 40 different topics, we'd have to go back and forth between two pages or something.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 06:34:02 AM »
I understand, I don't really like too many topics too, but if we put everything in the same it won't be very clear...
Richard, i'm sorry to ask you that, but couldn't we have a special topic, somewhere, about the Roleplay game project? Truth me, I'll continue it and I'll do everything to finish it. I'd like to make the first trial with friends next year.
I'll re-do my website and put what I make on it, but if I need help, it's better here.

Ah, the roleplay game's name will be "Morphose" in French ("Morph" in English?). I don't wanna give the name "Animorphs" because this word will be only for Jake's band (who will be not playable characters, but who will still exist in the game, like Visser 3, Crayak, The Drode, Ellimist...)
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
My Forum