Author Topic: After all these years...  (Read 6602 times)

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
Re: After all these years...
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2009, 01:23:20 AM »
Nice find! I got one from the library for 50c a few months ago <3 That rocked.

yeah! i already have a personal copy so i'm going to mail it to Zohrra <3

===============================================

Offline Darth Revan

• Master of the Star Forge!
  • Gold Donor
  • Now you see the true Dark Lord of the Sith!
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2009, 02:09:33 PM »
Gah, I hate buying used stuff. I grew up getting hand-me-downs, so now I try to buy new everything.
RAFengaged to Midnight_Huntress

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2009, 02:25:34 PM »
good luck with that XD

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2009, 03:03:43 PM »
Well, I won't need luck in a couple years! Since they're re-releasing the Animorphs with new cover art!

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2009, 06:48:52 PM »
i guess i guess we will be having a new bunch of Ani fans once they read teh re release

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2009, 06:56:30 PM »
You know it!! We should put on our hard hats early as a precaution ;D

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2009, 07:10:23 PM »
yeah. i just hope they are not go with the flow fans liek so many we see today. they are fans cause others are fans. oh well

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2009, 10:46:24 PM »
Oh you know they will be for a while. That's how fads work. :)

Offline Shark Akhrrana

• OOOH FISH
    • Chronicles of Hyrule
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2009, 10:48:17 PM »
yeah but the fake ones will be weeded out after a while i suppose hehe.
They will eventually get bored and leave

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2009, 11:53:26 PM »
Yep, unless RAF hooks them in and they stay for the peeps and not the books.

Offline Elfangor Sirinial Shamtul

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2009, 10:44:26 AM »
I LOVE Prince Elfangor Sirinial Shamtul! <3
There are many dangers for an Andalite in human morph. For one thing, there is the constant danger that you will fall off your two legs. The slightest push and you can topple over. But worst by far, is the danger of taste. Taste is the sense that can drive an Andalite mad! Especially is it involves cinnimon buns or chocolate.
From the earth diary of Aximili Esgarrouth Itsthil

Offline donmoosavi

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2009, 09:51:24 PM »
Just wanted to throw this out there....

I hadnt read Animorphs in about 7 years; I read them from the age of 9-11, hungrily devouring the books; our school library had a great deal of the books, not all but most, so I read most of them but a bit out of order, and the last 10 books except for the last book (the beginning) weren't there. Regardless, I loved Animorphs and in my elementary days would take out a few books from the school library every week.

I did own a few books that werent in the library, and I found them a few weeks ago, and it brought back the memories of animorphs, of the days where I had immersed myself into the story of the teenagers who turned into animals... I had this craving to read the series again, and I found this website.

I'm 17 years old and somewhat of a literary scholar; I consider myself an excellent writer and reader, and have read and enjoyed books of all levels since my days of animorphs- from Harry Potter to A Tale of Two Cities.

I went to the E-book section and became hooked. In the past two weeks i read all the books from the main series and I have to say, in my opinion, these books do indeed have the levels discussed earlier- i had appreciated them as a kid, and now, almost 10 years later, i enjoyed them greatly now. They are literary triumph because they mix light humor, action, dark themes, and adventure. When i was a kid i hadn't read the last 10 books, so i was actually surprised how EPIC the battle actually became, and the decisions Jake made near the end, in the second to last book. I really don't think i could have appreciated the political and moral commentary there.

The books are written simply, yet the style (i am slightly disappointed to find out they were written by ghostwriters, but i couldn't really tell the difference) flawless in its simplicity.

I can definitely say that the books are not just as good as i thought they were, but far better. Animorphs is awesome.

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2009, 01:27:14 PM »
i guess i guess we will be having a new bunch of Ani fans once they read teh re release

I doubt it. For one, I don't think it will be well advertised, so most people won't have it. For two, I think modern media watchdogs won't like the gore, and discourage it. For three, it's not the empty headed 'literature' with no meaning that kids these days like (I'm looking at you Twilight). For four, most kids these days probably won't jump on to a 60+ book series; younger kids have the internet now that we didn't have at that age. For five, most grade school libraries (where many of us first found the books) won't stock them because it's a lot of books to buy and they aren't interesting in spending money now when they have plenty of books anyway. For seven, there are already too many popular book series on the market right now to compete - back then, the only competition for Animorphs was Goosebumps. For eight, don't comment on the fact that I didn't put a six. For nine, don't go back to make sure I didn't actually put a six. So basically, don't randomly expect a hoard of new fans to flock to RAF - not only will it be very unlikely, but also, they'll probably be younger kids who won't stay for long, and probably just get mad because of all the spoilers everywhere.

What does it mean to be free?

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2009, 04:35:39 PM »
You know, it's funny. When I originally read the series, I had no idea some of the books were ghostwritten. Now, when I look at the list of ghostwritten books, it almost exactly corresponds to the books that I don't remember at all. Only Lady Applegate's writing seems to have stuck with me. I think the fact that I loved the series so much had as much to do with her writing style as it did with the insane epicness and the instant entertainment value at almost any point in the books. Really, to me back then, every book was an amazing new adventure, but looking back, it would have been about the same to me if the ghostwritten books had just not been written (that cuts the series in half, give or take). That said, it's still the only book or series I've ever actually been anywhere near that obsessed about, and I wouldn't trade my young geekiness for anything, especially considering I always got the feeling that most of the kids in my school were not... uh... cool enough to read anything at all.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Darth Revan

• Gold Donor
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2009, 05:58:03 PM »
Yeah, I never knew that they were ghostwritten either.