Author Topic: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC  (Read 95383 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: The Galactic War: Rogue Element OOC
« Reply #660 on: July 15, 2013, 09:09:22 PM »
I'm not sure how to respond to that. It reminds me of the vitriolic best buds trope, though I really doubt they'll get that far.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #661 on: July 16, 2013, 01:50:19 PM »
They're fun to watch. ;)

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #662 on: July 17, 2013, 02:27:37 PM »
Sorry guys, I have been working nonstop (seriously, it has been multiple 12-hour days here), and I'm desperately trying to finish a grant that is due tomorrow at midnight before I leave for Tara and Dave's wedding Friday. I'll be gone until July 26, and I'm not sure if I'll have internet access.

There's, sadly, no such thing as a summer break anymore! Things just never slow down!
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #663 on: July 17, 2013, 02:33:27 PM »
I'm glad I graduated before the took summer break away, though I do agree taking three months away from school all at once is probably not good as far as schooling goes.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #664 on: July 18, 2013, 12:16:26 AM »
Likely what happens, in this universe where Keshin and Joanne exist, is that the condition they have is one of those fatal diseases that's supposed to kill you off in infancy or disable you completely. Even on the off chance that a sufferer finds out about the "energy discharge" trick and prolongs their life a bit longer, the results would so alienate their caretakers that the kid wouldn't last long. When you put this situation in perspective, despite Joanne's bitterness she had some truly resilient and decent human beings as parents. But people can only take so much.

If Keshin is able to negotiate a one-time use of the Escafil device for the duo, they may feel deeply indebted to the ship and crew and become fiercely loyal to Ossanlin's goals. Or their old, selfish, cruel habits may catch up to them despite the crew's benevolence. We shall have to see how it all turns out. <3

Offline KitsuneMarie

• On the move
  • Gold Donor
  • Fantastic Ms Fox
« Reply #665 on: July 18, 2013, 08:08:24 AM »
I'm glad I graduated before the took summer break away, though I do agree taking three months away from school all at once is probably not good as far as schooling goes.

I suppose? But I graduated college 5 years ago and have been working ever since, so that's what I was referring to. :)

But yay, wedding! Boston! Vacation! :D :D :D
Aluminator's RAFsister

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #666 on: July 18, 2013, 08:17:17 AM »
Oh, ok. I hope you guys have fun at the wedding. I went to my sister's wedding, and it was a lot of fun. Be careful, though. Someone set some flowers on fire at ours.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #667 on: July 23, 2013, 11:04:04 AM »
Wedding was good fun. Kelly, it was amazing to finally meet you ^_^ It was so nice to see everyone else, too. We need RAFian-connecting portals or something.

I expect both this thread and the GESB to stay slow for at least a couple of weeks here until Tara and Jessi are back in the States.

In the meantime, it's tail-fightin' time!  :headbang:

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #668 on: July 23, 2013, 11:16:33 AM »
I'm glad the wedding was good. You guys should post pictures.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Shenmue654

• Xtreme Member
« Reply #669 on: July 23, 2013, 11:29:08 AM »
It was actually wonderful to finally meet you. <3 I have to say....you're more handsome than you give yourself much credit for. Although that may be because I know something of the person attached to the face. ;)

<3

But yeah, things might be slow around here a while. We'll just sort of cruise along and watch the tail fighting. XD

Offline Luke Skywalker (Ossanlin)

• RAF Silverblade
  • Gold Donor
  • May The Force be with you.
« Reply #670 on: July 23, 2013, 11:38:27 PM »
I hope you guys all had/have a good time.  I didn't have the financial means to join you all anyway, but I still can't help but feel that I missed out on some good times.
:raftrophy:

Best Role Play Writer ~ 2012
RAF Silverblade
Genuine Kimmeree's Anichat Player

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #671 on: July 24, 2013, 07:50:25 AM »
I'm glad the wedding was good. You guys should post pictures.
I actually don't have any, but I'll bother Tara and Jessi for theirs when they get back.

It was actually wonderful to finally meet you. <3 I have to say....you're more handsome than you give yourself much credit for. Although that may be because I know something of the person attached to the face. ;)
:-] Stop it, you <3 To be fair, you're cuter than you let on, so I think we're even in that regard :P

I hope you guys all had/have a good time.  I didn't have the financial means to join you all anyway, but I still can't help but feel that I missed out on some good times.
:hug: Next time!

Salem's Story

Offline Terenia

• Jr. Staff
  • Got it memorized?
« Reply #672 on: July 24, 2013, 02:43:02 PM »
Hey guys, posting from Dublin! Had an awesome time at the wedding. I'll post pictures when I get back to the states -- I only brought my tablet with me, not my laptop, so posting pics is difficult.

We had an amazing time in Liverpool. Had a chance to meet up with Mike (Phoenix004) and do a Beatles tour. Brian and I will be in Ireland until Monday, and Tara and Dave until Wednesday. This hostel has internet in the rooms (yay) but we're only here tonight and tomorrow night, so idk what the situation will be after that.

Anyhow, just wanted to pop in to say what a great time I had with all the RAFians. Kelly I'm so glad I got to meet you -- and that we got you to your plane on time!!!

Miss you all (both irl and in rp land :) )

Best Fanfiction Author 2008
Best Roleplay Writer 2009
RAFian Artist of the Year 2010
Best Roleplay Writer 2011
Best Roleplay Writer 2013

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #673 on: July 25, 2013, 11:13:04 AM »
Claxter didn't really block anything, Lumy. He just turned to try to keep the water out of his eyes.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Social Staff
« Reply #674 on: July 25, 2013, 11:56:43 AM »
Gnaip (that's my new sound for affirmative). Alright, I'll tweak the post.

Salem's Story