Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 95376 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #1035 on: February 11, 2014, 10:08:27 AM »
An old friend of mine stopped by the other forum I went to, and we've been chatting about RPs. He said they were ignoring him on the other board, where they're a little more serious, and asked me to recommend something else. I asked him to come here, and hopefully he will post in GESB or RE. I told him it was more about character arcs than fighting, and he's fine with that. I also explained how characters don't influence other characters physically, like if I throw a fireball at you, you decide if it hits.

If he says yes, I might suggest he join as another Andalite with Ferxal that comes after the time skip.

It has been several years since I've talked or RPed with him, so I can't say anything about his style of roleplay. He was kind of like me when we were younger, making cool looking characters that could kick ass, but were pretty flat, though I believe he's grown out of it. I hope you guys are up to it, and I hope this turns out well.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1036 on: February 11, 2014, 10:38:03 PM »
By plausible, Jessi, I really meant more in the context of the rebellion...as in would you or could you have had a Taxxon(s) in your rebellion?

Oh, yeah. Yeah, they have Taxxons. Not many -- maybe a dozen or so -- and they sort of stayed penned up in the basement by the cabbage. But they were there. They were the main source of expansion, because they could build more tunnels.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #1037 on: February 12, 2014, 02:30:03 AM »
Ah, cool.  I guess the only other thing to determine then is whether or not your guy comes in during the time-skip or not, Scott.  I'm going to start writing this up, I promise, but I'm in a pretty crappy mood since my work wouldn't give me tomorrow (technically today since it's after midnight) off.  It's complete BS considering all the un-asked-for time off I had last week.  But whatever...I hate my job anyway.  I'm the guy that everyone dumps on...someone else has an issue, it's always my responsibility to fix it for some reason.  But if I have an issue, I'm told to "just deal with it."  I'm reaching the end of my rope with this job.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1038 on: February 12, 2014, 09:35:17 AM »
Start looking for a new job. I know the idea that some people hate their jobs is not uncommon, but that just shouldn't be. I didn't really care for my first restaurant job, but at least I was surrounded by nice people and started enjoying it when I took it more seriously. You need a job where people treat you well.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1039 on: February 13, 2014, 07:06:13 PM »
That looks great Oss.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1040 on: February 14, 2014, 10:22:43 AM »
Shoot, Scott I broke your post. I'm sorry! Moderator privileges run amok! I don't remember what you said, but I put my post in its place then accidentally deleted it. argh! I did copy this much:

I don't know if you were already planning on it or not, but do we kind of want to say we picked up an indeterminate number of NPC rebels during this time-skip, just to give us a pool to pull future characters from? Sort of like the bizarrely ambiguous Andalite crew of the Tyrennian we have now?

I think that's reasonable. The 80 or so characters between Tara, Marie, and myself don't comprise the entire population of the base (which is several hundred strong at its peak, not counting the Yeerks. It's completely believable that a bunch of NPCs made it and were picked up.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1041 on: February 14, 2014, 10:39:18 AM »
Haha. I'm glad I'm not the only one hitting the wrong buttons all the time >.< No worries, Jessi. Bizarrely, I have it open in another tab. Yay for thousand-tab browsing!

[spoiler=old post]
Ah, cool.  I guess the only other thing to determine then is whether or not your guy comes in during the time-skip or not, Scott.  I'm going to start writing this up, I promise, but I'm in a pretty crappy mood since my work wouldn't give me tomorrow (technically today since it's after midnight) off.  It's complete BS considering all the un-asked-for time off I had last week.  But whatever...I hate my job anyway.  I'm the guy that everyone dumps on...someone else has an issue, it's always my responsibility to fix it for some reason.  But if I have an issue, I'm told to "just deal with it."  I'm reaching the end of my rope with this job.
First: :hug: I'm with Chad. Trying to find a less poisonous environment cant' be a bad thing.

