Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 95381 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #780 on: September 05, 2013, 07:01:52 PM »
Keshin seems to have a weird relationship with the rebellion. Sometimes he's friendly, sometimes he's killing them.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #781 on: September 05, 2013, 08:54:39 PM »
Okay, I finally caught up in here. No energy to post tonight, but I'll get on that soon. Sorry about the delay.

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #782 on: September 05, 2013, 11:05:47 PM »
Yeah, pretty much Chad. XD

It sources from the fact that Keshin/Joanne are a for-hire bounty hunter, actually. They kill, capture, or steal whatever or whoever someone pays them to. This results in a situation where both the Rebellion and the Empire have, at various points, paid them to attack someone from the other. Since Keshin is completely indiscriminate in who they work for, well....there you go.

To make the whole thing even weirder, Keshin has been hired to kill Myitt specifically so many times, and has been hired by Myitt to kill people so many times.....that they've developed this bizarre frenemy relationship. It's fun. XD

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #783 on: September 06, 2013, 02:32:59 PM »
Why in the world did I immediately fall back into using past tense when I started posting for Salem? There is no way past tense is that deeply associated with the character in my mind, is there?

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #784 on: September 06, 2013, 02:39:40 PM »
Maybe. Is that the tense you take in Salem's Story? I've seen the title, but don't actually read it.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #785 on: September 06, 2013, 03:32:50 PM »
Yeah, Salem's Story is written in past tense, and his posts almost always have been as well, but I'm trying to switch my RPing to be present tense lately. It's just weird to me that I've been so good about present tense until I was posting exclusively for Salem.

Salem's Story

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #786 on: September 06, 2013, 03:42:44 PM »
Maybe it's just a part of the narrative voice you associate instinctively with him; if it is, there's nothing wrong with that, and it can help put the readers in the mindset of Salem being a unique entity from the rest who use present tense.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #787 on: September 07, 2013, 03:03:16 PM »
Maybe it's just a part of the narrative voice you associate instinctively with him; if it is, there's nothing wrong with that, and it can help put the readers in the mindset of Salem being a unique entity from the rest who use present tense.
I think that's what it must be-- I just, on some level, instinctually associate Salem with past tense. Either that, or I know him well enough as a character that I just tend to write his posts without needing too much thought, and I'm still at the point where writing present tense requires me to consciously make sure I'm doing so. When I write Aetheas's posts, I'm still not always sure right away what his reaction to any situation would be, since I'm still getting to know him, so I take a bit more time on his posts, and during that time, I tend to notice if I've missed a verb tense or two.

Salem's Story

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #788 on: September 09, 2013, 09:06:52 AM »
Okay, I'm not entirely sure who's still in the room with Illim and Terenia. If Myitt is there, Aetheas should definitely react, so if she is, I think he probably doesn't see her for now.

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #789 on: September 09, 2013, 09:14:04 AM »
I don't think she's in the room. I could be wrong, though.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #790 on: September 10, 2013, 09:54:24 AM »
I wonder if I should wait until after keshin and Salem's conversation is done before Claxter talks to her.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #791 on: September 10, 2013, 03:33:49 PM »
It's just Illim and Terenia. Myitt is with Keslin in the hallway somewhere.

...I know I suck...I keep saying I'm gonna post. Bear with me guys. It's been a long week.

EDIT: Okay, I threw a post up. Sorry it isn't my best writing...I'm fighting a migraine.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:42:36 PM by Terenia »

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #792 on: September 11, 2013, 09:19:30 AM »
Sorry for the delays folks--- we've been swamped with law school preparation and won't be able to post until we have a free moment. Love you all! <3

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #793 on: September 12, 2013, 08:39:50 AM »
Sorry for the delays folks--- we've been swamped with law school preparation and won't be able to post until we have a free moment. Love you all! <3
Love you, Kells ^_^ Life happens. No worries.

Her eyes snap to Aetheas, and they narrow slightly. "Please don't tell me you're that ****'s little sidekick," she says, gesturing in the direction Claxter went. "One is more than enough on this dapsen ship." Frustrated, she sits back on the 'bed', frowning.
Aetheas withers like a wilted flower, having been unprepared for Terenia's anger. Silent and numb, he stumbles back down the corridor and into the bathroom, where he weeps like a little girl.

Or, alternately:

When Terenia speaks, Aetheas stares, aghast. He looks to Illim, confused, and says, <I am not familiar with the type of thing I am seeing.>

[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 08:45:07 AM by Kitastrophe »

Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #794 on: September 12, 2013, 09:47:19 AM »
If Claxter is one of the people who has authority here, we'll be dead within a week."

And He's going to be flying the ship too! Isn't that great?

Ani-Master 2014!