Author Topic: The Visser book cover  (Read 3174 times)

Offline Chad32

• God
The Visser book cover
« on: August 10, 2008, 05:07:10 PM »
Does anyone know why Visser Three was put on the cover of Visser, instead of Marco's mother? I find that weird.

And why is Visser Three's tail blade pointed backwards?

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Re: The Visser book cover
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 05:12:41 PM »
absolutely no clue

His stalk eyes are weird on it, both go forward, but on the back cover you can see one eye too, like it's turned
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 05:34:40 PM »
I remember hearing somebody say that the book was originally going to be about him (or at least have him more heavily involved) but KA changed her mind, but they liked the artwork or something? That might just have been a rumour.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 05:40:31 PM »
Does anyone know why Visser Three was put on the cover of Visser, instead of Marco's mother? I find that weird.

And why is Visser Three's tail blade pointed backwards?
according to the anibase (and this information is completely from memory), K.A. was originally gonna make the story equally about both Visser one and Visser Three. However as she wrote, she found Visser One's story to be more interesting, so the story became mostly about her. By then it was too expensive to have a new cover done.

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 10:53:53 PM »
I can't really imagine a compelling cover of a thirty-something woman that no one knows about.

Plus, the sinister Visser Three on the cover was just a better representation of the evil of the invading Yeerks
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 11:31:29 PM »
according to the anibase (and this information is completely from memory), K.A. was originally gonna make the story equally about both Visser one and Visser Three. However as she wrote, she found Visser One's story to be more interesting, so the story became mostly about her. By then it was too expensive to have a new cover done.

That's pretty much it right there. K.A used to submit a brief outline of her Animorph books a few months ahead of time, and that is the information the artists and the marketing people used to plan and make the upcoming book covers with. For Visser, the story ended up focusing more towards Visser One by the time she got around to writing it, so by then the cover and everything had already been made and it was too late in the process to stop or change anything.

The reverse stalk eye on the back cover is a goof though.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2008, 01:12:12 AM »
I can't really imagine a compelling cover of a thirty-something woman that no one knows about.

Plus, the sinister Visser Three on the cover was just a better representation of the evil of the invading Yeerks

I agree.  I would have liked to see both of them on the cover though.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2008, 09:50:45 AM »
Maye they could have done a picture of Visser One and Three giving each other the evil glare?  ;D
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

esplin

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 01:38:13 PM »
the cover was sweet to me, its the only picture of visser three that we have, but i  have always wondered why they put just him on the cover.
as for the stalk eye looking backwards thats totally on purpose, visser 3 stares you down as you look at the front and he always knows when your behind him too.

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 05:24:48 AM »
I agree with Esplin ^_^ It's the only picture of Visser 3, so even if it's on Visser cover (that's strange, and I was surprised...) I'm glad they put one ^_^
In fact, I thought they put Visser 3 because the people who made the cover didn't read all the story and thought, because Visser 3 is the most famous Visser, that it was about him... ^_^' But I think now your explanation (about that they couldn't change it when Katherine changed her advice) is the true one. Thanks!
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum

Offline zaprowsdower

• Jr. Xtreme Member
  • The Ancient of Days
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 01:26:35 PM »
I would have liked to read a book written entirely from Esplin's POV on his stories and experiences! :D I always loved seeing his point of view and his secret admiration of Andalites in HBC.
Not caring about what's popular since 2006.

Offline Estelore

• Constant and Distant
  • God
  • Your friendly neighbourhood plural system
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 06:10:01 PM »
I'd have LOVED it if they'd made the book half-half Esplin/Eva, doubt it not. Regardless of how ill-fitting it is, I also adore this cover. The eye that follows the reader is a deliciously creepy addition.
The universe is, instant by instant, re-created anew. There is, in truth, no Past, only a memory of the Past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. The only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

-GNU Terry Pratchet, The Thief of Time

esplin

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 08:15:34 PM »
you guys know whats up :]

Offline Dameg

• Esplin's RAF Lady
  • <Pirate Gloomy bear morph!>
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2008, 07:10:21 AM »
Yeah, it'd be cool to have another book written by Visser 3... *_* Katherine, are you sure you don't wanna write it, pleaaaaaase??? (*_*) (<= I know Katherine don't come anymore but...but...)
..."in a perpetual state of Celtic gloom"
Esplin's RAFwife!

DeviantArt
Student Evil Demo 1.0 (explicit dialogs, 12+)
My Forum