Author Topic: can they just aquire a morph from a morph? and can one morph a nothlit?  (Read 2429 times)

Offline ThinkAgain

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • What to say?
Re: can they just aquire a morph from a morph? and can one morph a nothlit?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 10:07:41 PM »
I always assumed that you couldn't acquire a morph or a nothlit because your mind was still technically in z-space, tethered to your current form. I'm pretty sure that's why a nothlit cannot regain the morphing power, because their mind would have to go through two or more minds while in z-space, and the complexity would block it or make it too complicated to compute. I'm pretty sure the Ellimist simply made hawk Tobias' natural form, as if he were never a nothlit, which is why he could now morph. Since hawk is his native form and not technically a nothlit morph, it would be akin to someone acquiring Jake or Cassie in human form.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 04:16:56 PM by ThinkAgain »

What does it mean to be free?

Offline Kitulean

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • Kit Army Second
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 10:19:27 PM »
That makes a lot of sense, Think. Nice fanwank.

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 12:47:23 AM »
Since hawk is his native form and not technically a nothlit morph, it would be akin to someone acquiring Jake or Cassie in human form.

exactly what i thought.
he's no longer a human hawk-nothlit at all, he's a morph-capable hawk with a human mind.

Offline Galladerotom

• Analysist, Paranoid, Trekie, and Psychic
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 08:44:01 PM »
Note to all: next time the author comes online we ask.

Basic dilema: Lauren acquired tobias in book 49. However this doesn't answer the question of whether or not you can always morph a nothlit because the Ellimist tampered with tobias's morphing powers.

Consensus: by vast majority, we assume that since a nothlit simply a morph one is stuck in then one cannot be morphed. Tobias is an exception because the Ellimist changed his origional form to a hawk.
We must extract the truth from this unbeliever on pain of torture! Get...THE COMFY CHAIR!

Offline Aluminator (Kit)

• Most Ladylike-Robot-superhero-weak ankled Chippendale-loose cannon teleporter-1/64 ninja-not British comedian-also not Steph-Kit in spirit-Sharing member for life-cuddlestorm-bricklayer-necromancer-Hot Dog Day enthusiast!
  • Social Staff
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 10:41:40 PM »
Well... I wouldn't say "vast" majority. I'm strongly of the opinion that nothlits can be acquired, based at least partly on Ax's lack of reaction to Tobias being acquired.

Marie and Abby are my wonderful RAFsisters ^_^
Salem's Story