Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 95386 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #1020 on: February 04, 2014, 11:38:53 AM »
I'm thinking that he'll be drifting through space on a damaged fighter, and losing air. His Prince, the same guy Claxter used to work under, was on a mission and went a little crazy and caused nearly the whole squadron to get killed. They pick him up so he won't die, and after the formalities he says he'd like to post a reassignment request to the Electorate. Though of course he knows too much for them to let him go, and he has to stay on the ship. Is that good?

I'm glad you approved. It will be fun trying to make a polar opposite of Claxter.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #1021 on: February 04, 2014, 11:49:52 AM »
Hmm...that could cause some intrigue.  We could wait to add him until after the time-jump and actually role-play his intro...it would actually provide some decent fodder for roleplay interest in fact.  He will have to earn trust...he'd be even more dangerous to the Tyrennian than are the rebels due to his morphability and pre-existing knowledge of Mark III Dome systems.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1022 on: February 04, 2014, 02:28:34 PM »
When Ferkal sends the distress message, does the pilot pick it up, or someone else? Assuming Claxter is at the helm, would he just answer the call?

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1023 on: February 04, 2014, 08:24:08 PM »
The Communications Officer would handle inbound and outbound messages, the Sensors Officer would handle any information coming to the ship through non-message means, so either the Comms Officer or Senors Officer would detect the signal...likely both, though Comms officer would be the initial handler I should think.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1024 on: February 05, 2014, 08:38:37 PM »
I guess if my guy ever got really desperate, and could get some of Xevec's explosives and Claxter's DNA, he might be able to just stroll up to the pilot's console and set off the explosives. As long as he had some sort of inconspicuous way to transport them. I doubt he would do that, but it's the first thing to come to mind if he was going to do something that would fubar the Tyrennian.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Myitt

• Mangiatore dei gatti -- RAFcapella
  • Gold Donor
  • Don't you mean extinct...?
« Reply #1025 on: February 05, 2014, 10:38:01 PM »
Hey guys, sorry for the delay, I'm going out of town for a conference and should be back by Saturday. Also, I will hopefully have internet at the conference hotel place thingy. *hugs* feel free to Yeerk my guys, sorry for the inconvenience!!! <--wow that sounds really formal...

"Screw drugs.  Smoke RAF." - Ash

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1026 on: February 06, 2014, 01:53:41 AM »
Actually Tara, I don't know if you read any of the above posts but I'm actually stuck not being able to do the time-jump thingie because I NEED input from either you or Jessi first.

In the duration of the one-week time-jump:

Will we have stopped at any other rendezvous points?
Will we have picked up any more rebels if so?
Will we be adding any official rebel or Andalite chars from you guys?

Also:

What do you guys think of Scott's character sheet/Taxxon idea and do you find it plausible?
And perhaps I should've led with this...do you concur with inserting a one-week time-jump?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 02:01:23 AM by Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin) »

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1027 on: February 08, 2014, 05:28:14 PM »
I have sent PM's to Tara and Jessi asking at least one of to take a moment and respond to my questions in-thread as they are fairly important.  If I cannot get a reply out of either of them by Monday afternoon, I'm going to just have to decide which other rebels we find, I guess.  I'm uncomfortable doing that, and I feel as though I'm stepping on toes, but I've been waiting almost two weeks as it is, so I don't know what else to do.

RAF Silverblade

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1028 on: February 08, 2014, 05:37:40 PM »
Sorry guys. This whole three jobs thing is kicking me in the ass. I might have to step out for a little while, until things calm down.

Luke, in response to your questions:

Will we have stopped at any other rendezvous points?: All of my surviving characters have been picked up. I think it stands to reason that the remaining survivors (who belong to Tara and Marie) may have been scattered or left the rendezvous points after a significant amount of time passed with no one stopping in. It's reasonable to assume that the Tyrennian went to a rendezvous point and no one was there, or just a small amount of people (like Scott's new chara)

Will we have picked up any more rebels if so?: None of my characters. Probably none of Marie's since she's AWOL. Possibly some of Tara's if she feels up to adding charas.

