Author Topic: How Tobias can Escape After Being A nothlit  (Read 1287 times)

Offline YrkH8tr

How Tobias can Escape After Being A nothlit
« on: March 04, 2010, 04:23:01 AM »
How you can escape after being a nothlit awaits you ( specially TOBIAS ) here

Now the Topic..

When The Escafil Device ( or how i call it , the blue box ) is in the hands of the Animorphs , they have the power to give the ability to morph to anyone , even after they are trapped. Like they gave it to David ( even though David wasn't trapped in a morph ) .
Now what they have to do is , Tobias is trapped in his hawk morph and he wants to return to his human body without losing even a single bit of his powers . So , Tobias can become a human and stay past the two hour limit , and when he loses his powers of morphing , the Escafil Device can return his powers or it can make him a new animorphs , losing all of his acquired DNA .
Or i even suppose they can extend the two hour limit or even cut off the two hour limit ....
SO what do you think ?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 04:31:45 AM by YrkH8tr »

Offline Chad32

• God
Re: How Tobias can Escape After Being A nothlit
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 08:17:56 AM »
The device does not work that way. It just doesn't. Otherwise arbron wouldn't still be a Taxxon.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 09:55:39 AM »
Two things: You should always read the thread labelled READ FIRST when entering a forum, not just this one. It's posted right above your thread. It saves everyone time by answering some of the most asked questions.

Second, go to http://www.hiracdelest.com/mission-status.htm. #13 and #20 both have detailed answers to this. I'll even post it below here, just so there is no confusion. From #13:

FAQ: Tobias receives his morphing power back from the Ellimist in this book and is able to acquire his former self the night before he left for the construction site in #1. One of the most asked questions by fans is that why didn't Tobias just trap himself into his human self and get the morphing power back once they got the Escafil Device in #20: The Discovery. This is a debatable topic, however, they are 2 likely answers:

• The most common answer is that the Escafil Device just doesn't work that way. Once a morphing power is given, it can't be given again to the same person, even if they are trapped as a nothlit in another form. The fact that the Ellimist returned Tobias's morphing power is an anomaly in itself, and a one-time opportunity, which cannot be repeated again unless it's from the Ellimist or a higher being such as him.

• Tobias did not wish to go back to being human because he had nothing to go back to. He never had a home his entire life, because he was always passed back and forth between his relatives. And although unconfirmed, it is highly likely that Tobias accidentally being trapped as a hawk wasn't an accident at all, but done on purpose as a means to escape his human life in the first place. (This is even reflected on later by Ax in #52, when an morph capable enemy is at his mercy, begging to have a chance to escape the war by being trapped in a bird morph, similar to Tobias.)

It backs the reason as to why the Ellimist here gives Tobias what he wants the most: to be able to morph and join the Animorphs in the fight, not to permanently return being human, even though he still gives him the chance to discourage his past self, and another chance by letting him acquire his older self to permanently return as a human if he so wished.

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline INH

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 05:46:53 PM »
From book 53:

And surely Arbron knew that we no longer had the morphing cube, that Visser One had it. And in any event, Arbron must know that it wouldn't work on him. Not on a nothlit.

[Arbron said,] <I know that . . . I understand the morphing technology. I know it cannot save me, that I am forever trapped.>

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 09:53:44 PM »
From book 53:

And surely Arbron knew that we no longer had the morphing cube, that Visser One had it. And in any event, Arbron must know that it wouldn't work on him. Not on a nothlit.

[Arbron said,] <I know that . . . I understand the morphing technology. I know it cannot save me, that I am forever trapped.>

Nice catch! It's been forever since I've read the entire series. I'll be sure to add that in. ;D

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline Blaise Zebrataur

• Ranked 56th in Most Posts
  • Xtreme Member
  • RAF's MVP of Roleplaying
    • Oreius Nascar Leagues
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 03:16:13 AM »
Just like its been said,Tobias couldn't have returned,beside he TOTALLY fit as a hawk,I know I would.