Secondly: I'd be okay with either bringing in my character during the time skip or immediately afterwards. I'm not sure what you had in mind for the time skip. I'm picturing skipping ahead to us just reaching the last rendezvous point. If that's the case, I'll RP us finding Varit from there. If you wanted to skip to some other location, I'll just say we found Varit at one of the rendezvous points over the course of the week we're skipping.

I don't know if you were already planning on it or not, but do we kind of want to say we picked up an indeterminate number of NPC rebels during this time-skip, just to give us a pool to pull future characters from? Sort of like the bizarrely ambiguous Andalite crew of the Tyrennian we have now?[/spoiler]

Luke, the time skip does look excellent. I think subpar for you is still... superpar for most of us :P I liked the brief listing of what everyone's been up to. It's like the ending of Animal House, only not at all.

Also, I could have sworn I posted this, but: Chad! Tell your friend it would be awesome to have him here! Seriously, the GESB needs resuscitation...

I'll get a Varit/Aetheas post up shortly.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1042 on: February 14, 2014, 11:48:06 AM »
Dude Luke....you write Roleplay posts so well you make the rest of us look like drooling idiots sometimes. XD Also, Ipsilon is still a sexy, sexy Andalite. XD I have it in my head that his fur is a darker blue and he manages to be lithe and disturbing at the same time. Ossanlin on the other hand looks like "your soul" --- Lighter blue, taller than average, manly arms from katana use, perpetually surprised. X]

I'm probably totally wrong on all those fronts because I've forgotten the character descriptions, but private visions of a universe are nice. <3

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1043 on: February 14, 2014, 12:03:17 PM »
My friend came here as a guest, but I'm not sure if he'll join. He hasn't responded to me since I told you guys we might get a new player, but it's possible he's just busy. I was thinking he could come with Ferxal, but I've been looking forward to posting for him so much that I really didn't want to wait on him. His name on Zelda Universe is Link's Guardian. I don't know if he'll use the same name here.

I hope I can do an anti Claxter well.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1044 on: February 15, 2014, 03:12:02 PM »
That was a bit more abrupt than I was planning Chad, but I can work with it...we'll just assume that the appropriate preparations were made to bring Ferxal aboard.  Also, just an FYI, Ferxal should be somewhat surprised to see a Mark III Dome Ship...there have only been five completed at the time of this RP.  One was actually destroyed, the Tyrennian was supposedly destroyed, one of the others was heavily damaged and is under repair, another is undergoing a retrofit.  According to the Andalite military, there's only one Mark III Dome currently deployed, and it isn't the Tyrennian.

Also, Ferxal will likely recognize who Ossanlin is even though he doesn't know him personally...not too many Dome Ship Captains that walk around with a pair of swords...and Ferxal would also know that Ossanlin is supposed to be dead...there was a big parade-like funeral on the Homeworld for him.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1045 on: February 15, 2014, 03:15:57 PM »
Sorry for making it abrupt. I guess I was excited.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1046 on: February 15, 2014, 03:20:54 PM »
It's alright.  Like I said, I can work with it.  ^^

RAF Silverblade

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1047 on: February 15, 2014, 03:43:28 PM »
And just when you thought this area was bad enough...

Aetheas is currently in his quarters, studying, as he has been for I assume most of the week we skipped, except for training. I'll pull him out soon, though.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1048 on: February 16, 2014, 07:56:13 PM »
Everyone's going to worry that Ferxal will be like Efaen was when she first joined the rebellion. As soon as he gains everyone's trust, he sets a plan into action that kills and hurts many. How will he gain the trust of people who have already been burned by another Andalite? Maybe he won't. Especially since he's not really a friendly person.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #1049 on: February 16, 2014, 11:01:55 PM »
XD Joanne and Keshin might start up a conversation with him, and the best part of that is that he has no character history with them whatsoever. Their joint disagreeableness should be more than enough to....do....somethi ng. ;)