Author Topic: Simple Animorphs Questions: Ask questions with one possible answer here!  (Read 142076 times)

Offline MoppingBear

Also, why can't tobias morph a human for more than 2 hours and then use the blue box again to re-acquire morphing ability?

nothlits cannot regain the morphing power, tobias getting it was done by the elimmist

How important is Tom's yeerk actually? I know Chapman's yeerk is kind of important, and Marco's mom too. But Tom? Or is it explained in later books? :huh: I'm going to read the e books, but reading too much text on monitors hurt my eyes :-\

i dont think he ever made it up to subviser, but he was fairly important, at least important enough to repeatedly meet with viser 3 and keep his head

Offline gocorygogo

It's established that you can't acquire DNA that's already been acquired. Meaning if someone acquired a dog, you can't acquire the dog through them. It should be the same if you take their DNA. You'd only get the original form's DNA, and not the acquired DNA the person got beforehand.
Yeah I figured that. I was thinking though the morphs that the person had acquired before are in the morpher's DNA. So if the animal's DNA was mixed in with the human's (or andalite's) DNA that if that was the acquired DNA of someone acquiring that person-by default-recieve that animal's DNA also?

Offline crystalclear

ah thanks for the answers, everyone :) Just read book 36 this morning, and I love it!

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
How important is Tom's yeerk actually? I know Chapman's yeerk is kind of important, and Marco's mom too. But Tom? Or is it explained in later books? :huh: I'm going to read the e books, but reading too much text on monitors hurt my eyes :-\

i dont think he ever made it up to subviser, but he was fairly important, at least important enough to repeatedly meet with viser 3 and keep his head

Tom's first Yeerk was going to end up becoming the controller for the state governor, who was in line of being a candidate for presidency. Then Jake killed him in #6.

Tom's second Yeerk went up in rank once he brought in Jake's parents in #49, when it was discovered that the Animorphs were human. And I believe he then became Sub-Visser after #50, when he brought the Escafil Device to Visser Three One.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline gocorygogo

Can a morpher acquire something not using his/her hands? I ask because I was reading megamorphs and Ax was trying to catch a flea that was on him to acquire it. I thought it would have been easier to just start acquiring when the flea was in contact. Would have been easier. I don't think it was ever addressed in the books.

Offline MoppingBear

Can a morpher acquire something not using his/her hands? I ask because I was reading megamorphs and Ax was trying to catch a flea that was on him to acquire it. I thought it would have been easier to just start acquiring when the flea was in contact. Would have been easier. I don't think it was ever addressed in the books.

i think so, but skin contact is probably required, and ax is covered in fur

Offline crystalclear

Just read book 39, and apparently morphing and demorphing when your real body is injured will heal your wounds, I'm pretty sure in earlier books it's been stated that morphing will not heal/change your real body's condition. Anybody can shed some light on this?

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
I don't remember anything like that being said in an earlier book.  There are other examples of morphing healing your body (e.g. #49, Loren regains her sight and loses her scars after morphing)

Also in #25 the Animorphs repeatedly morph and remorph to survive the cold temperatures, and I don't think they suffered any cumulative damage to their human bodies.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
It was never said that they couldn't heal their real bodies by morphing. You might be getting confused with what Rachel said in #2 about failing to reverse a bad haircut. This topic has been discussed at length in other threads, but nobody can explain why exactly injuries are healed but changes to the body's condition (eg. hair and weight loss) remain the same after morphing.
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Kotetsu1442

Yes, they never said that morphing/demorphing wouldn't heal your wounds, though even after they had seen the morphs be reconstructed fully healed they did note that they still were not sure that it would heal their own body's wounds, they didn't actually test it out. One of the earliest confirmations that it will heal your original body is in MM#1 when Rachel demorphs and notes that scratches on her feet from earlier barefoot walking were now healed, however this contradicts Cassie's pointing out a scar on her hand in #7, The Stranger which was published not long before MM#1, which should just as well be healed away after demorphing (as well as the other odd artifacts of demorphing that Phoenix mentioned). I think that in order to make the series function according to a single, logical set of rules that make sense in application what KA should have done is make the morphs be created solely from DNA, and therefore healed with each morphing but the actual bodies of the morphers be only stored in Z-space then retrieved upon de-morph, then making sure throughout the storyline that the Anis never seriously injured their own bodies outside of morphs.
If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush.

Offline crystalclear

Ah thank you guys for the explanations. I guess yeah I was confusing it with the bad haircut thing. So I guess you can cure illnesses by morphing too? That's interesting, they'd be practically immortal...

Offline Kotetsu1442

Ah thank you guys for the explanations. I guess yeah I was confusing it with the bad haircut thing. So I guess you can cure illnesses by morphing too? That's interesting, they'd be practically immortal...

Yup, they can. Rabies has been cured through morph. It's not clear exactly how this works either though: are any organisms within their body simply eliminated rather than pushed into Z-space when they morph? And if that's the case, why haven't we heard of all the uncomfortable problems they would have had if their gut flora wasn't re-created along with their own bodies.

Also, it's not perfect in eliminating disease either, #29, The Sickness featured some type of disease that survived and affected the Anis throughout the morphing process.

Some of the problems like this kinda push back the plausibility of the morphing process a bit, but still leave it possible simply by acknowledging that the Andalites never mentioned further details of how it functions because it was a secret technology, it had to have been able to do a lot more than construct the bodies from DNA.
If your attack is going well, you have walked into an ambush.

Offline crystalclear

Okay, seems that I'm the only one asking stupid questions :-] but anyway, I've just done reading the main books (that is 1-54, no megamorphs/etc yet) and I wondered what happened to Rachel's dad?

Offline Liz

• Gold Donor
    • Facebook
It was never mentioned as far as I know.

Offline MoppingBear

Okay, seems that I'm the only one asking stupid questions :-] but anyway, I've just done reading the main books (that is 1-54, no megamorphs/etc yet) and I wondered what happened to Rachel's dad?

iirc rachel's parents are divorced, and her mom has primary custody