Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element ~The Beginning  (Read 76676 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element
« Reply #930 on: September 10, 2013, 12:14:28 AM »
There's no answer to Claxter's thought-speech call as the field medic, Varekil, had long since returned to the privacy of his quarters to attempt to recuperate from the night's trials and grab what sleep he might be able to after discovering the loss of the human infant that had been, for all intents and purposes, under his express care, even though he'd not been present during the child's passing.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #931 on: September 10, 2013, 03:41:25 PM »
Terenia's scowl is still firmly in place, even after Keshin and Claxter's departure. The half-eaten protein bar is held in one hand, slowly being crushed by her fingers.

"Having them in any circle bothers me," she says to Illim. "Having them alive bothers me."

Her eyes snap to Aetheas, and they narrow slightly. "Please don't tell me you're that ****'s little sidekick," she says, gesturing in the direction Claxter went. "One is more than enough on this dapsen ship." Frustrated, she sits back on the 'bed', frowning.

<It is hardly irresponsible to return the knowledge that I was deprived of,> Efaen says primly. <I was a warrior once, a true warrior, not just in name. Surely piloting was a part of my training, and I deserve to regain those skills. If we should run into trouble, I would like to be as useful as possible.>

She favors him with a small smile of her stalk eyes. She is beginning to become comfortable with this role, especially as she realizes how useful Eleric may be to her.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #932 on: September 10, 2013, 09:43:09 PM »
<Indeed.  I can't imagine what it must've been like, waking up alone knowing nothing of who or where you are.  They took something from you more precious than life itself.  I wouldn't want anyone to go through that...not even an Imperial.>  Eleric shakes his head and risks another gentle touch on Efaen's shoulder.  Not too forward, merely an extension of physical contact to convey empathy, but he leaves his hand there as he continues on.  <But we can remedy at least some of that.  Who knows, maybe piloting will bring back more of your memories...if not, at least it will make you some new ones.>  Eleric smiles with his main eyes, once again withdrawing his hand.

<But I rather think that Claxter is more worried about...personal... responsibility.  I believe he's worried that I might have the gall to attempt to achieve a more intimate standing in your eyes...perhaps that is his goal, I couldn't say for sure.  If so, perhaps he is impressing his motives upon my actions.>  Eleric shrugs a bit before continuing.  <I want to help you regain some of that which was robbed so cruelly from you.  Piloting is the subject in which I would be the most-useful as a teacher.>  Eleric grins a bit more ****ily, partially marring his facade of self-professed humility as the simulated fighter approaches a gas giant planet with several moons.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:24:09 PM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #933 on: September 12, 2013, 08:35:39 AM »
Aetheas's eyes go wide when Terenia addresses him. That had not been the type of introduction he'd expected. <****'s sidekick?> he inquires. Her use of language is not entirely familiar. <Claxter is my teacher, but he is not the only teacher I have aboard the Tyrennian.> He sounds tentative, as though he's worried his words might further offend her.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #934 on: September 12, 2013, 08:55:22 AM »
Keshin laughs a bit at that comment. Salem was a tricky customer, but even he couldn't get Keshin out of Ossanlin's ship. "I don't expect you to this time," he said with a hint of mirth to his voice. "Those were some strange times. I hope your latest crazy idea doesn't get you killed, given your impressive track record so far."

Keshin's voice then takes a turn for the solemn. "And...yeah. Ossanlin isn't directly responsible, but the Rebellion has it bad. It's very possible that some Andalite organization called Sector Seven, or something, might be after them now. I'm technically not supposed to tell anyone that, but that's all I'll say. I think we're finally in **** deeper than we can handle.  How much would you be willing to put on offer for this job?"

