Author Topic: How an Animorphs TV show and Movie should be done-REDUX  (Read 10478 times)

Offline beachbeagle

• It's all in your head.
    • Beachbeagle's Hompage
Re: How an Animorphs movie should be done-REDUX!
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2008, 10:56:20 AM »
Im not an avid Harry Potter fan. And frankly I think while the 1st movie was okay, the 3rd one, Prisoner of Akzaban was the most brilliant and dark. The director Alfonso Cua-something, had this amazing vision that was such a huge contrast from the first two, which were both very juvenile in their appeal. This new director of the final four is pretty amateur. And it shows. He's creative but his direction as far as visuals go is lacking. I don't think I'll be impressed by the final movies in this franchise since he's directing.

Thank you. That's what I meant. The first few were okay and the third was awesome, but once you get to the later ones it's bad. My statement was a little blunt and misinterpreted. That shows the limits of communicating such things via the internet. You have to be extremely careful about your work choices.

Offline XenomorphLV426

« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2008, 11:00:38 AM »
Cuaron is awesome.  I could actually see him potentially working well with this franchise.  Go watch Children Of Men.  It's a little too 'artsy' for Animorphs, but the guy has a knack for grit and immersion.

He's a good choice.  Not sure how he'd work with the comedy and very American humor/culture references though, being a foreigner.

Offline wotw2112

« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2008, 11:29:46 AM »
Just asking, why is a 7 hour movie bad? I'd watch a seven-hour movie.

Because most people want quick thrills and lack the necessary attention span.  There are just some people who don't like storyline and prefer mindless action.   And unless you're a real fan 7 hours is a bit much for anything (not to mention having to find the time to see it)
"Well, that idea might make a stupid idea feel better about itself."
"His goat killed you?"
"I love you shovel."
"Your conscience calls you on the telephone?"

Offline Yorick Brown

« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2008, 04:33:52 PM »
Way too adventurous, film stu? These were action-adventure books! And we're talking about FILMS that are suppose to be cinematic!

Just because a book isn't relevant to the main storyline, it doesn't make it any less worth y of being adapted.

Because they just do? How helpful...

This thread was suppose to be taken seriously but the hostility and cynicism is nevertheless unwarranted. You need to calm down.

Well those Harry Potter films are aimed at kids so they should be a little juvenile.

That's because you're an idiot.

A studio and the theater can't really make profit of a film so long that they can only play it twice a day and a person that ISN'T  moron like you has better things to do than see a 7-hour long film.
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline Yorick Brown

Re: How an Animorphs TV series should be done-REDUX!
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2008, 04:44:20 PM »
Bravo.  It's attitudes like this that gave us two campy neon Batman movies with nipples.  Scratch the TV part.

1) I liked Batman Forever
2) Th problem was that that Warner Bros. and toy companies wanted the movies to be more juvenile to sell to kids NOT to make it more accessible to the general public.

Which justifies my point. Dude, this is your own personal movie, str8 up.

Wrong thread. This is about my TV series not movie.

But oh yea, I forgot. You don't like complexity in your stories. Lol....Sorry, but its a really bad idea.

Whatever gave you that idea? I like complexity but I don't like confusion.

Did it ever occur to you that that part ties in to Cassies intuition, her knowing that it would stir the Yeerk army and change the tides of the war?

The rising voice of the Yeerk Peace Movement and the Taxxon rebels can take care of this.

For the most part, it looks fine. I'd rather the Chronicles work more into the story arc, though, instead of just being season finales.

They weren't season finales. They were direct-to-video film adaptation released one-by-one after every season.
This great evil - where's it come from?
How'd it steal into the world?
What seed, what root did it grow from?
Who's doing this?
Who's killing us, robbing us of life and light, mocking us with the sight of what we mighta known?
Does our ruin benefit the earth, aid the grass to grow and the sun to shine?  Is this darkness in you, too?  Have you passed through this night?

Offline Chad32

• God
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2008, 05:29:37 PM »
They weren't season finales. They were direct-to-video film adaptation released one-by-one after every season.
Oh, sorry. All the better then.

Ani-Master 2014!

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2008, 06:27:51 PM »

You're one to talk, calling someone an idiot. Seriously. Have you taken a look at your ideas lately?

