Author Topic: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!  (Read 142083 times)

Offline Andalite_Shorm

• deviantART
Mind Reading?? :/
« Reply #750 on: July 01, 2011, 03:42:50 PM »
I don't get it, in the 1st book, it says that Tobias reads Jake's mind through thought-speak, but it's never mentioned again, as far as I remember, throughout the entire series. Did K.A. just change her mind about that? Cos a lot of peops do that when writing, leaving plot-holes...etc... they'll mention something then maybe in another book say 'no, we can't do that' or something.

onnicarda

Re: Mind Reading?? :/
« Reply #751 on: July 01, 2011, 03:55:35 PM »
I don't get it, in the 1st book, it says that Tobias reads Jake's mind through thought-speak, but it's never mentioned again, as far as I remember, throughout the entire series. Did K.A. just change her mind about that? Cos a lot of peops do that when writing, leaving plot-holes...etc... they'll mention something then maybe in another book say 'no, we can't do that' or something.

K.A. changed her mind after she published her first book :) At first, she wanted people to thought-speak too, but she decided against it in the end.

Offline TobiasMasonPark

• Emperor/Empress of RAF
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's Official Unofficial Canadian Ambassador
    • TobiasMasonPark Blogs
« Reply #752 on: July 01, 2011, 08:31:21 PM »
     Check the thread marked "simple questions with simple answers", or something like that. This question is asked so frequently by new members. Check that thread. Maybe your questions can be answered there.

I'll bring this to the attention of the mods.
Tony's pet Goose.
Unknown User is my shorm.
:raftrophy:
Best Newcomer, 2011
(Thanks for the votes!)
The picture is rather accurate

Offline goom

• the underling of underlings
  • Administrator
  • no other distinguishing characteristics.
    • Twitch.TV Streams
« Reply #753 on: July 01, 2011, 09:08:29 PM »
thanks TMP. merging the thread.

Offline Dogman15

• Steam profile
« Reply #754 on: July 04, 2011, 01:19:03 AM »

This infamous KASU has been fixed in the 2011 reprint of The Invasion.

Offline crystalclear

I'm a little confused with the term controller. Now let's use me as an example, I am a human, thus I can never be a yeerk who controls other beings, but a yeerk can control me. So can I become a controller? If a yeerk was to control me, isn't it that yeerk who is the controller, and I'm just a "controlled"?

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
"Controller" is just the term for a Yeerk-controlled person. It's just what they're called.

Offline crystalclear

Isn't it funny that a person who is being controlled and not being able to control a single thing is called a controller?

Offline Stephquiem

• #1 Poster 8)
  • Gold Donor
  • ^ Hugh. Not House, dagnabit.
    • Facebook
'Course it is, but I really doubt they were going for "grammatically correct term" so much as "these people need a name, quick think of something." (Or however it went. :P)

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
I'm a little confused with the term controller. Now let's use me as an example, I am a human, thus I can never be a yeerk who controls other beings, but a yeerk can control me. So can I become a controller? If a yeerk was to control me, isn't it that yeerk who is the controller, and I'm just a "controlled"?

You are right,... and I really shouldn't have read this when I'm already so close to a headache, lol. But here goes:

A Human Controller refers to the Yeerk who is controlling the human. E.g, a Taxxon Controller, refers to the Yeerk who controlling the Taxxon.

The humans (taxxons, hork-bajir, etc) that are being controlled aren't called controllers. They're just called 'hosts', and they usually fall into either voluntary or involuntary category.

At least, that's what I remember anyways. It has been a while since I have read anything past the new #1 reprint....
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 01:52:06 PM by Essam 293 »

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline crystalclear

You are right,... and I really shouldn't have read this when I'm already so close to a headache, lol. But here goes:

A Human Controller refers to the Yeerk who is controlling the human. E.g, a Taxxon Controller, refers to the Yeerk who controlling the Taxxon.

The humans (taxxons, hork-bajir, etc) that are being controlled aren't called controllers. They're just called 'hosts', and they usually fall into either voluntary or involuntary category.

At least, that's what I remember anyways. It has been a while since I have read anything past the new #1 reprint....

That's a very clear explanation, thank you :) I get it now.

Offline crystalclear

I have another question, if andalites have translation chip implanted in their brain, does that mean they can't morph something really small?

Offline RYTX

• Shadow and Flame
  • Xtreme Member
  • Pretend I said something clever
Well...maybe it should but it doesn't seem to.
Ax has morphed a flea multiple times.
So either the chips are really small, or the andalites found some way for them to be extruded with excess mass
Something, something, oh crap I pissed everyone off again....

Offline crystalclear

Weird, since in that one book when the animorphs got a chip planted in their head they couldn't morph something that's smaller than the chip. I guess andalite's translator chip is very small.

Offline MoppingBear

Weird, since in that one book when the animorphs got a chip planted in their head they couldn't morph something that's smaller than the chip. I guess andalite's translator chip is very small.

This was actually brought up in a thread at one point.  My explanation was that it is a matter of concentration.  The Animorphs are able to keep their morphing suits as they morph because it easy for them to imagine every detail of them.  Shoes are more complex so [spoiler]for most of the books[/spoiler]  they are unable to morph shoes.  Andalites know exactly what the translator chips look like, and thus can incorporate them into their morphs.  On the other hand, they had no idea what the chips in that got implanted in them looked like (or even that they had them at first)  and thus could not cause the chips to change with them.