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:06:41 AM by Shenmue654 »

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #935 on: September 12, 2013, 09:22:12 AM »
Efaen frowns a little, her main eyes remaining firmly on the holographic viewscreen, even as she listens to Eleric. <Claxter and I...evidently we had some sort of bond, before I lost my memories,> she confesses. A single stalk watches him as he touches her shoulder. <I do not know the nature of it, and I do not remember him from before. I know only that he seems attached to me in a way I find...disconcertin g. He seems caring enough, but he has memories of me that I do not, and that makes me wary.>

Terenia actually laughs at that. It's a sharp, incredulous sound, and the fact that she can make it at all seems to surprise her. "They actually let him teach?" she asks. "As in, tell other people what to do?" She rolls her eyes to Illim. "Jesus Christ, we are so ****ed. If Claxter is one of the people who has authority here, we'll be dead within a week."

Turning her attention back to Aetheas, she takes the Andalite in a little more carefully, noting, among other things, his twisted tail. "Listen, do yourself a favor and don't listen to anything he says. Especially about me or that **** Efaen." Swallowing, she decides to finish her tirade up with a half-hearted attempt at being civil to the creature. "I'm Terenia. This is Illim, and his host Daniel."
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 09:24:44 AM by Terenia »

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #936 on: September 12, 2013, 11:17:51 AM »
Eleric nods slowly in understanding.  <I see.  Yes, I do remember him reminiscing fondly of you once.  I can understand why.  I heard stories about some sort of galactic watering hole from a few of the others on-board, including the Captain.  I'm afraid I can't say exactly what Claxter's feelings were or are toward you.  He is somewhat introverted, after all.  He usually means well, but I can see how that might be disconcerting to you.>

<As for me, I remember you from when you were aboard before.  I never actually spoke to you except in passing, I'm afraid you spent nearly all of your time in quarters.  Of course you should remember that as well as it happened after Ossanlin retrieved you from the rebellion.  I don't expect you to remember me, of course, but I'm sure you remember that period of time being transported back to the Homeworld.>  He pauses a moment as they approach the gravity well of the simulated gas giant.  <I'm sorry for the way some of my species-mates treated you there.  Of course you lost precious knowledge, but that was through no fault of your own.  You should not have been held responsible for the treachery that the Rebellion imparted on you.  Everyone should've merely been happy that we got you back alive.>

RAF Silverblade

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #937 on: September 12, 2013, 05:21:49 PM »
"Sector Seven?" repeats Salem. "Hmm..." After a moment, he continues in a different vein, giving her a sum for this job, in Andalite currency, that would probably be more appropriate for a fairly high-level assassination. "And I'll pay extra for any additional information," he says again.

A wordless, surprised-sounding yell from Al can be heard in the background, and Salem curses quietly before speaking to Keshin again. "Kess, I've got to go. You don't need to decide on this job now. Do it if you can, but don't get yourself killed trying. If I'm not reachable at this frequency... probably just leave word at that crap-hole bar."

Al shouts a second time, and Salem yells, "I'm coming! You are so impatient!" To Keshin, he says, "Take care of yourselves out there. Hopefully I'll see you soon." With that, the transmission ends.

<I know who you are,> Aetheas responds when Terenia introduces herself and Illim. His tone is matter-of-fact, if slightly pretetious. <I am aristh Aetheas-Emelen-Sirinial.>

<Claxter's teachings have been... adequate,> he supplies. That's high praise, coming from him. He frowns, trying to work out the odds of their being dead within a week. <I am not sure how much bearing Claxter's position can have on our survival.> He's not sure how much stock to put in what she's saying, so he proceeds cautiously, afraid of making a cultural misstep. How embarrassing would that be? He eyes her questioningly, <Would you rather, then, that I listen to the things someone else says regarding yourself and that...> he tries out the unfamiliar word, <**** Efaen?>

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #938 on: September 12, 2013, 05:40:50 PM »
Claxter makes it back to the dome to find Keshin, though he finds her in the biowaste room. He waits off to the side for her to be done before speaking. <Hello again Keshin. I hope this isn't too personal, but may I ask who was sending you a message personally? I didn't think about it initially, but I became worried that it may be someone from outside the ship. If it was, you should probably tell me.>
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 08:23:59 AM by Chad30 »

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #939 on: September 16, 2013, 12:53:15 PM »
Salem's news was less than thrilling, even despite the huge amount of money he was willing to pay for it. For one thing, why was the trader wiling to compensate them that much for a few Andalite ship plans? They can't be terribly hard to get on the black market, even considering how secretive the Electorate was. Salem was in trouble, but not in a hurry? Worrying situation, that.