Gee, that came out much harsher than I intended.

Oh, and Xeno I did see Children of Men when it came out. It shouldve won an Oscar because it was an AWESOME movie. Breathtaking. Visually and storywise it was creative. Plus it had my favorite actors in it. Clive Owens, Jullian Moore, and CHIWETEL EJIOFOR - That guy is a star. Did anyone see him play the Messenger in Joss' Whedon's Serenity? Brilliant, brilliant actor. Serenity is one of the best Sci-fi movies of all time if you ask me.

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2008, 06:44:36 PM »

Which justifies my point. Dude, this is your own personal movie, str8 up.

Wrong thread. This is about my TV series not movie.

But oh yea, I forgot. You don't like complexity in your stories. Lol....Sorry, but its a really bad idea.

Whatever gave you that idea? I like complexity but I don't like confusion.

OH, cut the B.S. You know exactly what I'm talking about.

i suggest you continue developing your ideas at film school, and come back when your proposal is rooted in THIS real world.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 06:59:27 PM by filmstu2005 »

Offline XenomorphLV426

« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2008, 07:00:06 PM »
Serenity is one of the best Sci-fi movies of all time if you ask me.

*rubs forehead*  Major headache.

Okay, Chiwetel is awesome.  Granted.  ^^^  But this statement is ri-holycrap-ridiculous.

Serenity was an okay two-hour long episode of Firefly.  The show had better characterization.

Serenity was good.  One of the best sci-fi films of all time?  Puh-leeze.  2001, Alien, The Day The Earth Stood Still, E.T., Metropolis, Blade Runner...Serenity?

Uh no.

Offline filmstu2005

« Reply #114 on: September 01, 2008, 07:03:52 PM »
Hell, if I enjoyed it to the point where I could watch it anywhere, anytime, at any point in the movie, that makes it one of the best sci-fi flicks in my book.  Aliens is great, I have to go back and actually sit through the entire Blade Runner. But I am looking forward to the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still. -- Looks very well made.

I said one of the best. Not THE Best. There can be lots in the 'Best' category.

Offline Phoenix004

• RAF Ancient
  • Sr. Staff
  • With great RAFpower comes great RAFsponsibility...
« Reply #115 on: September 01, 2008, 07:09:23 PM »
I did like Serenity, although the Firefly series was more fun in my opinion.

Anyway:  :sign18:
Animorphs Travels #1 The Invasion
http://animorphsforum.com/index.php?topic=10876.msg860745#msg860745

RAFcon 2015: It's always Hot Dog Day somewhere!

Offline Essam 293

• Dedicated Archiver
  • Xtreme Member
    • Hirac Delest - An Animorphs Archive
« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2008, 03:00:11 AM »
Is there a reason why we have 3 Animorph film topics? I mean, aren't we just repeating the same things over and over in every one of them?

Also check out: ANIMORPHS ANIMATED | ANIMORPHS 300

Xbox Live/PSN Gamertag: Aximlli

Offline XenomorphLV426

« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2008, 03:12:30 AM »
Agreed.  All of these bad ideas should be centralized so not as to pollute as many brains with corruption and lack of standards.

Offline morfowt

• God
  • this is my avatar. it's a picture of nothing...
« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2008, 05:17:49 AM »

Because most people want quick thrills and lack the necessary attention span.  There are just some people who don't like storyline and prefer mindless action.   And unless you're a real fan 7 hours is a bit much for anything (not to mention having to find the time to see it)
the first part I get, the second part, I disagree. Pick any, children/family genre movie, and stretch it to 7 hours, and I'll guarantee I'd watch it. And if you don't have enough time, just watch the rest of it another day.

A studio and the theater can't really make profit of a film so long that they can only play it twice a day and a person that ISN'T  moron like you has better things to do than see a 7-hour long film.
well excuse me for forgetting that people go to a theater to watch movies.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 08:55:00 AM by morfowt »

Offline XenomorphLV426

« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2008, 06:32:36 AM »
Although he's being kind of a tool about it, he's right about a seven hour movie being a pretty ridiculous idea.

Attention spans aren't that long.  Hell, Lord Of The Rings tired me and that was three.