Will we be adding any official rebel or Andalite chars from you guys?: I'm sticking with Efaen as my sole Andalite for now. When I jump back into things I have plans for her, and I'm bogged down with way too many characters as it is.

Also:What do you guys think of Scott's character sheet/Taxxon idea and do you find it plausible?: Plausible, except that I'm echoing your concerns about nutrition. If he's been floating around on a ship for weeks/months I don't know how he would survive. Not unless he took refuge on a planet with lots of animals that provided a meat supplement without causing a Taxxon any danger. I suppose some meat could have been taken upon escape and kept in stasis so it wouldn't go bad, but I doubt it would be enough to last months. Especially considering a Taxxon's hunger.

And perhaps I should've led with this...do you concur with inserting a one-week time-jump?: Yeah, that's fine! Like I said, I have to step out for a little while. Feel free to Yeerk my characters as needed in the meantime. This month in particular is just...absolutely bananas. I've been so busy I can barely see straight. Once I regroup I'll hop back in.

Sorry it's been such a long delay, guys. I know I've kept you waiting and that's not fair to you. I'll try to be more proactive about admitting when things are too busy irl for me to keep up.

In the meantime, if you have any RP or character related questions, could you do me a favor and PM them to me? Or even if you need to Yeerk one of my characters and aren't sure what to do? I'm more likely to see it in a PM because those go straight to my phone. Thanks!

Love you all. :)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 05:39:20 PM by Terenia »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #1029 on: February 08, 2014, 06:50:51 PM »
:hug: Jessi, let me know if there's anything at all I can do to make your workload lighter... or at least make it seem lighter :P I miss roleplaying with you.

Luke et al: these challenges in dealing with having a Taxxon aboard? These are EXACTLY WHY I want to bring him aboard! I want our characters to figure something out! I want to roleplay how in the WORLD we're supposed to deal with that situation, especially in the midst of everything else going on. The Taxxon may not survive the trip, but I think it'd be immensely interesting to see what our characters come up with. I honestly think it's doable, though probably not easy.

Still up to you guys, though. Anybody else have thoughts on the whole Taxxon aboard the Tyrennian debacle that's pending? Maybe save it for later on, when we have less immediate crap going on?

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1030 on: February 08, 2014, 08:01:50 PM »
I miss playing with Jessi too. I don't know what kind of plans you have for Efaen, but try not to treat the poor thing too badly. I was think when Xevec finds out she's on board, try to get her to attempt to hang out on the bridge and be their eyes and ears. Just use Claxter as an excuse. I don't want it to look like I'm trying to use other characters to help them get together, because I honestly am not, and Xevec would probably not want them to genuinely be friends anyway.

Someone's bound to say that they can't trust her, but to Xevec, saying that she wants to help the rebels would put her at about the same level of trust that he has for anyone on board. Which is kind of depressing, but he's got issues he needs to deal with.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #1031 on: February 08, 2014, 09:16:45 PM »
I'm not planning on doing anything too terrible with Efaen, though there is still the tracking chip to contend with, which could be a bit traumatic. I mean...she's already lost her memories, can't the girl get a break?

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #1032 on: February 08, 2014, 09:27:34 PM »
I know, right? At least throw the dog a bone sometimes.

Ani-Master 2014!

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1033 on: February 09, 2014, 03:03:34 AM »
By plausible, Jessi, I really meant more in the context of the rebellion...as in would you or could you have had a Taxxon(s) in your rebellion?

RAF Silverblade

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
« Reply #1034 on: February 11, 2014, 01:34:40 AM »
Sorry guys, I meant to have the time-jump all typed up and posted tonight, but work ran late and now that I finally have some time on the computer, I can't see straight.  I'm gonna pass out for the night.  I'll try to get it done tomorrow, but it depends on how work goes.

RAF Silverblade