<Look, if we get the time we'll do it for 'im. But not now. You've seen how little we're trusted, Kess.>

<...I can scarcely believe you're advocating for the intelligent move.>

<It happens.>

Keshin leaves the bathroom and notices....that same Andalite from before...waiting for him. When he explained why he was here, Keshin stifled a groan. He wondered if this little fellow had any idea how annoying his habit of getting into other people's business was. "It was someone from outside the ship, but I'm in no position to do the job he offered right now."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #940 on: September 16, 2013, 01:30:43 PM »
<We're trying to keep an extremely low profile. In fact every Andalite on this ship is supposed to be dead, and this ship isn't supposed to exist anymore. I would be cautious about taking any calls at all, since your clientele is unfriendly towards us, assuming they knew we are alive and have gone rogue. You should probably get rid of the communicator altogether. I'll try to trust you with it instead of running to prince Ossanlin, though. Can we have an agreement there?>

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #941 on: September 16, 2013, 09:14:57 PM »
Efaen nods. <Yes, I was...not particularly thrilled with my time on this ship. Ossanlin forced me to leave the rebellion, against my will. I did not want to leave, and I did not want to return to the Homeworld. Because of him I have lost one of my closest friends. Because of him I have lost the trust of Andalites and Yeerks alike.> She lets out a slow exhale through her nose slits, then forces a smile. <I understand that he was acting within his sense of obligation, but I wish he had not. I would have been happy to remain with the rebellion, regardless of the role they played in my memory wipe.>

Terenia's eyebrows raise and a smirk crosses her face. "I think I like you, aristh," she says, automatically falling into the habit of referring to someone of such a low rank by his rank alone. Her time with the Andalite military has left a few footprints. "How about you don't listen to what anyone says about us, except us? I can speak for myself, you know."

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #942 on: September 17, 2013, 10:28:31 AM »
<That is quickly becoming apparent,> Aetheas says, frowning a little at Terenia's use of his rank instead of his name. To be fair, though, he didn't know much about her, and she had said she liked him. Maybe he was better at making friends than he'd realized. He may not have even needed Claxter's charitable company in order to follow the Command Warrior's orders today. Best not make a misstep now.

<Very well,> he says, nodding a stalk eye, <I will consider you the authority regarding yourself.> He pauses, not sure how to word his question, <It is understandable that you would want to be in charge of your own reputation. Is this request... common human practice?> He hasn't seen anything about that in his reading, but he hardly considers the research he's done to be completely comprehensive.

Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #943 on: September 17, 2013, 05:02:50 PM »
"This client isn't from from the Empire, and I don't normally do jobs for...for Andalites. Given that we met him at the Bar, I don't even know when he is from let alone where. Doing a job for him probably wouldn't threaten the Tyrennian, but I don't have the opportunity at the moment." Keshin was to some extent lying through his teeth here, given what Salem actually wanted. The other half was at the least true.

"As for the communicator, I can promise the War-Prince that I won't do anything that would either alert someone to this ship's continued existence or compromise our position. You can hold me to that as it would be spitting on our honor otherwise. But if your War-Prince doesn't offer me either trust or a specific...incentiv e we discussed, I have no reason at all to dispose of it entirely."

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #944 on: September 17, 2013, 05:19:41 PM »
<Alright. I'll believe you.> Claxter said. He had an idea of who it might be, but wasn't really familiar with the guy. he didn't remember talking to him much. <When the two of you have more time, I'm sure you and Prince Ossanlin will find the means to build some trust.>

<I don't really know if you would know anything about this, but do you know of any exercises Humans use to build arm strength? I'm sure this probably sounds odd, but I thought I may as well ask. I've been considering some training...>

Ani-Master 2014!