Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 95371 times)

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #1065 on: March 03, 2014, 05:13:38 PM »
Yeah...we also really need Jessi to post again.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1066 on: March 06, 2014, 09:37:14 AM »
Sorry guys! I was out of town last weekend for a wedding and it ended up being way more busy than I anticipated. I barely had time to think, let alone get my computer out.

Headed off to work for the day, but I'll get a post in this afternoon or evening. Sorry again for the wait!

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1067 on: March 07, 2014, 09:31:05 PM »
The idea of Ferxal being a plant is interesting. Likely too impractical, though.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1068 on: March 13, 2014, 12:39:59 PM »
Hmm. Last response from Jessi was March 6th, so it's now possible to move. Unfortunately I stand no chance of posting--- got a thirty page paper to write. >___< I remember having so much time to myself only a few years back, and I remember I was kind of okay with it...

Eh well. *Hugs everybody* :}

~We are doing fine, to let all of you know. I may have something up. I am glad that the place nonetheless still functions.

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1069 on: March 13, 2014, 12:43:35 PM »
I'm glad you're doing well, as I'm sure the rest of us are.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1070 on: March 23, 2014, 09:00:37 PM »
I'm disappointed that things ground to a halt again. I was looking forward to a conversation where claxter gives a few details in regards to the battle to show this wasn't just "a battle". Something like wading through blood and using piles of corpses for cover. Maybe even fighting on top of a layer of corpses from the last waves.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1071 on: March 23, 2014, 11:18:22 PM »
I'm sorry Chad, I'm waiting on Scott's characters at this point.  I've started writing some narratives if it comes down to it, but I'd rather not have to use them just yet.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1072 on: March 24, 2014, 09:08:49 AM »
Ahyep. Life. Busy. Sorry >.< Post is up.

Hey, Shen, Temser is a Yeerk term ;)

Jessi et al, here're my tentative thoughts surrounding Varit's little hints of background in that post. All subject to change, of course, pending approval.

Jenny's a short, bubbly young woman of Asian descent who genuinely enjoys hosting Yeerks to the point that she splits her time between three or four individuals to allow them all the chance to be hosted. Varit's one of these individuals. She's the closest Varit's had to his own human host. I'm not sure how much sense the shared headspace makes in the context of the Rebellion, so let me know if that doesn't fly.

Gerald's (very tentatively, depending on whether there's still allowance for unnamed pirates) a former pirate member of Keslin's crew and a host to a Yeerk named Tivish, pending approval. Obviously, Keslin would know both of them quite well, so finding out about Gerald's death would come as a blow (one more in a long string >.<). Tivish is completely unaccounted for. If all the pirates are already spoken for, I may ask you to let me claim one to be the corpse aboard the Bug and alter the name in my post to match.

I'm intending to write Varit as sort of a spectator in the Rebellion thus far-- one who knows the Rebel leaders and the drama they get themselves into from a distance, but tends to be fairly unknown himself-- sorta holds the Rebellion leadership in a celebrity-like place in his mind. Should be doable for me as a writer-- I'm aware of the Rebellion from a distance, and am introducing Varit as a new character that I'm still getting to know myself ^_^
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:15:46 PM by Aluminator (Kit) »

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1073 on: March 24, 2014, 03:09:39 PM »
I'm aware of Temser being a Yeerk term, and that's exactly why I used it. ;]

Call it a bit of intentional self-reference. I'm prone to using terms that are equivalent to something I'm trying to describe even if they're not within the frame of reference of who I'm talking to. :p It's like calling an alien "Mickey Mouse in Space," except that Keshin's using his own pop culture reference.

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1074 on: March 24, 2014, 03:22:33 PM »
Just making sure. That's pretty awesome, actually ^_^

Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1075 on: March 24, 2014, 07:25:19 PM »
That all sounds good, Scott! Do you have any idea what you want for Jenny as far as her fate is concerned? And it it something that Keslin would know, given the rendezvous points they've gone to so far?

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1076 on: March 24, 2014, 08:24:53 PM »
Aaand...ACTION!   ;D

RAF Silverblade

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1077 on: March 25, 2014, 12:40:46 AM »
WHOAH. O__O Bring on the doom, Oss! Here we go! XD

What would Aetheas and Keshin notice in terms of stuff? Thought-speak alerts, shaking ship? Would they see the Blade ship from the Dome?

Also, I'm wondering what in the hell's going on....o.o

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #1078 on: March 25, 2014, 07:52:04 AM »
That all sounds good, Scott! Do you have any idea what you want for Jenny as far as her fate is concerned? And it it something that Keslin would know, given the rendezvous points they've gone to so far?
I'd like to leave it open to bring her in later, but I don't think I'm ready to start playing her just yet, so I don't think she's made it aboard. If Keslin asks around, he may find some people who saw her boarding a ship with others when the Rebellion was attacked, or something roughly equivalent.

:hyper: Battlebattlebattle. ..

Luke, "Tails to the wall" made me laugh. I'm beginning to like Eleric, but in a way that makes me want to punch him. Haha ^_^

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1079 on: March 25, 2014, 08:43:18 AM »
You're not the only one, Al.

Ani-Master 2014!